• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

12.1 Testnet Testing Phase Two Ignition

Status
Not open for further replies.
i gave v0.12.1.0-70b3740 another try today and all my wallets are synced correctly now.

Two remarks with regards to this latest build and the mixing :

* a lot of Privatesend request incomplete: Session timed out messages, which seems to interfer with a fast and fluid mixing
Note : dont get me wrong, there is still a lot of mixing taking place but if we were to fix what exactly causes these messages,
i think the mixing sessions would go even faster.

* Amount to mix still gets exceeded sometimes when Amount is set to 1000 and there is a higher amount available (1300 / 1400)

What options do I need to set that I can build the latest version on a RaspberryPi?

I always get the following error:
Code:
checking for boostlib >= 1.20.0... yes
checking whether the Boost::System library is available... yes
checking for exit in -lboost_system... yes
checking whether the Boost::Filesystem library is available... yes
checking for exit in -lboost_filesystem... yes
checking whether the Boost::Program_Options library is available... no
checking whether the Boost::Thread library is available... no
checking whether the Boost::Chrono library is available... no
checking whether the Boost::Unit_Test_Framework library is available... no
checking for dynamic linked boost test... no
configure: error: No working boost sleep implementation found.

Beside the amount to mix problem there is also a problem with the rounds, when i put the wallet to 8 rounds of mixing and it reaches 100%
not all input amounts have actually reached 8 rounds.

R6Pbg09.png

cq6ffrn.png

I don't understand how qwizzie mixed that much, yet my liquidity provider apparently only managed to help with a single transaction (running with -liquidityprovider=1). All my test nodes appear to be staying synced properly, but maybe some tMNs aren't?

I don't understand how qwizzie mixed that much, yet my liquidity provider apparently only managed to help with a single transaction (running with -liquidityprovider=1). All my test nodes appear to be staying synced properly, but maybe some tMNs aren't?

Running 6 wallets at the same time really helps a lot, as they pretty much mix against each other. That is how i normally test the mixing on testnet, so i will be less dependent on other participants on testnet.

I also have this suspicious feeling running -liquidityprovider=1 will not help with mixing certain higher amounts, like the 100's.

I've been watching the liquidity provider a bit closer now. The latest mixing transaction was 10 confirmations ago, yet I still see the message "Last successful PrivateSend action was too recent."

Beside the amount to mix problem there is also a problem with the rounds, when i put the wallet to 8 rounds of mixing and it reaches 100%
not all input amounts have actually reached 8 rounds.

R6Pbg09.png

cq6ffrn.png
Hmm... Why would you expect ALL inputs to reach 8 rounds? Both wallets have 11 inputs 100 DASH each at 8 rounds, which is exactly 1100 DASH you see in private balance, so I'm not sure what's the problem exactly...

Hmm... Why would you expect ALL inputs to reach 8 rounds? Both wallets have 11 inputs 100 DASH each at 8 rounds, which is exactly 1100 DASH you see in private balance, so I'm not sure what's the problem exactly...

You are right, i should not exspect all inputs to reach 8 rounds, only those input amounts that together would form the anonymized 1000 amount.
This means the wallet should mix a max of 10x 100 Dash, not 11x 100 Dash or 12x 100 Dash.

If i remember correctly from the past mixing, this actually means a breakdown towards 9x 100 Dash and the rest filled up by smaller amounts
like 10's and 1's .. which will then all end up getting mixed till they reach round 8.

Unless something changed in the mixing process and what is happening now is actually a desired outcome or feature?

@UdjinM6
If user set rounds to 8 and amount to 500 and mixing is 100% complete,
then there is also small amount change(s) which does not have 8 rounds,
but lower rounds, like 2,3,4, does wallet use these if user is going to send over 500 with PS?

It should not, because privacy is lower than 8 rounds, right?

v0.12.1.0-cda28d3
Tested mixing, veeery slow, 30 mins and 11 tDASH done :(
Nov 22, 2016 it was very fast, 800 tDash and 2 rounds, done with in 20 mins!

Dedicated tMN and tLP updated to v0.12.1.0-cda28d3. It is interesting to note that a few hours ago (with the previous build) the tLP was able to do 3 PS denominations within the same minute, which didn't seem likely to occur given recent testing and the fact that LPs don't use multi-session. :)

You are right, i should not exspect all inputs to reach 8 rounds, only those input amounts that together would form the anonymized 1000 amount.
This means the wallet should mix a max of 10x 100 Dash, not 11x 100 Dash or 12x 100 Dash.

If i remember correctly from the past mixing, this actually means a breakdown towards 9x 100 Dash and the rest filled up by smaller amounts
like 10's and 1's .. which will then all end up getting mixed till they reach round 8.

Unless something changed in the mixing process and what is happening now is actually a desired outcome or feature?
It's the other way around - it fills from the smallest to the largest. But the way it selects inputs later isn't linked to the way funds was split, it just tries to select _some_ denomination (that's why your smaller inputs also have non-zero rounds). Not sure why it overshoots, but this shouldn't hurt :)

I've been running with 2048 and 4 threads just to be fancy. 50GB drives in preparation for dashdrive. Definitely overkill.

I don't think a carved in stone recommendation can be made at the moment.

is anyone expecting we will need more than 512 mb ram for 12.1? I'm currently on 1gb so not sure? does having 2 cores lessen the need for ram? Also, do I need to install 12.1 on my trezor to make it work with Masternodes? If so, I need to find a how to ASAP because I want to be prepared :p

Testing ... build 755, git commit eddfa5a

I have 890 tDash mixed.
Tried to send 705 tDash. Both PrivateSend and InstantSend.

I get this message: "Unable to locate enough PrivateSend denominated funds for this transaction. PrivateSend uses exact denominated amounts to send funds, you might simply need to anonymize some more coins. InstantSend requires inputs with at least 6 confirmations, you might need to wait a few minutes and try again."

Please translate that error message for a mere human. By the way, 700 tDash will go through just fine. As will 710.

I would assume that my bucket of PrivateSend included stuff denominated 10 tDash and greater and no .1's or 1's and hence the error. But that message doesn't tell me that. In fact, I am not really sure what it is trying to say. Heh.

Testing ... build 755, git commit eddfa5a

I have 890 tDash mixed.
Tried to send 705 tDash. Both PrivateSend and InstantSend.

I get this message: "Unable to locate enough PrivateSend denominated funds for this transaction. PrivateSend uses exact denominated amounts to send funds, you might simply need to anonymize some more coins. InstantSend requires inputs with at least 6 confirmations, you might need to wait a few minutes and try again."

Please translate that error message for a mere human. By the way, 700 tDash will go through just fine. As will 710.

I would assume that my bucket of PrivateSend included stuff denominated 10 tDash and greater and no .1's or 1's and hence the error. But that message doesn't tell me that. In fact, I am not really sure what it is trying to say. Heh.

I came across that as well a couple of builds back : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/12-1-testnet-testing-phase-two-ignition.10818/page-6#post-106812
It is a bit of a bummer that certain amounts that are well within the boundries of my Privatesend Balance can not be used for Privatesend because the input amounts limits that somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back