• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Why the logical move for Paypal is to integrate Dash

DeepBlue

I do not understand why the CEO of Paypal has not integrated Dash into its service. To me it seems a no brainer. Paypal is focused on online payments and also wants to get more involved with crypto. Yet the cryptocurrencies they have signed are Bitcoin, Lightcoin, Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash? This does not seem to make much sense. Dash far out performs all of these cryptocurrencies in all respects when it comes to payments. Payments is what Dash is all about. We have the lowest fees, the fastest transactions, the simplest user interface the highest security compared to the coins they have signed up. In addition Dash is getting established in countries that need a reliable payment solution e.g in South America and in Asia which would give Paypal instantaneous access to those markets through Dash. TSouth America and Asia are massive growth markets with huge upside potential. Dash is used more than Bitcoin and in fact any other crypto in Venezuela for real world payments - the reason for this is that Dash is a simply the best payment solution.

Dash is most suitable for countries that don't have a stable currency and therefore offers massive growth potential in these countries to offer them a stable and reliable payment network. Dash is a more suitable solution for payments in countries with a weak currency due to instant send and instant re-spend. Dash is also more secure than these other cryptos due to the second tier masternode network and Chainlocks that prevents any possibility of 51% attacks - something that Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin are both vulnerable to.

Therefore I'm confused as to why paypal hasn't considered or taken on Dash? If Paypal wants to be a world class payment provider they would want to choose the best crypto solution for their clients to make payments wouldn't it makes sense to have instant payments with a crypto network that is the most user friendly and secure - which is what Dash is all about. The cryptos that Paypal has enrolled don't come anywhere near the performance of Dash for payments.

In addition, due to Dash's governance system we have not had any contentious hard forks, unlike the other cryptos they have signed up. This is important because each time there is a hard fork the business or exchange would have to adapt to the change after the fork. Dash is therefore a reliable partner for exchanges and payment providers such as paypal.

Does anyone know why Dash has not been considered by Paypal? I'm sure that a multi-billion dollar company such as Paypal must be aware of Dash and if they did their homework properly they would know that Dash is not an anonymity coin. Dash provides privacy which is a positive feature to protect users against being the victims of a crime and also to protect businesses from having their financial information open on the public blockchain. Dash provides essential privacy for financial transactions but not anonymity.

I'm at a loss to understand why Dash has not been signed up by Paypal. It makes so much business sense to have Dash on Paypal. Does anyone here have any insights as to why Dash has not been considered by Paypal?

Last edited:
Reactions: MN1
* Dash is not anywhere in top 10 coins, which impacts the perceived credibility.
* It is not still supported by any other big non-crypto companies (e.g., Square, Robinhood).
* I'm not also sure that they actually well aware of Dash and all its characteristics. Also note that in these big companies, the CEO receives its information from other people, particularly because he doesn't have the time to do it. If Dash becomes big enough then it might catch the CEO attention directly.
* DashPay may be considered as a potential competitor (even though it isn't).

I do not understand why the CEO of Paypal has not integrated Dash into its service.

This is kind of like saying, "I can't understand why Lord Vader didn't help Princess Leia destroy the Death Star instead of imprisoning her."

This is kind of like saying, "I can't understand why Lord Vader didn't help Princess Leia destroy the Death Star instead of imprisoning her."
I agree.
I'm at a loss to understand why Dash has not been signed up by Paypal. It makes so much business sense to have Dash on Paypal. Does anyone here have any insights as to why Dash has not been considered by Paypal?
Maybe they are afraid of the capability Dash has to replace them?

Last edited:
Reactions: MN1
Hi there,
You cannot buy Dash (or any other digital currency) with PayPal on major exchanges like Kraken because of the risk of fraud.
  • PayPal transactions can be easily reversed, while digital currency transactions are very difficult to reverse, creating an opportunity for fraudsters. Therefore, you cannot directly buy Dash with PayPal.
However, you can buy Dash with PayPal using an indirect approach. This involves going through a peer-to-peer bitcoin exchange like Local Bitcoins.

Brand recognition.
They put their own brand on the table (and it creates a risk factor to them). So they expect the partner to be equally recognized (at least in their own industry). This is the reason of careful selection of particular products and what matters to PayPal a lot imo.

Last edited:
Maybe they plan to develop their own blockchain backed payment system, in that case it would be "foolish" to introduce their customers to Dash in that way

Maybe they plan to develop their own blockchain backed payment system, in that case it would be "foolish" to introduce their customers to Dash in that way
Are you a masternode owner? You can get a badge on the Forum by confirming a key.

Back