• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Why should i use Dash instead of Bitcoin?

Kong

Why should i use Dash instead of Bitcoin? I am a gambler... And my country don't even know what bitcoin is....
Directbet.eu and also other sites accept 0 confirmation transactions... They are as fast as Dash transactions, and they can not be falsified by a third party, because of the huge calculate power of the bitcoin network!

PS: The new DASH Wallet is not well made... too many buttons....

For that particular use case you may not care about InstantX, but you should care about privacy. Maybe nobody in your country knows what Bitcoin is, but that could change in the future and the BTC blockchain will be there to tell everyone about your gambling track record. I would much rather bet using Dash and have my data protected from prying eyes.

Why should i use Dash instead of Bitcoin? I am a gambler... And my country don't even know what bitcoin is....
Directbet.eu and also other sites accept 0 confirmation transactions... They are as fast as Dash transactions, and they can not be falsified by a third party, because of the huge calculate power of the bitcoin network!

Hi Kong,

0. You can easily switch from new design to traditional wallet look: Dash-Qt -> Preferences -> Display -> User Interface Theme -> DASH-traditional
1. There were no falsified transactions in Dash network - no danger.
2. In addition to your bets you can simultaneously make one more long-term "bet on DASH". I guess this "bet" is more predictable, controllable and will "win" for you even more money and that is why: "Dash - an assessment of investment potential".
3. Privacy does matter - especially when your bet wins big amount in Crypto. Keep it private, Dash is the best tool and that is why: "Anonymous payments: Dash or Bitcoin+Mixers?"

Last edited by a moderator:

interesting that they are taking 0 confirmed transactions..... lets see how long that lasts next time the btc network forks for a couple of blocks and many of their 'transactions' are rolled back from being on the wrong fork!!

Another reason to use DASH instead of Bitcoin is the denominations. If you are betting in bitcoin you're betting under 1 bitcoin (most likely unless you a rich mofo). For instance. .0005 bitcoin on one bet or something like that. If you use dash you're using whole numbers. 1 Dash, 2 Dash, 3 Dash, 4 Dash 5 Dash 100 Dash. The question to ask yourself is, which one is easier to keep track of? I say DASH. Betting in Bitcoin is cool, but keeping track of all those decimals is a pain in the ass.

Another reason to use DASH instead of Bitcoin is the denominations. If you are betting in bitcoin you're betting under 1 bitcoin (most likely unless you a rich mofo). For instance. .0005 bitcoin on one bet or something like that. If you use dash you're using whole numbers. 1 Dash, 2 Dash, 3 Dash, 4 Dash 5 Dash 100 Dash. The question to ask yourself is, which one is easier to keep track of? I say DASH. Betting in Bitcoin is cool, but keeping track of all those decimals is a pain in the ass.

Don't forget the mandatory 0.0001 btc fee, forget that and you will be stuck in the memory pool caches for days worrying whats happened, don't think its possible to send small amounts anymore without fee.

The dash fee used to be a random and rare .0001 but it seems like its gone mandatory as well.
Oo Weird, I just tried to send 1 micro dash and it will not allow it? 10 microdash charges .1 milli dash for sending as before ..

I dont think this argument holds water... there will be approx 20M DASH... about the same as bitcoin... so right now betting one dollar is 0.25DASH what will the decimal be in a month? 6 months? 1 more year?

I dont think this argument holds water... there will be approx 20M DASH... about the same as bitcoin... so right now betting one dollar is 0.25DASH what will the decimal be in a month? 6 months? 1 more year?
Having that same BTC problem would be nice :)

I believe the argument holds some water in this moment. It certainly could change in the future but with cryptocurrencies who really knows?

*edit* I get it, it's not a strong argument to use, and I totally agree.

Having that same BTC problem would be nice :)

Best case scenario :wink:

Last edited:
I was (am) a supporter of DASH (darkcoin) but since my DASH balance is 0, i took my fanboy glasses of and i can now see why Bitcoin is for the most legal use cases "good enough", like Antonopolous says.... Nobody will try a doublespend attack on a normal buy amount.... and with 0 confirmations, it is as instant as DASH... Bitcoin is also by far the most accepted coin and it is THE coin in exchange for other coins, like the USD is for other currencies.... Bitcoin is the leader.... So, regarding also the higher volatility of DASH, in which sense is DASH better than Bitcoin, if i don't care about anonymity? In my country, lotterie or betting winnings are tax free. I ask this question because DASH wants to get mainstream (in the coin world ;)), but the only real advantage i can see, is if the Darknetmarkets would accept DASH, but they do not.... I have no idea why they do not care about their safety.... but it is like this...

Would like to hear your opinions. And please try to take off your "fanboy" glasses.

Bitcoin lacks legitimate character to reach the average-joe. It works "good enough" – could be argued (long block times at times, incredibly wasteful at 600 million dollars a year for mining electricity costs alone). Speed, efficiency and privacy are legitimate pro's when you take use-case into account. The only reason Bitcoin is getting attention is because there are people with deep pockets putting money into it. A lot of USD. But the tech never changed, it never improved. It is still a chunky fat blockchain with a lot of percent in the hands of a few. One on one with fiat? Nothing changes with Bitcoin.

Choose beyond your views of "good enough" and "first". The coin that gets widely and truly accepted by the people wins. Companies move where their customers move. If Dash can reach a critical mass of users, it has a legitimate use-case that can outgrow the "fanboy" glasses for Bitcoin.

Fungibility.

What happens if those gambled coins become blacklisted? The number of games that regulation-hungry governments want to play are legion, and they're currently compelling more and more BTC<>FIAT organizations to operate in an increasingly intrusive manner. No single coin should be valued lower or greater than another. There should be no risk involved in accepting money. But if the current trend continues (and it will--blockchain analysis is only getting stronger) you may not be able to spend some of your bitcoins, and you could even be tracked down by people claiming you stole them!

Using Dash today is like using Bitcoin 3+ years ago. Sure, those early Bitcoin users could have chosen to make their transactions in FIAT instead of Bitocin, because you could say it was also "good enough" for transferring value between two people. And there sure was plenty of volatility back then, too! But they stuck with it, didn't they?

It boils down to what you believe to be the best thing, and then you making a statement by actually using it despite being in the minority. If it actually is better, then more people will do the same. That's what Bitcoin was then. That's where Dash is now. By using Dash, you are showing to the world that you will accept nothing less than non-fakeable, non-taintable, always-acceptable electronic cash.

I will only add; Although dark markets use Bitcoin right now, there are more busts coming, and we already can see that blockchain analysis is a valuable tool in the hands of law enforcement. Dark markets will eventually have no choice but switch to a more anonymous coin. Dash would be here the obvious first - but not the only one- candidate. The question is: how long will the transition take?

Agree. Whole Dash rather than decimal places is easier to calculate in your head on the fly especially when gambling

Back