• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

X11 ASIC Baikal Mini Miner Spec

I have a Giant, which has an Orange Pi as a controller. The mini seems to also have an Orange Pi controller as well.
First thing I'd do is ping the miner's IP address and see if it times out.
Be sure you're getting the correct IP address. In my experience, the Advanced IP Scanner sometimes doesn't give updated on the Baikal's IP address. If you wish to be absolutely sure, I'd dedicate a router and connect just your PC and the miner to it, and look at the router settings to see which IP addresses it has given to your PC and miner.

And yes, I'd also try to reflash the SD card with the images Baikal has in their google drive. There's a 4GB and an 8GB one. According to them, either one will work, but the 4GB has the latest version.

If that doesn't work, try to see if the Orange Pi has a steady red LED lit on. If it doesn't, your Pi is fried. That's what happened to my Giant. I'd had to order a new one. Good thing it costs $20 in Amazon.

General recommendation: Manipulate the Orange Pi carefully. They seem to be really fragile to electrostatic discharge. Manipulate them from the edges, try not to touch the electronics in the PCB. Don't connect/disconnect stuff while it is on. Baikal even said to not to connect it to a monitor, which is kind of ridiculous, because why would it have an HDMI output in the first place.

Hope this helps.

Hi, there is a problem with sgminer/5.5.1-b, pool switching is not working, after auto or manual switch miner doesnt produce accepted shares, need to restart, all the newer version miners affected! Is there a link to burn sgminer/4.9.3 on the sd card, as it seems fine.

Hi, there is a problem with sgminer/5.5.1-b, pool switching is not working, after auto or manual switch miner doesnt produce accepted shares, need to restart, all the newer version miners affected! Is there a link to burn sgminer/4.9.3 on the sd card, as it seems fine.

Thanks for the tip. What pools do you use? I've tried all of the ones recommended in the Dash.org page, bit the only one with that stays active is suprnova.cc. The rest of them always stay "inactive" according hoy the Baikal web interface.

Thanks for the tip. What pools do you use? I've tried all of the ones recommended in the Dash.org page, bit the only one with that stays active is suprnova.cc. The rest of them always stay "inactive" according hoy the Baikal web interface.
Its got nothing to do with specific pools, you can stay connected on any pools IF you delete all other pools from the interface except the one you use, thus disabling auto-algo switch. Its a major problem as any manual or auto switch occures, miner needs to be restarted. Could not find any solutions so far.

Highly recommend NOT to buy from asicminermarket.com. They didn't reply to my numerous emails and Skype messages for over a week after I purchased from them. And they never got back to me or shipped me the miner

So is Asicminermarket.net just purchase from the offical Baikal and just resell? I was just talking to the official Baikal on skype and he stated that they dont have any distributors.
How many did this Asicminermarket have total before they ran out?? Just curious if they were able to buy 50 or more.

Its got nothing to do with specific pools, you can stay connected on any pools IF you delete all other pools from the interface except the one you use, thus disabling auto-algo switch. Its a major problem as any manual or auto switch occures, miner needs to be restarted. Could not find any solutions so far.
Actually new update v 3.0 sd image fixing this issue!

X11 ASIC Miners

I'm VERY frustrated with zero availability of miners from Baikal or Pinidea. I have a great business plan, funds ready to go, but now it's impossible to move forward. We need a solution or more suppliers to fill the pent up demand for X11 mining equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ping them on skype that was how i purchased mine "baikalminer is thier skype name with a blue logo on it

I just lost 2.3 btc too :(
Damn... Sorry to hear that. Well, the official baikal page does say that the skype is baikalminer with the blue bikal logo , not baikal. Also, in this thread the official OEM made a post, which matches the web page. In the thread you can also read posts from other users saying if they're a scam or not.

So is Asicminermarket.net just purchase from the offical Baikal and just resell? I was just talking to the official Baikal on skype and he stated that they dont have any distributors.
How many did this Asicminermarket have total before they ran out?? Just curious if they were able to buy 50 or more.

Quite possibly. I'd stay away from them. If I hadn't contacted PayPal, I'd be 2400 short with no miner.

Wow glad you got your funds back. So seems like they are a hit and miss? Are they actually located in the US or overseas?

MAkes me nervous then to purchase from them if they have a few bad dealings

Thanks! And yeah, I would be nervous if I were you. The only reason I paid them was because they supported PayPal. That gave me some confident PayPal would have my back.

They're probably located in China, like all the OEMs. I think we have other users who got burned by asicminerMarket in this thread. You pay them, and then they don't reply back. Not a good business model.

hi

I just found out today that I lost 1.8 BTC because baikal say that I spoke on skype, I ordered, and I paid an order with a fake Baikal seller.

Probably right, but as well can not be verified identity of the seller, and after you get some money in the wallet you can say that you are not your own wallet.

If you have the patience to read the accompanying discussion below of mail and skype perhaps you will understand yourself.

I can not say that Baikal is a liar but neither can check if it is correct.

I have no interest to denigrate baikal but I lost some money and I want you to be careful when you place an order to not lose money like me.

I'm a miner for more than a year and all the equipment that I have, was been bought from the store or in direct contact with the seller.

Of course this is the first and last time the when I buy from a website obscure.

Below are discussions with the property and forgery seller from Baikal.

!!!!!! check 100 times when paid to Baikal :))))

=============

Hi - What experience do people have of order from the real Baikal\Miner dot Com site. The basket system does not work. We have made an agreement via email [email protected]. They want me to send USD to the account of VITCORE HOLDINGS LIMITED (account 451-906--71-4) with United Overseas Bank in Singapore. Has anyone done that and got their goods? Thanks in advance.

Hello Guys,
I wrote an eMail to baikalminer at baikalminer dot com, they replied very fast yesterday but they're not answering me since I asked them to pay by PayPal. I added them on Skype (Name: baikalminer) but they're not responding.

Is there a list of legit internet sites to buy prebuild Miners from? With legit I mean just like a normal online shop with order confirmation eMails, PayPal, a telephone number to reach someone, etc..
I have the feeling that there are only scams out there. The fact that not 100% of the people who bought from Baikal directly are not satisfied is a small nogo to order from them I think. I don't want to play russian roulette with 3200$; I don't want to wait for days on tracking numbers etc.
I found some deals for Dash Miners but I think they're all scam. I can't post links yet because it's my first post so just google for UfoMiners (100% scam) or Ropesta dot com (they sell the Baikal for half the price).
So anyone has a trusted shop he can share? It would also be an advantage if that shop is not completely sold out ;)

No, it is very hard at the moment, there are shops in eu/us/canada, etc. but they all sold out over a month ago and the prices are crazy on those shops or ebay or other easy to verify sources (we all tried those first too).
So currently it is either wait for more to arrive and finding a reseller that does not add $1000 or 2-3x the prices on top, or try your luck with the ugly business practices in china. Luckily I have been ordering stuff for years from China and got used to all the bullshit and risks, but I would never recommend it to anyone except if they really want something cheap ..

In short: If you are not sure, don't do it. Try the official sources first, if it does not work out, wait for better options. Today baikal seems responsive (the best email for contacting them is the official one: [email protected]), maybe just write them a nice email again and say you want to buy a cube or preorder when it is available. Have been doing the same since beginning of March and did not get an answer for a month, today I got an answer in a few minutes, so it is very luck based. So good luck :) If you need help with the order or are confused, just ask here in the forum.

What experience do people have of order from the real Baikal\Miner dot Com site. The basket system does not work. We have made an agreement via email [email protected]. They want me to send USD to the account of VITCORE HOLDINGS LIMITED (account 451-906--71-4) with United Overseas Bank in Singapore. Has anyone done that and got their goods?

Their website is always broken somewhere and the basket only worked twice this whole months for a few hours until they sold out again (on April 10 on the first batch of the new cube miners, and on April 21 for the remaining 33 miners they had left). The rest of the time nothing really worked. Also nothing new, they have had this problems and several different website designs for over a year now and never managed to get their shit together.

The miners they produce work flawlessly so far for me and what I have read from others.

In the past they always requested BTC/Dash/LTC for easy and fast ordering, this is the first time (to my knowledge) they want to use Bank Transfer. The reason seems to be that the BTC to USD conversion is very bad in china (almost 1:1000 while btc is extremly high today, listed at almost 1400$ in some exchanges), so we as the customers don't want to pay 30-40% extra just because their exchanges do strange conversions. Thus they quickly hacked together this bank transfer, but no one knows if it is legit or will work out. So you are completely on your own.

I did it too as well as others in in this forum and here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864345.340

I just bought mine last week from asicminermarket. Hasn't even shipped because they're out of stock. Try at eastshore.xyz or contact Baikal directly through Skype. Apparently we were a tad late on the whole Dash mining hype.

@mrearthbound Have you ever successfully received any orders from eastshore.xyz? Or know anyone who has? I am waiting for their x11 miners to be available and just wanan know if they are legit. There are so many scammers out there; will appreciate any info. Thank you.

Back