• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Women In Blockchain Series, with Naomi Brockwell

Hi Naomi,

I'm okay with your Women In Blockchain idea and I totally get that crypto really needs to break out of this very much male dominated space. But here's what I think; I think you have it in you to go further. You have the eclectic mix to make crypto entertaining to a much broader audience. Interviews are great and everything but you and I both know it needs to be FUN. Just shooting from the hip here but you could, for example, have your interviews and then finish with a fast fire blockchain quiz where failure results in some kind of gunk being poured over them. I'm just feeding you the idea but I know you have it in you to work on that. Short of a complete screw up, you get my vote.

This is definitely important to think about. I know Dash is overwhelmed with media proposals, and obviously with a dip in the market you want to prioritize to make sure that all the tech side is covered. Good marketing may be able to help bring Dash out of the dip, but it's usually not so simple!
I agree, Dash would be my first choice for partnering on this topic because many women already come to mind who are prominently involved. So you would suggest waiting for a market recovery before submitting a proposal because you don't think the chances are high right now?

Historically, the majority of our treasury funds have been spent on "Marketing" projects in the most general sense of the term. We haven't really noticed much of a correlation between "Marketing" spending and changes in the value of Dash, but we have seen positive correlations with the achievement of development milestones and the like, so that's why we've been prioritizing these sorts of things moreso as of late. Personally, I would recommend you wait until the market recovers if you want to increase your chances of receiving funding, as the last few months we've had a lot of great projects that *should* have been funded and *would* have been funded, but there simply wasn't room in the budget, and it will probably be that way until the market recovers. I'm just one MNO, though, and that's just my advice based on observing previous patterns. When our "Evolution" products go live, I suspect there will be a larger interest in "Marketing"-based proposals to draw interest, but we don't know for sure what the timeline will be on that just yet. Most of the updates regarding those projects will be revealed during the Dash Core Group Q2 Summary Call, which should take place in the second week of August, hopefully. That might be the only other opportunity a project like this might have for a favorable voting outcome outside of a market upturn so I'd check back after that.

Historically, the majority of our treasury funds have been spent on "Marketing" projects in the most general sense of the term. We haven't really noticed much of a correlation between "Marketing" spending and changes in the value of Dash, but we have seen positive correlations with the achievement of development milestones and the like, so that's why we've been prioritizing these sorts of things moreso as of late. Personally, I would recommend you wait until the market recovers if you want to increase your chances of receiving funding, as the last few months we've had a lot of great projects that *should* have been funded and *would* have been funded, but there simply wasn't room in the budget, and it will probably be that way until the market recovers. I'm just one MNO, though, and that's just my advice based on observing previous patterns. When our "Evolution" products go live, I suspect there will be a larger interest in "Marketing"-based proposals to draw interest, but we don't know for sure what the timeline will be on that just yet. Most of the updates regarding those projects will be revealed during the Dash Core Group Q2 Summary Call, which should take place in the second week of August, hopefully. That might be the only other opportunity a project like this might have for a favorable voting outcome outside of a market upturn so I'd check back after that.
I appreciate the update!!

Hi Naomi,

I'm okay with your Women In Blockchain idea and I totally get that crypto really needs to break out of this very much male dominated space. But here's what I think; I think you have it in you to go further. You have the eclectic mix to make crypto entertaining to a much broader audience. Interviews are great and everything but you and I both know it needs to be FUN. Just shooting from the hip here but you could, for example, have your interviews and then finish with a fast fire blockchain quiz where failure results in some kind of gunk being poured over them. I'm just feeding you the idea but I know you have it in you to work on that. Short of a complete screw up, you get my vote.
omg a crypto game show would be amazing. When I have millions in funding and a big studio I am doing that exact show lolol
Yeah I have a lots of series in the works, another series I have mapped out is Blockchain in China, where I actually go to china interview people like bobby lee and jihan wu, visit hardware factories in Shenzhen, go to meetups etc. I think that would be a really awesome series, much higher budget though and not sure how I'm going to fund it right now. But it's in the works.
I also have a dating show spoof lined up lol :) again slightly higher budget than my usual interviews so working on finding sponsors for that.
Definitely agree, crypto can be a super fun world and I think we need more of that

Hi! Naomi, where I can see all series?

You mean information about the series that I have in development at the moment?
The outlines aren't public so I can't send you a link, only projects that have reached out about sponsorship opportunities have copies at the moment. I'm happy to chat further about the different series I'm developing currently. Is there a good way to contact you?

Naomi has a massive back catalogue of interviews with some of the biggest names in crypto. I see @amanda_b_johnson 's point as well regarding women in crypto but I think while the space is still massively represented by Peter Pan's that don't know how to associate with or respect women there is still merit. @GrandMasterDash, if there is something Naomi does well is making interviews fun. Some of the most intelligent and insightful people in crypto that I follow are women and I look forward to this getting up. She has my vote.

Naomi has a massive back catalogue of interviews with some of the biggest names in crypto. I see @amanda_b_johnson 's point as well regarding women in crypto but I think while the space is still massively represented by Peter Pan's that don't know how to associate with or respect women there is still merit. @GrandMasterDash, if there is something Naomi does well is making interviews fun. Some of the most intelligent and insightful people in crypto that I follow are women and I look forward to this getting up. She has my vote.
Thanks, @BoomDashOpera :)

Hi Naomi,

I have been fleshing out your idea of a game show, and might test the series next week in a live show :)
Obviously not as cool as gunk on the head stakes, but I think it will be a fun series.
I have taken what @Arthyron said to heart and don't think I'll submit until I have a better chance of it being approved (it would be a lot of dash to lose for me right now), so when I submit I may actually put in a proposal for sponsorship for the quiz show instead. By then I should have a test concept up and running :)
Let me know your thoughts, and feel free to email me if you have any suggestions! :)

I have been fleshing out your idea of a game show, and might test the series next week in a live show :)
Obviously not as cool as gunk on the head stakes, but I think it will be a fun series.
I have taken what @Arthyron said to heart and don't think I'll submit until I have a better chance of it being approved (it would be a lot of dash to lose for me right now), so when I submit I may actually put in a proposal for sponsorship for the quiz show instead. By then I should have a test concept up and running :)
Let me know your thoughts, and feel free to email me if you have any suggestions! :)
Don’t forget, you’re welcome to submit videos for the Dash Decentral series. We would welcome your contributions! :D

Hello everyone, I just registered today on the forum and the first thing I saw was this topic with women in Blokchain. Thank you for her. Just yesterday, I read an article about women in Blokchain.

IT sphere is male-dominated; according to the statistics collected by Pinterest in 2013, they comprise approximately 88%. Researchers think that the reason lies in stereotypes: mainstream movies and series illustrate programmers as guys and all IT companies recall private men’s clubs. What is more, students lack real-life knowledge of IT sphere. They think such work is tedious and implies code digging. That is why girls choose more interesting and creative professions, in their point of view.

You will find even fewer females in cryptocurrency and blockchain industry. As Chain online publication reports, their percent doesn’t surpass 7%. Indeed, founders and top managers at booming projects (Ethereum, Dash, Ripple, and Monero) are male-owned; at any blockchain conference, hackathon or meetup, they appear a vast majority. A sex of a bitcoin’s legendary founder Satoshi Nakamoto remains unknown but he chose a male nickname. Some blockchain enthusiasts are sure that actions should be taken to attract women in the industry.

Hi Naomi,

Not sure if you saw but I started experimenting with a crypto quiz show format as per your suggestion :) It's been going well! Tonight I film the show live from the litecoin summit and Charlie Lee is a contestant. I'd love to know your thoughts :) . https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt3zZ-N423gW9ZNuVTUUrzA2aTCQr-3L3

Not sure if you saw but I started experimenting with a crypto quiz show format as per your suggestion :) It's been going well! Tonight I film the show live from the litecoin summit and Charlie Lee is a contestant. I'd love to know your thoughts :) . https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt3zZ-N423gW9ZNuVTUUrzA2aTCQr-3L3

Sorry for the delay.

I have seen them all and I think you're doing a great job, bringing some well needed fun to this space. Your personality is well suited for this and I encourage you to keep experimenting and tweaking. It will take a while to find what works and doesn't work, so a bit of randomness and adventure is good to have.

I have a slight preference for the real world events. And it's good to see another side to these people beyond their crypto world.

Keep experimenting!

Hi all!
Since the start of this year I went part time as a producer for John Stossel to focus on building up my own blockchain/tech show, and have been SUPER happy with the engagement and growth since then :)
I focus on awesome projects going on in the blockchain/tech spaces, and I have just started developing some in-depth 3-12 part series on specific topics.

At Porcfest I was developing the idea of a "Women in Blockchain" series with some Dash friends, who suggested it might be something that I could do in partnership with Dash:
"Women in Blockchain", powered by Dash.

Please let me know what you would like to see from such a series! I have already compiled a list of women to interview, would love suggestions on that front, any other suggestions of things you'd like to see from such a series, and if you think this is something that the Dash community might like to get involved it :)

Naomi
xo
An interesting idea greetings from Spain

Back