Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Women In Blockchain Series, with Naomi Brockwell

Discussion in 'Budget Proposal Discussions' started by NaomiBrockwell, Jul 25, 2018.

1. NaomiBrockwell

NaomiBrockwell New Member

2. Orion

Orion Member

3. NaomiBrockwell

4. NaomiBrockwell

I have been fleshing out your idea of a game show, and might test the series next week in a live show :)
    Obviously not as cool as gunk on the head stakes, but I think it will be a fun series.
    I have taken what @Arthyron said to heart and don't think I'll submit until I have a better chance of it being approved (it would be a lot of dash to lose for me right now), so when I submit I may actually put in a proposal for sponsorship for the quiz show instead. By then I should have a test concept up and running :)
    Let me know your thoughts, and feel free to email me if you have any suggestions! :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. TaoOfSatoshi

TaoOfSatoshi Grizzled Member

Don’t forget, you’re welcome to submit videos for the Dash Decentral series. We would welcome your contributions! :D

6. Smile-Expo

Smile-Expo New Member

Hello everyone, I just registered today on the forum and the first thing I saw was this topic with women in Blokchain. Thank you for her. Just yesterday, I read an article about women in Blokchain.

IT sphere is male-dominated; according to the statistics collected by Pinterest in 2013, they comprise approximately 88%. Researchers think that the reason lies in stereotypes: mainstream movies and series illustrate programmers as guys and all IT companies recall private men’s clubs. What is more, students lack real-life knowledge of IT sphere. They think such work is tedious and implies code digging. That is why girls choose more interesting and creative professions, in their point of view.

You will find even fewer females in cryptocurrency and blockchain industry. As Chain online publication reports, their percent doesn’t surpass 7%. Indeed, founders and top managers at booming projects (Ethereum, Dash, Ripple, and Monero) are male-owned; at any blockchain conference, hackathon or meetup, they appear a vast majority. A sex of a bitcoin’s legendary founder Satoshi Nakamoto remains unknown but he chose a male nickname. Some blockchain enthusiasts are sure that actions should be taken to attract women in the industry.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NaomiBrockwell

Not sure if you saw but I started experimenting with a crypto quiz show format as per your suggestion :) It's been going well! Tonight I film the show live from the litecoin summit and Charlie Lee is a contestant. I'd love to know your thoughts :) . https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt3zZ-N423gW9ZNuVTUUrzA2aTCQr-3L3

8. GrandMasterDash

GrandMasterDash Well-known Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

Sorry for the delay.

I have seen them all and I think you're doing a great job, bringing some well needed fun to this space. Your personality is well suited for this and I encourage you to keep experimenting and tweaking. It will take a while to find what works and doesn't work, so a bit of randomness and adventure is good to have.

I have a slight preference for the real world events. And it's good to see another side to these people beyond their crypto world.

Keep experimenting!

9. Angel Sainz

Angel Sainz New Member

An interesting idea greetings from Spain