• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Blockchain: Money conference in London (6-7 NOV 2016)

Evan is great and we are all talking here because of him. But the project needs to outgrow him. He can't be the one who thinks, codes and presents if we want to go somewhere. There are more people around the project that can do things and this conference is a great opportunity to show that.

lol, you want us to vote for this to prove we've outgrow him! How about a project where he can no longer find the time to code... that's called "outgrowing".

We have this duplicity going where we should liken this project to Apple / Jobs yet Jobs won't rub shoulder to shoulder with the "important people" because he's too busy doing something smaller / coding.

Can anyone imagine Vitalik Buterin not turning up to devcon2 because the project had "outgrown him". Shoulder to shoulder with Santander.... no wait, dash was meant to be the "digital cash", not Ethereum.

The justifications for Evan not going are ridiculous. I'm not saying he should go alone, he needs support. When considering the cost of this proposal and the so called "importance", it seems to me we should be maximising our assets accordingly.

lol, you want us to vote for this to prove we've outgrow him! How about a project where he can no longer find the time to code... that's called "outgrowing".

We have this duplicity going where we should liken this project to Apple / Jobs yet Jobs won't rub shoulder to shoulder with the "important people" because he's too busy doing something smaller / coding.
I haven't said you should vote this to prove that. I have said that if we depend on him for everything, we are doomed. Besides that, he is not necessarily the best for every task.

I haven't said you should vote this to prove that. I have said that if we depend on him for everything, we are doomed. Besides that, he is not necessarily the best for every task.

Well look, how about if someone actually ask him if he'd like to go?

Well look, how about if someone actually ask him if he'd like to go?
We have talked about this in team meetings in which he is also present. We discuss all speaking opportunities and decide what we believe is the best course of action. You may agree or not (it looks like you don't!), but he had already decided to go to Buenes Aires when this opportunity appeared and he preferred to stay on plan.

We have talked about this in team meetings in which he is also present. We discuss all speaking opportunities and decide what we believe is the best course of action. You may agree or not (it looks like you don't!), but he had already decided to go to Buenes Aires when this opportunity appeared and he preferred to stay on plan.

Evan's obviously taking less of a leadership role and I can't argue with that. He's also reduced his MN count, and that too I can't argue with.

I'll still vote no but equally wish you guys good luck if it passes.

Evan's obviously taking less of a leadership role and I can't argue with that. He's also reduced his MN count, and that too I can't argue with.

I'll still vote no but equally wish you guys good luck if it passes.
I don't know that he's reduced his MN count, but I have never known how many he had, so I can't say :). Anyway, even if that were true, I would not read much into that. He's been years without a salary and my guess is that he has expenses, so it would be normal that he sold some to maintain himself.

The nodes have spoken, congrats guys! You have a few supporters!
Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 12.22.25 PM.png

Yes, the budget request wasn't approved by the network :(
That is a shame, maybe dont go for the premiere exhibitor package next time and keep expenses to minimum.

People are hyper sensitive to these expenses that are listed involving conferences, Maybe the solution for that is to have a 3 party planing the trips instead of the attendees them self's making reservations.

It has to be as cheep (while being nice) as possible.

Also I think that posting on a forum is not going to reach all MN ovners, maybe call up Amanda and make a show about your case for doing this conference.
more chance of making your case heard.

Well better luck next time eh..

Reactions: kot
Back