• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC3 Soft Fork

Pretty sure I've got everything working on the newest version now. Was really easy to update. Now I'm wondering what's the best way of tracking my Masternode payments? Since I can't keep open the cold storage wallet (where the payment goes) on windows for every masternode, what's the best way?

Pretty sure I've got everything working on the newest version now. Was really easy to update. Now I'm wondering what's the best way of tracking my Masternode payments? Since I can't keep open the cold storage wallet (where the payment goes) on windows for every masternode, what's the best way?

Use the blockchain explorer - http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/{your_cold_wallet_address}

e.g. http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/Xfc1UQqRLvUWpRMFN9vYSWDJyhvyDek3t9

I have been using a "blockchain explorer" to track my payments. Here are two:
http://explorer.darkcoin.io/chain/DarkCoin
http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/

Just go to either one, and input your masternode address in the appropriate field. It will show you the balance of the address you enter.
(Just be sure that the explorer is up-to-date. It is sometimes the case that just after a fork a blockchain explorer gets out of sync for a while, until it gets updated.)

You will see that you have received a payment when you balance is more than 1000DRK. I'm still waiting for my first payment...and trying SO hard to be patient! LOL

Was very excited when i saw a twitter notification after waking up this morning , superb job Evan and the team! :smile:

small q - I have updated both my MNs darkcoind and my local, but it seems i didnt have to re-sync the wallet? Guess i should wait a while, but running "darkcoind masternode debug" on the MN gives "successfully started", and it shows in chaeplins list.. :what:

yup answered my question :)

Next question, can you transfer your payment to another wallet to spend without interrupting the MN>

As soon as the payment matures (105 confirmations left) i will try something like

Code:
sendfrom "0" XvKkW3NJFhTr9hcgbV8EQcGqbCCshDS8vj 1.0012-${fees}

and monitor if my hotnode keeps "masternode capable"

As soon as the payment matures (105 confirmations left) i will try something like

Code:
sendfrom "0" XvKkW3NJFhTr9hcgbV8EQcGqbCCshDS8vj 1.0012-${fees}

and monitor if my hotnode keeps "masternode capable"

It used to be that with masternde=1 in the conf, it would lock the 1k deposit. You could try to send over the 1k, and it would say something like "insufficient funds" or something.

That doesnt seem to be the case with 10.11.3. Keep us posted please!

About updating, here's what I've found:

Update your server-
ssh [email protected]
cd .darkcoin
darkcoind stop
mv darkcoind darkcoind-old
wget http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoind
chmod 755 darkcoind
./darkcoind

Then with local machine,
edit darkcoin.conf to include masternode=1, masternodeprivkey=priv-key-for-that-masternode, masternodeaddr=x.x.x.x:9999
start local wallet, make sure local and remote are at current blockheight
do masternode start 'masternode-wallet-passphrase'
voila - masternode appears on chjaeplins site straight away

I found yesterday that you don't need to load any particular wallet.dat for individual masternodes, any wallet.dat will do as long as you have the right masternodeprivkey and masternodeaddr in the darkcoin.conf file. So now I have four different darkcoin.conf files with the appropriate info for each masternode. :)

darkcoin_logo_140x140.png

DarkCoin Mac OS X Update v0.9.11.4
updated 26 June 2014

Download and more info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4585071#msg4585071

q41Qtvi.png

I have been payed on one of my MNs sofar, which i did the walletpassphrase sync on. 2nd one i dont have access to the coldwallet at the moment, so i only updated darkcoind on it. But it still appears correctly in chaeplins list, no payouts thus far though on that one..

yup answered my question :)

Next question, can you transfer your payment to another wallet to spend without interrupting the MN>

It used to be that with masternde=1 in the conf, it would lock the 1k deposit. You could try to send over the 1k, and it would say something like "insufficient funds" or something.

That doesnt seem to be the case with 10.11.3. Keep us posted please!

So, the coins matured and i sent 1.0012 from the wallet, but i missed to substract the fee :rolleyes:

Result: 1.0012 DRK transferred, 0.001 DRK fee spent --> 999.999DRK left in masternode wallet --> immediatly marked as inactive...

So, result as expected, but not what i wanted :rolleyes:

Let's see how to reactivate this node :smile:

So, the coins matured and i sent 1.0012 from the wallet, but i missed to substract the fee :rolleyes:

Result: 1.0012 DRK transferred, 0.001 DRK fee spent --> 999.999DRK left in masternode wallet --> immediatly marked as inactive...

So, result as expected, but not what i wanted :rolleyes:

Let's see how to reactivate this node :smile:

Yeah... I dont get the fees also. On linux, I'm yet to have a fee charged. On my mac, sending 1k, I always send 1000.xx so I'm sure any fees deduced make 1k get there. But to this day, I've never been charged fees when sending 1k+... then from darkcoind I send exactly 1k to my address "0" (I know its not required anymore, but I got into that habbit for method). Never had a fee deduced.

From the QT, when I send 0.xx DRKs... I almost always get a message "exceeds limit", and asks me if I want to pay a fee.

flare, send a few DRK crumb over, create a new address and send 1k to it. 6 confirms and should be good to go.

Back