• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC4 Development and Path Going Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
The silence makes me kind of nervous too, but I am convinced its more like christmas and my birthday at the same day whereas its not evident what day it will actually be.

For all the worriers, I have just spent a couple of days reading all the rants I recommend you do the same, it's the only way to get peace of mind.
For what it's worth he is my summary:
First Mover Advantage is such that it affords Evan & Co room to breath so I suggest you relax, no matter what folk say Darkcoin will always be the brand associated with anonymity, so as long as Evan & Co keep working on smoothing out the bumps Darkcoin is and will be a serious player.

After going through all the crap from the trolls, my conclusion is they have stirred things up so folk are sensitive and some are backing away because they haven't bothered reading and doing their research, sadly Evan replied to one and that gave it credibility but really none of that matter as long as the pursuit of the vision continues.

Dark is worth buying into simply because they were first to scream anonymity, it gives them all the time required to succeed. Like everyone else I hope that this time they have it right but if they don't, those that get this stuff realise that FMA combined with vision, determination, ability, humility and transparency virtually guarantees success and in Darkcoin's case all my senses say this remains a very big deal.

For all the worriers, I have just spent a couple of days reading all the rants I recommend you do the same, it's the only way to get peace of mind.
For what it's worth he is my summary:
First Mover Advantage is such that it affords Evan & Co room to breath so I suggest you relax, no matter what folk say Darkcoin will always be the brand associated with anonymity, so as long as Evan & Co keep working on smoothing out the bumps Darkcoin is and will be a serious player.

After going through all the crap from the trolls, my conclusion is they have stirred things up so folk are sensitive and some are backing away because they haven't bothered reading and doing their research, sadly Evan replied to one and that gave it credibility but really none of that matter as long as the pursuit of the vision continues.

Dark is worth buying into simply because they were first to scream anonymity, it gives them all the time required to succeed. Like everyone else I hope that this time they have it right but if they don't, those that get this stuff realise that FMA combined with vision, determination, ability, humility and transparency virtually guarantees success and in Darkcoin's case all my senses say this remains a very big deal.

Wow, reading all the rants that must have left you exhausted... and nauseated :smile: Now seriously. While I agree there are many trolls around spreading FUD, we should not fall into calling troll anyone who does a question. I get some are quite repetitive or not well intentioned, but some of the questions are worth answering. We are not a cult, but lately I'm starting to worry about our tone at bitcointalk.

As for your conclusion, I agree with you. Network effects for first mover are big. But it is not only being the first one worried about anonymity, it is being able to deliver and innovate. It is not the same to design something than to copy it. The development process is not smooth and those copying can't catch up because they simply don't know their stuff well enough. When we stop they need to stop, they are dependent on darkcoin to advance so they will never catch up. The coins with a different technology like cryptonote are another matter, but they are in a very early stage right now. Also, they have a longer road because they have not started with something stablished as we have done with the bitcoin code, so their adoption would be longer.

TL;DR: relax and enjoy the summer, darkcoin is in a great place!

We are not a cult, but lately I'm starting to worry about our tone at bitcointalk.
Bitcointalk isn't worth reading anymore. 80% of the posts make me sick, because I just can't stand that much idiocy, ignorance, greed and malevolence in one place. It's like the cancer of our society is accumulating on bitcointalk.

Bitcointalk isn't worth reading anymore. 80% of the posts make me sick, because I just can't stand that much idiocy, ignorance, greed and malevolence in one place. It's like the cancer of our society is accumulating on bitcointalk.
I go on and off, but I try to at least scan through it to know what's going on. It is true that there are a lot of terrible posts, but sometimes you find something that is worth the time. Also, it is the first thing many people know about darkcoin, so we need to make an effort to keep it civilized and informative. Most people here knew about darkcoin first through bitcointalk.

I thought the same until I found out how well ignoring trolls actually works. Reading the threads is now much more comforting lol...

Who you think you are? Why some people feel like a boss if they bought some DRK and think that developers have to hard work 24h per day and post every day reports for their speculation profits?
If you have nothing to say about it just keep quiet!!!

Oh we're working on it, it's working very well. Just a few kinks some people are experiencing with DarkSending, but no forks that I know of :)

Hi, im new on drktalk, much more interesting to read :)
I've got a question, somewhere on bcttalk i read that there are plans on implementing I2P, is that right?
btw. is it theoretically possible to determine the origin IP of a txbroadcast, if there would be enough clients run by a "bad actor"?
if so maybe it would be possible to broadcast an anonymous transaction at first through (at least one) master nodes ..? just an idea i thought of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back