• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Withdrawal of Master Node payments?

ANAEDV

Foundation Member
Hi,
I've done a search but couldn't seem to find anything regarding how to withdraw Master Node payments/interest generated @ 20%. I was wondering is it safe to just withdraw the payments/interest so that you’re left with the 1000 DRK balance in the Master Node wallet?
Or do you have to use some sort of control console?
As how does the wallet know which coins it’s sending?
For example, you have a wallet with 1020 DRK which is 21 incoming transactions, 1 for 1000 DRK and 20 for 1 DRK.
When you withdraw the 20 DRK from the wallet how can you prevent it from taking the 20 DRK out of the incoming transaction which was 1000 DRK?
If it does you’ll only have 980 DRK left and the Master Node will go offline due to insufficient funds even though you’d technically still have 1000 DRK but only 980 DRK from one transfer.

Hi,
I've done a search but couldn't seem to find anything regarding how to withdraw Master Node payments/interest generated @ 20%. I was wondering is it safe to just withdraw the payments/interest so that you’re left with the 1000 DRK balance in the Master Node wallet?
Or do you have to use some sort of control console?
As how does the wallet know which coins it’s sending?
For example, you have a wallet with 1020 DRK which is 21 incoming transactions, 1 for 1000 DRK and 20 for 1 DRK.
When you withdraw the 20 DRK from the wallet how can you prevent it from taking the 20 DRK out of the incoming transaction which was 1000 DRK?
If it does you’ll only have 980 DRK left and the Master Node will go offline due to insufficient funds even though you’d technically still have 1000 DRK but only 980 DRK from one transfer.
If you are using a Qt-wallet for masternode maintenance, you can use the "coin control" feature, to select what input to use for the transaction - its very convenient and safe. You only have to make sure that "use DarkSend" is deselected, as DarkSend does not consider coin control selection :smile:

a8ivfZM.png

HPzw2T9.png

npbvugI.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering is it safe to just withdraw the payments/interest so that you’re left with the 1000 DRK balance in the Master Node wallet?
You not certainly require coincontrol as long as you make sure 1000 DRK stay in the wallet. If you create huge transactions, make sure you include fees in your calculation. If your balance is 1021, just send 20.9 DRK out. I'm doing that for weeks now and the 1000-vin never got touched.

Sure that 1000 DASH stay in your wallet or also in the same address? Does the address not change, after sending payment?

The MN payments go to the masternode address, but the wallet automatically locks 1000 Dash outputs (you can also do this yourself with coin control), so if you spend your Dash rewards, even from the same address, your node will be unaffected.

Pablo.

The MN payments go to the masternode address, but the wallet automatically locks 1000 Dash outputs (you can also do this yourself with coin control), so if you spend your Dash rewards, even from the same address, your node will be unaffected.

Pablo.
The 1000 is locked only if you have you masternode.conf which you use to start this certain node...otherwise the 1000 input is not locked so better to use coin controlanyway ;)

If you are using a Qt-wallet for masternode maintenance, you can use the "coin control" feature, to select what input to use for the transaction - its very convenient and safe. You only have to make sure that "use DarkSend" is deselected, as DarkSend does not consider coin control selection :)

Get it, thanks!

Back