• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

X11 ASIC Baikal Mini Miner Spec

Does it come with any power adapter?
Hi, considering of different demands on power supply for every customers, also for saving customers' shipping cost(the international freight will really cost you a lot I think), so we advise you to buy it from your local or online shop!
Please find one with 12V, 5A(6A/8A), DC plug dimension: 5.5mm*2.5mm.

Official website: www.baikalminer.com. Skype: baikalminer.

Does it come with any power adapter?

Come on guys, read the whole thread ?!?
I wrote about it 2 pages ago:

It was shipped assembled in a normal box.As protection the miner itself was wrapped in a 2 cm thick isolation spongy material inside the box.It took 1 week from the moment of payment to arrival including 2 days of weekend.

It came with: 4 connecting cables ( 1 spare - 3 to use ), that cable for updating and the power cable.Note that the power cable has 5 heads to connect to the boards ( 4 to use and 1 spare ) and a 6 pin female pci express connector at the other end.
Because my atx power source had no pci express ( I have only Molex ) I had to buy an adapter ( http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/sis.html...A&_itemId=170583059349&_trksid=p2047675.m4096 ) at the price of 1.5 $ in my country.
Now I don't know if there is something wrong with the adapter or with the cable Baikal sent but 2 out of those 5 heads don't send power to the boards so I used a 12V - 4 A power supply from an external HDD to power one of the boards.In the near future I will buy a power source with 6 pin pci express connection and I will know for sure.

The customs fee was in my country 12.2 $ representing the VAT for a specific declared value.I also had to pay the transporter a fee because I decided to let him represent me at the customs.There are a lot of formalities here and a lot of time to wait if I wanted to represent myself.So customs ( 12.2$ ) plus transporter fee ( 24.8$ ) = 37$ in extra taxes.

If there's anything else you guys would like to know I will be happy to answer.
Just to specify: I ordered a Quad.

Do you have this miner in stock and how quickly you ll ship to the UK? I am interested in buying few multi algo miner, what is the best way to communicate and order these items?

Hello guys,
I contacted baikalminer.com and the answer was that quadruple miners are out of stock and simple ones you can get only one per order.

You'll have to ask them.They seem to modify a bit the prices according to dash/usd - btc/usd exchange rates

Yes Wally, but before ask them I want to decide for myself if I ready to buy or not and for what price.

BAIKAL not ASIC is wrong, is FPGA
This does not matter. And even better because of FPGA can be reprogramed. And it looks to be truth as they had ability reprograming baikal to multialgo.

Last edited:
Mine came updated already so I've never done it but if you want I could give you my skype in a private message and try to do it together.

I had some questions about mining multiple coins concurrently.

1) What coins are you mining besides Dash?
2) Does mining multiple coins diminish hashrate at all?
3) Does mining multiple coins on the same algo diminish the hashrate of each?

Thanks!

Thanks!
it is not about merged mining like e.g. BTC and NMC.
its about alternative way to mine other coin. So DASH or other X11 coin, not both together.

Thanks!

This reply is based only on my own tests / experience so you don't have to take it as an undeniable truth.

1.I am not mining single coins because I've done it with a couple of coins and it's not worth it.The income is small.

2 & 3. The hashrate is not affected.As far as I've seen inside the miner's dashboard and on pools you ar not able to mine 2 coins simultaneously.If you are in a muti-algo or muti-coin pool you still mine a single coin at a time.

Hope this helps a bit.

Last edited:
I think everyone is asking the same question multiple ways, and that is: I believe to get optimal returns, the best way would be to connect the miner to an autoswitching pool, that can switch to the highest paying coin using the different algos supported. Setup this way what is the approximate earning potential for a single or quad setup?

I think everyone is asking the same question multiple ways, and that is: I believe to get optimal returns, the best way would be to connect the miner to an autoswitching pool, that can switch to the highest paying coin using the different algos supported. Setup this way what is the approximate earning potential for a single or quad setup?

As I said before in a post somewhere around here....your question depends on multiple factors ( pool, coins mined in that pool, exchange rates at the moment of exchange etc etc etc........).
The best constant paying situation encountered by me so far is around 12 $ / day.

and the $12 a day is for the quad correct ? Are you on a pool that switches coins AND supported algos?

Sorry, Quad, yes.
I am on a pool with multi-coin but same algo.
I tried a multi-algo pool.In the first day it made 15$ but in the second day it got only 7.5$ and it remained there for 6 days so.....not trustworthy

Back