• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How do you obtain your DASH?

Pumba2988

Hello fellow Dashers,

Just a thread in regards to how everyone obtains there DASH and how they keep it safe.
I will post my methods if you could show me how you do it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Country= Australia

Method= I currently buy BTC off www.coinjar.com.au at 1% commission i then send that BTC to www.poloniex.com exchange to purchase DASH. Once bought I withdraw the DASH from Poloniex to my "Ledger Nano S" Cold Storage wallet for holdings. I dont trade Crypto anymore because volatility. I'd prefer buy and hold.

Please let us know how you obtain DASH thanks

Hong Kong

Localbitcoin buy BTC
exchange on Bittrex to Dash
store on QT Cold Storage :D
(all done in under 5 minutes)

how everyone obtains [their] DASH
I'm not everybody, but I get mine by providing useful goods and services. They usually want to pay in some shitcoin like ETH or DOGE or BTC... But I give them a "send to" address that is really shapeshift.io, so I get DASH no matter what and don't have to deal with the shitcoins.

Even if you have nothing of particular value to offer, there are tons of dumb as shit people in crypto eager to waste their money on dumb shit. Since they want to throw their money away, why shouldn't you be the garbage can?
and how they keep it safe.
By not being a dumbass.

If you put money in computer, understand computer.
If you put money on network, understand network.

Understand encryption, both stationary and in transit. Understand the difference between concealment and cover. Understand that all commercial OSes, including iOS and Android device OSes, are back-doored by consumer demand.

A Trezor helps, if you understand it.

Step up.

Last edited:
I agree. Trezor is the way forward, and it's not difficult to set up and use.

It's just the initial investment that may cause people to hesitate. However, it's money well spent in my view.

I agree. Trezor is the way forward, and it's not difficult to set up and use.

It's just the initial investment that may cause people to hesitate. However, it's money well spent in my view.
If you can't afford a Trezor, you don't have enough money to need one, and should be using your brain to learn about all that other stuff I mentioned.

You might even begin to realize that the reason you don't have much money, is because you're not using your brain.

When goodwill is "offensive," it only helps those who don't play that game... Those who choose to be offended get what they deserve; continued failure.

Worked for BTC > exchanged BTC for Dash. That was a few years back, not had much luck working directly for Dash so far but not really pushed it.

If you can't afford a Trezor, you don't have enough money to need one, and should be using your brain to learn about all that other stuff I mentioned.

You might even begin to realize that the reason you don't have much money, is because you're not using your brain.

When goodwill is "offensive," it only helps those who don't play that game... Those who choose to be offended get what they deserve; continued failure.

Ha ha ha. You're such an elitist. Lol.

If you put money in computer, understand computer.
If you put money on network, understand network.

Understand encryption, both stationary and in transit. Understand the difference between concealment and cover. Understand that all commercial OSes, including iOS and Android device OSes, are back-doored by consumer demand.

A Trezor helps, if you understand it.
Step up.

And if you post messages in dashtalk, understand how the Dash forum works.
And if you put your money into Dash, understand Dash's code.

And you might begin to realize that the reason you have not lived your life at all, it is because you always use your whole brain only to gain money. So you spend the most valuable thing you have in your life (your time) to gain a thing (money) that can buy everything except time.

Delphic maxims: "Think as a mortal", "Use time sparingly", "Foresee the future", "Give a timely counsel", "Act quickly", "Do not trust wealth". For what shall it profit a human, if he shall gain the whole money of the world, and lose his whole life-time trying to get that money? Or what shall a human give in exchange for his life-time?

So you don't need much money, and definitely you don't need to use your whole brain to gain money. You need to use as much brain it is needed, and get as much money it is needed, in order to gain more time. The only treasure that is not a fake one, it is your Time. Don't use your whole brain and don't spend your whole time gaining money, because your money won't help you gain more time. Better use your whole brain and spend your whole time trying to discover what is the thing that could give you time. If you finnaly discover that thing, then you will be rich. If you finnaly fail to discover that thing, at least at the time your time will end, you will not regret that you did not make the effort. A counterfactual regret minimization conditional.

How do you obtain DASH?
Please let us know how you obtain DASH. thanks
I don't need to obtain DASH. TIME is the thing I need to obtain. And I guess TIME is what you also really need (but you may don't know it, yet).

So....How do you obtain TIME? Please let us know how you obtain TIME. thanks.

Last edited:
I have some fiat and I seek to convert it to DASH. Rumor has it a major exchange will be bringing DASH onboard. That kind of news might move the price, that kind of news might be worth trading, as in: go long DASH before the news breaks.

Until the news breaks, my idea was NOT to pass through BTC on my way to DASH. The exchange I use has ETH on offer, so I transited through it (via ShapeShift) and avoided the BTC memory pool mess.

I think USD>BTC>DASH is equivalent to USD>ETH>DASH. In a short timeframe, I didn't get hurt by my "transit" currency.

Just an idea for anyone considering...

Does anyone know of any exchanges that are big enough to buy 800 units of dash in a timely manner?

Just a hypothetical question if all the masternode and miners held all there dash and didn't sell it from day one the price of dash wouldn't rise would it?

Does anyone know of any exchanges that are big enough to buy 800 units of dash in a timely manner?

Just a hypothetical question if all the masternode and miners held all there dash and didn't sell it from day one the price of dash wouldn't rise would it?

Not sure on the first, maybe spread it out over a few exchanges. Could try https://dashous.com/ too, maybe no-one on it is selling those kind of volumes but you never know.

To the second, hypothetically the price would simply be unknown, it could be any value from zero to infinite. If you're going down the road of ideal levels of scarcity with that one it's a dead end, it ends up revealing a fundamental flaw in the properties of money (being both a store of value and a unit of exchange).

Back