• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Why is everyone so quiet? Why is the average user so uninvolved?

@demo > Because something is generated by a protocol, this does not mean that it is not a tax. It is a protocol generated tax.

So, the protocol 'taxes' itself? :rolleyes:

@demo > Because something is generated by a protocol, this does not mean that it is not a tax. It is a protocol generated tax.

So, the protocol 'taxes' itself? :rolleyes:

No the protocol does not taxes itself.

It is written in the protocol, that miners should be taxed 10%. Core team could write anything in the protocol, including the rule that you, Voluntary, should be taxed 50%.

Nobody was asked about the protocol, the core team decided about it. And all of us had just one choice, either accept it and become members of dash, or reject it and leave dash. This is not correct.

Protocols should not give only the accept and the reject choice.

At the begining the core team should put into a vote all initial values of their protocol. And in a second version, all inital decisions of the protocol should also become a subject to vote.

This is can be done by using reflective programming. The protocol should follow the reflective programming principles, and the core team must learn how to write in a reflective way. In computer science, reflection is the ability of a computer program to examine, introspect, and modify its own structure and behavior at runtime.

Where have you been hiding, man? I've missed your wit...
Thanks Tao and your work has been outstanding-this is your big moment man, and whats this about a Tao index ? ;)
I went off grid with some hardcore traveling, chalked off another 2 countries to the list. My internet was so slow it even timed out the internet speed test, lol,.
But you know what, I still managed to update a 4 week behind Dash wallet in 15 minutes, download was between 1-4 meg per minute,impressive to have a full client update on the worst connection I ever had anywhere!

upload_2016-5-25_12-32-10.png

Thanks Tao and your work has been outstanding-this is your big moment man, and whats this about a Tao index ? ;)
I went off grid with some hardcore traveling, chalked off another 2 countries to the list. My internet was so slow it even timed out the internet speed test, lol,.
But you know what, I still managed to update a 4 week behind Dash wallet in 15 minutes, download was between 1-4 meg per minute,impressive to have a full client update on the worst connection I ever had anywhere!

View attachment 2461
Cool man, I wish I had the freedom to just get up and go like you.

Yeah, there is a Tao Index now that I created to keep track of Dash's rise to parity with BTC and beyond. It starts with Dash's marketcap and divides it by Bitcoin's marketcap. The latest Tao Index was .0076, having gone up for four consecutive weeks.

Cool man, I wish I had the freedom to just get up and go like you.

Yeah, there is a Tao Index now that I created to keep track of Dash's rise to parity with BTC and beyond. It starts with Dash's marketcap and divides it by Bitcoin's marketcap. The latest Tao Index was .0076, having gone up for four consecutive weeks.
Yer well 'all good things'...now its time to go back to reality and pay all them bills for having not living in my own country or used it's resources like property and gov taxes etc :rolleyes:
Have you charted the Tao index yet ?

I've been cheating on DASH with Lisk. A few months back I sold a masternode to invest in Lisk. I know, I know, but I had a good vibe on this one :cool: . Today, I've sold enough Lisk to restore the MN I borrowed, plus make a substantial investment in the Waves ICO, and I still have 70% of my original Lisk. This is the first time I've been an investor in the genesis block of a project, so I'm a hodler from here.
Sometimes you have to look around for opportunities and take them when the risk/reward looks favorable.

I'm not much involved cause I'm watching the price of ETH, it's going to mooooooooon

I DO feel, as Fred does, that ETH is an improvement upon BTC, yet I have confidence in ED, that his work is superior.

I'll hitch my wagon to DASH !

...perhaps a different fork, yet the same base.

Best
rc

ETH ain't going to the moon today ! lol
Fascinating to watch the charts...
...SO much I need to learn about all this !
newbie stuff... So much newbie stuff !
Now I guess I need to learn about candlestick charts...
The web must have tutorials on that sort of stuff, right ?
Newbie, newbie, newbie ! lol
Best
rc

Best
rc
Check out Tone Vayes if you want to learn about charts, candlesticks, etc for the stock market, maybe even bitcoin. However trading alt coins is a whole different ball game

Best
rc
Watch the buy/sell volume and the wave formation and direction of the MACD - try a setting of 1 hour for starters but look at the longer term trend such as the 1 day which in the end usually takes precedence-key indicator is the crossover from a rise to a fall or vice versa. Most financial markets have a wave formation over a long enough timeline.For example look at bitcoin 1 day macd, it has changed direction and the 12 hr is going negative(red), usually a sell dump immenient pre-indicator but is it going to turn out like that really ? ...
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitfinex/btcusd

Thank you Elokk and Sub-ether !
I shall run a search for Tone Vayes and try to learn how to interpret MACD and what may influence it's movement.

I am very concerned with the 'halving', and influence of the China collossus.
An imminent DASH mining payout reduction is disconcerting, also.
I like healthy, happy miners !

Best
rc

lol Now I'm buried in the help screens @bitcoinwisdom trying to figger the colors of the lines !
...EMA is an interesting indicator, yet I'm still stuck on what may influence activity...

Did anyone take note of how the crypto exchanges responded when the V-man sold off 25% of his ETH holdings ? Old news, now, I'm sure, but I'd like to know if others observed the result of that news ???

More recently, MSM news declared Oz was dumping seized btc from supposed nefarious activities, yet they would not actually 'dump' it, but slowly turn it over into the marketplace, for sale.
This is/was interesting for any number of different reasons... All of which could affect DASH ???

Last edited:
As advised above, I have reviewed ytoob presentations by Tone Vays and he's quite good... Most definitely a BTC kinda guy. Not much good to say about ETH or it's DAO.
TV does Not have much good to say about the initial exchange I had chosen to use, either, and I am now realizing it's shortcomings. Today I encountered a glitch in the matrix on one coast, yet not the other, which did make things a little more frustrating...
Still, I have donated to The DAO, just because... :)
For more exercises I've gathered some SIA Coin, (SC), and have put in an order for the Synero AMP...

I think :) I may be learning the value of 'trading pairs'... If a specific trading pair is not presented by the exchange, it may lead to a double trade, in which the exchange draws a 2x service fee and BTC garnishes just a bit more trading volume... if I'm correct in my observation of how I am choosing to be separated from my fiat ! lol

I have observed the waves forming in trading volume and hope to ascertain their geographic origins in relationship with the various altcoins... Perhaps that info, stirred into the jambalaya along with bits and pieces from other sources could give some indication of why, and when the market will move ??? :)

In post #71, Hinnomtx has described an adventurous tale ! I don't think I would have been so bold, to sell out of a DASH MN for the LISK offering, yet apparently he did quite well for the risk !
It must require a monumental amount of reading to determine which of the new offerings on the market are worthy of investment !

It's all quite a challenge !
rc

Back