• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Admin - HR Consult

Funniest thing I read all week!! - like yeah, right, that's going to happen! lol

I just love it that you all are digging your own hole deeper and deeper into centralisation.. utterly and wilfully blind to the inevitable backlash. Not satisfied with centralised backup servers? - or a single person switching off rewards to MNs - the US based legal team - or the new offices - or the HR team. You all think that everyone else is stupid and will not ridicule you for buying into centralisation? The government is going to eat you alive and you have yourselves to blame.
Wouldn't that be the perfect time for the masternode owners to behead the centralized locale? Uncle Sam says "We own you" and masternode owners say "you own who"?

Let me share a story with anyone considering this proposal. I'm one of the "new guys", and I was brought on after many rounds of emails and several phone discussions with @AndyDark. Without getting into personal details let me just say that I am in a tough financial position,currently. I needed money. I have a full-time job, and the best, most lucrative thing I can do is sell my personal time as a freelance UI developer. So when I heard @amanda_b_johnson announce "Dash was hiring... UI developers..." imagine my excitement! I love crypto, I love DASH, I love UI - I can DO this! Dream come true!

However, after a few very honest and open conversations with Andy, I experienced trepidation over accepting what would be a very large discount for the exchange of my services, my time, and my creativity. The challenge for me was this: I wanted to contribute - but I needed to make a certain amount ... but I also was able to glean (without specifics) that I would be compensated disproportionately (even *with* this drastic discount) to many existing members on the team. My assumption was that this was a conscious decision by current core team members, and I see that this proposal quite eloquently spells out that issue, which I interpret as the exhaustion or unavailability of a supply of developers of a certain noble kind.

This left me feeling ... well - kind of sad. I thought for sure all these core guys were millionaires or something. I'm so naive in a lot of ways with this stuff... but I digress.

Suffice it to say I've been on the team for 1 month now, and I am well pleased to have been able to contribute in the limited ways I have been, and this brings me to my point.

I want to be a part of this team for a long time. The kind of magic I do takes months and years, not weeks and days. I want to be part of the team in a way that doesn't make me an outsider. A way that establishes rapport and community. This proposal is not about "external consultants" shaping "the business". This is about solving specific problems in a highly variable environment among an international community of highly talented and passionate professionals.

Therefore, it is my belief that specialized technique, and grace with human understanding is of great need and value here. The problem is complex, and human, and requires resources to be distributed in a way that may not be equitable - but is acceptable to all parties; for varying reasons ranging from geography, to skills; from metrics, to tenure.

As one who has been involved in many matters of resourcing humans including but not limited to hiring, and firing - I would hope that Donna White reaches out to the many personas involved in this process, new and old, before reaching a conclusion on her proposals.

I'm extremely delighted to be making contributions to this team, and I hope to be doing so for some time to come.

Wouldn't that be the perfect time for the masternode owners to behead the centralized locale? Uncle Sam says "We own you" and masternode owners say "you own who"?

And what do you suppose happens to the masternodes network when the FBI bust Evan and a few other core members for a long list of crimes, including misrepresentation and money laundering? Maybe I can help you with that answer because we can see how companies like MIcrosoft survived simply because they were in the pocket of various governments. So yeah, a long shot that dash surives, becomes the next Paypal [yawn], but then you have to deal with moral dilemna.

With online piracy, for example, we can say the sheer numbers makes matters unstoppable.. but a few thousand masternodes sitting on public IPs can be easily comprehended and processed. And as dash develops and the minimum network dependency rises, so too will the affects be felt when the FBI come crushing down.

And what do you suppose happens to the masternodes network when the FBI bust Evan and a few other core members for a long list of crimes, including misrepresentation and money laundering? Maybe I can help you with that answer because we can see how companies like MIcrosoft survived simply because they were in the pocket of various governments. So yeah, a long shot that dash surives, becomes the next Paypal [yawn], but then you have to deal with moral dilemna.

With online piracy, for example, we can say the sheer numbers makes matters unstoppable.. but a few thousand masternodes sitting on public IPs can be easily comprehended and processed. And as dash develops and the minimum network dependency rises, so too will the affects be felt when the FBI come crushing down.

All reasonable concerns. I would propose that these are not reasonable times. ;-)

Back