• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Price Discussion Thread

Still too low. Unless you reach 1200$ of bitcoin.
I mean it is absurd the bitcoin generation of 2009-2010 to worth 1200$ and the Dash generation of 2014-2016 to worth 60$. In a rational world this should be the reverse. Bitcoin should worth 60$ and Dash should worth 1200$.

But of course those who own dolars are tottaly stupid. It is the fate of Timocracy, which is considered as one of the most corrupted, stupid and unjust political regimes. Imagine how stupid our "beloved" Dash masternodes owners are, and multiply it with 1000 in order to calculate the stupidity of the dollar owners (who invest in Dash and Bitcoin). This is the reason why dash is still below bitcoin.

It might say $60 but it's just numbers on a screen, it's only real when you convert it into something tangible, like buying a house etc.

@GeauxSheaux I can only speculate, but frankly I think it's just that we've finally proven ourselves to the movers and shakers. I've always felt Dash was HUGELY undervalued, still do. It's hard to get attention through the crypto sphere noise. It also takes a while to digest how Dash works, the game theory involved, why it's secure, how we can securely make instant transactions, etc... But once people get it, they see how brilliantly Dash was designed. As far as real worth, Dash should be worth far more than Bitcoin at this point (read up on first mover advantage, and you will see that even the professor who coined that term has revised it to say it's actually a disadvantage) In the end, Bitcoin can't survive as anything except perhaps, if they convince Banks, as a store of value or a transfer of large sums. Unfortunately for them, once Dash's market cap is larger than Bitcoin's, Bitcoin can't win in that sphere either.

Frankly, if banks don't get on board the Bitcoin bandwagon, Bitcoin won't survive, certainly won't continue to be #1

These are of course my opinions, and I'm no expert. But I do think that people are realizing the leader in the race is Dash, and that they better catch the train.

@TanteStefana I agree that it's obvious that Dash is fundamentally better in (nearly) every domain than current competitors. Taking a step back though, when we look back in 10 years, we're going to end up seeing that the entire crypto-verse is grossly undervalued right now. The ENTIRE space has less than $24 billion invested. The market cap of AAPL is $700+ billion...

I also agree with you on essentially every other point you make. The general lack of knowledge surrounding these technologies is staggering. The BTC first mover advantage will end up being a blip on the radar since the "advantage" was only $20B. Mass adoption of cryptocurrency probably still relies on a catastrophic failure of some fractional reserve banking system, however.

It might say $60 but it's just numbers on a screen, it's only real when you convert it into something tangible, like buying a house etc.

It will be real when the coin of the future will appear, and when you will manage to convert all your cryptocoins or fiat money to this digital cash of the future.

I bet that the coin of the future will be something between Tezos (a nomic bank), Duniter (a time space symmetric coin that respects the future generations) and Dash (a coin that supports governance) .

When I will see this coin to appear, I will bet all my wealth on it. But until then, I consider all the cryptocoins availabe today to be just tulips.

I dont care about tulips. I am waiting for the black rose.

I'm not so sure that mass adoption would require catastrophic failure. If we can service merchants and consumers at even 1% cheaper, we would slowly gain ground, but instead we're talking, probably an average of 3% savings for using Dash. Better still, people, after a few years, will see some people gaining $$ just for holding their liquidity in Dash. This won't go unnoticed. Sure, at first it'll be the crypto nerds, like now, but slowly more and more people will do so. Money talks. Even if they don't understand, the people they trust will start to talk about crypto virtues (Dash being at the forefront) and they will start to trust the trustless system :p

The fact that the government wants to get rid of cash will also drive people into crypto. Privacy is essential to life. If there were no crypto, you'd start seeing people using other things for purchases eventually. So no, I hope to God we don't get any catastrophic failures! It's much better for cryptos to infiltrate and support and finally, possibly take over as money, over a super long period of time. Anything else would cause pain and suffering and possibly war. Thanks but no thanks o_O For me, as long as we're reducing the size of the Feds and most all government in our lives (not too happy about states either), I know things will get better for my kids.

Just to be clear, I'm neither predicting nor advocating for a financial sector crisis. I just think that such an event would be required for medium-term mass adoption of crypto.

Just to be clear, I'm neither predicting nor advocating for a financial sector crisis. I just think that such an event would be required for medium-term mass adoption of crypto.

What do you consider medium term (10 years?) Just think about how fast Paypal took over internet payments. And they used to be so inexpensive to use! They've since doubled their fees, so I think a lot of people will hook up to a system where the fees are almost non-existent. But the degree of adoption...? I don't know? I honestly think we'll start making inroads in the next 2 years though, far more so than Bitcoin ever did. It's going to be exciting!

Nice view, new $ATH.

Clipboard01.png

Crazy! My theory is that it is Coinbase pilling up Dash before they are going to officially start selling it. Naturally it is only my speculation.

Crazy! My theory is that it is Coinbase pilling up Dash before they are going to officially start selling it. Naturally it is only my speculation.
It can be the case, but i hope that is not the case,
because if it is, we see quite big drop when new exchange start with Dash.

It can be the case, but i hope that is not the case,
because if it is, we see quite big drop when new exchange start with Dash.
Indeed, but If you think about it, they do have to get tones of Dash from somewhere. Another option is OTC or they are going to use that Dash the treasury paid out to them.

When you guys think we hit new ATH 100$?

That is very difficult to conclude to me at this moment, but we can guess.
My guess is before march 31 we hit new ATH 100$.

When you guys think we hit new ATH 100$?

That is very difficult to conclude to me at this moment, but we can guess.
My guess is before march 31 we hit new ATH 100$.

Up about 4X in 30 days that is pretty scary doesn't seem sustainable in the "real" world.... especially since I don't have much ;-)

Up about 4X in 30 days that is pretty scary doesn't seem sustainable in the "real" world.... especially since I don't have much ;-)
In Dec 2013 many said that also about bitcoin.
But in time we will see how Dash will manage...

We do have 2 things going for us vs Bitcoin back then, and those are 1. a more (just more) mature exchange infrastructure and people have become less freaked out every time China's government burps.

Still, it's a very good chance that the team will make Evolution work, and that they'll successfully market and on-board a lot of service providers. Just getting the tourism businesses to accept Dash would be huge (all the stores and restaurants in tourist towns, etc...) It would be HUGE, and our team is serious, mature and when a prospective client meets them, they're won over by intelligence, logic, help, support, persuasiveness (not so much needed when you see how awesome Dash really is). We are THE payment system to be feared by ALL (Visa MC Paypal EVERYONE, MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

OK, still, the drive up freakin scares me..... then excites me because it means it's really going to happen!

You know, there are members here that kinda freaked out over Minotaur, which I never understood, but those that know him, and work with him have nothing but HUGE praise for him. I agree, he is amazing and I don't even know about all the irons he has in the fire! We have amazing people working for DASH

Back