• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Why is everyone so quiet? Why is the average user so uninvolved?

I'm sorry, I maybe wrong, but I'm concluding that a lot of your posts are designed to stir up non issues.

I hope your objectives are sincere.
What are you talking about?
I told you, there is problem in my profile.
I am attacked by eternal javascripts.
I am trying to prove this you , by reporting the bug.
An obvious visible bug that everyone can see, because the javascript lags is not visible to you.

Dash Nation is a community of doers.
I'll take Dash Nation's progress over post counts in forums any day. :D

This is the Dash Forum, devoted to all things DASH, a privacy-centric digital currency. I wonder where can I find that "Dash Nation community" you keep talking about?

I wanted to post a mini-essay about nations, rather nation states, that were throughout the history sent men to kill and to be killed, imposed taxes or sanctions on others, pillaged, ravaged and were forcing their religion by superimposing the religion of others etc. and I also wanted to state that the world of P2P economy has to transcendent the old nation states that are source of so many pains humanity suffers. James Dale Davidson & William Rees-Mogg in their book The Sovereign Individual put it succinctly: "We know what happened to organized religion in the wake of the gunpowder revolution. Technological developments created strong incentives to downsize religious institutions and lower their costs. A similar technological revolution is destined to downsize radically the nation-state early in the new millennium."

Digital currency, such as DASH, encapsulates idea of P2P -- decentralized -- economy, decentralized democracy; it represents the very transcendence of national and state boundaries, it is the embodiment of globalized relations of commerce and information in between individuals i.e. peers. And you want to ram down our collective throats that ridiculous notion of some imaginary "nation" mirroring the very idea that needs to be decentralized? To whom I am paying the taxes in that "nation" of yours so it can have the money to function? Who do we invade next, as your "nation," since now we have funds to create an army? How much does it cost to get the passport of your "nation"?

As you know @TaoOfSatoshi - I admire you and your efforts. You do not ask for a permission. You have been a great ambassador for Dash since the Darkcoin times. But I, as the free individual who dreams of the border-less, nation-less, state-less (funnily enough, I myself am stateless due to the nature of my political asylum) world in which the true power, the true freedom, the true humanity lies in each of us as individuals that are free to go, work, associate, pay, love whomever they want wherever they want, without having to ask for a permission of the state (to travel, to marry, to exchange good and services...) am getting nauseated if someone imposes every single action of every single individual involved with Dash as an achievement of that imaginary "nation" of yours. I do not pledge my allegiance to your fiefdom ("nation"), sorry.

And I am sure a bunch of free individuals all over the world, some of them living in nation states under the tyrannical boots of some other nation states occupying it, feel the same.

You put tireless energy into your efforts and that's commendable. But your efforts, when that endless, nauseating "ramming down our collective throats" of the "nation" you seem to have "founded" are dividing us by a tiny crack here and another tiny crack there. A small wonder they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Your efforts remind me of a great scene in a cute little movie, ONCE AROUND, directed by Lasse Hallstrom. Richard Dreyfuss plays Sam Sharpe, a loudmouth, rich guy with a great heart. He's obnoxious but well-intentioned. Alas, in that scene, after Sam had created a bedlam by just being who he is, always generous and free as they come but inconsiderate and unaware of the harm he's doing, the great Danny Aiello, who played the father of Sam's young wife, forcefully slams his fist on the table and yells, "Stop! Stop it! You are tearing us apart."

No matter the good intentions, if they are dictatorial in nature, not sensitive to the others as they impose their own "ideas," "values" and, "nations" if you wish, are simply counterproductive.

# # # #

Just a day or so ago on Slack:
evan
I think we need to wait on the constitution/nation building effort.
tao
Cool. I agree.
Let's grow a bit first.

@GreyGhost As I've stated before, Dash Nation is simply what I call the Dash community. And it's also the term I use to successfully invite many others to join us.

I'm not forcing anyone else to use this term, nor do I feel they should. You take it more seriously than I do. If I want to call the Dash community "Dash Nation", I'm welcome to, no?

EDIT: An example of Dash Nation community-building efforts:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433982.0

EDIT2: BTW, Dash Nation is a nation without borders, and completely decentralized.

Last edited:
This is the Dash Forum, devoted to all things DASH, a privacy-centric digital currency. I wonder where can I find that "Dash Nation community" you keep talking about?

I wanted to post a mini-essay about nations, rather nation states, that were throughout the history sent men to kill and to be killed, imposed taxes or sanctions on others, pillaged, ravaged and were forcing their religion by superimposing the religion of others etc. and I also wanted to state that the world of P2P economy has to transcendent the old nation states that are source of so many pains humanity suffers. James Dale Davidson & William Rees-Mogg in their book The Sovereign Individual put it succinctly: "We know what happened to organized religion in the wake of the gunpowder revolution. Technological developments created strong incentives to downsize religious institutions and lower their costs. A similar technological revolution is destined to downsize radically the nation-state early in the new millennium."

Digital currency, such as DASH, encapsulates idea of P2P -- decentralized -- economy, decentralized democracy; it represents the very transcendence of national and state boundaries, it is the embodiment of globalized relations of commerce and information in between individuals i.e. peers. And you want to ram down our collective throats that ridiculous notion of some imaginary "nation" mirroring the very idea that needs to be decentralized? To whom I am paying the taxes in that "nation" of yours so it can have the money to function? Who do we invade next, as your "nation," since now we have funds to create an army? How much does it cost to get the passport of your "nation"?

As you know @TaoOfSatoshi - I admire you and your efforts. You do not ask for a permission. You have been a great ambassador for Dash since the Darkcoin times. But I, as the free individual who dreams of the border-less, nation-less, state-less (funnily enough, I myself am stateless due to the nature of my political asylum) world in which the true power, the true freedom, the true humanity lies in each of us as individuals that are free to go, work, associate, pay, love whomever they want wherever they want, without having to ask for a permission of the state (to travel, to marry, to exchange good and services...) am getting nauseated if someone imposes every single action of every single individual involved with Dash as an achievement of that imaginary "nation" of yours. I do not pledge my allegiance to your fiefdom ("nation"), sorry.

And I am sure a bunch of free individuals all over the world, some of them living in nation states under the tyrannical boots of some other nation states occupying it, feel the same.

You put tireless energy into your efforts and that's commendable. But your efforts, when that endless, nauseating "ramming down our collective throats" of the "nation" you seem to have "founded" are dividing us by a tiny crack here and another tiny crack there. A small wonder they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Your efforts remind me of a great scene in a cute little movie, ONCE AROUND, directed by Lasse Hallstrom. Richard Dreyfuss plays Sam Sharpe, a loudmouth, rich guy with a great heart. He's obnoxious but well-intentioned. Alas, in that scene, after Sam had created a bedlam by just being who he is, always generous and free as they come but inconsiderate and unaware of the harm he's doing, the great Danny Aiello, who played the father of Sam's young wife, forcefully slams his fist on the table and yells, "Stop! Stop it! You are tearing us apart."

No matter the good intentions, if they are dictatorial in nature, not sensitive to the others as they impose their own "ideas," "values" and, "nations" if you wish, are simply counterproductive.

# # # #

Just a day or so ago on Slack:
evan
I think we need to wait on the constitution/nation building effort.
tao
Cool. I agree.
Let's grow a bit first.

You confuse the term STATE with the term NATION.

Nation is not necessarily a bad term. it refers to people who have the same customs.
State is not also nesessarily a bad term.
Parliaments or presidensial republics are states, and they are bad ones nowdays.
But Democracy is a also state, and it is a good one, or at least it is a hope it will be when someone succeds to implement such a state.
The absence of a state is a bad thing, because then violence occurs, and we have the jungle law, which nobody wants it except the strong ones.
And of course the nation is the result of the state. Those who live into the same state, sooner or later they inevitably become a nation.
Finally a global state is not necessarily a good thing, and democracy is rather a regional state than a global one. Because you cannot find same customs in Eskimos and Zoulou, so a democracy that includes both Eskimos and Zoulou is rather unsuccesfull in terms of understanding and communication, that is required for a democracy to work properly.

Please try to see the two sides of the coin.
Most of the times there is not pure black or pure white, there is only grey.

Last edited:
Digital currency, such as DASH, encapsulates idea of P2P -- decentralized -- economy, decentralized democracy; it represents the very transcendence of national and state boundaries, it is the embodiment of globalized relations of commerce and information in between individuals i.e. peers. And you want to ram down our collective throats that ridiculous notion of some imaginary "nation" mirroring the very idea that needs to be decentralized? To whom I am paying the taxes in that "nation" of yours so it can have the money to function? Who do we invade next, as your "nation," since now we have funds to create an army?

You pay taxes to democracy of course.
A decentralized democracy, also has taxes. Taxes used to keep its decentralization working.

How much does it cost to get the passport of your "nation"?
It costs about 1000$ , in order to become a masternode owner and receive your voting right.
Dash tends to be a democracy among masternodes owners, but it is obviously not the global democracy you dream about.

And I wonder, have you ever complained about that?
If no, is it maybe because you are also a masternode owner yourself?
Isnt this an hypocrisy?

Last edited:
It costs about 1000$ , in order to become a masternode owner and receive your voting right.
Well, I think that meaby if you get another account demo3 or demo4 you'll realise that with 1000$ you can only sniff a vote ;p

Trolling time sound to like the incomming dash uptrend for me.

edit: yes yes we are at 0,0154 already ;)

Last edited:
@GreyGhost you might be reading way too much into the term. "DASH Nation" is no more of a "nation" than "Red Sox Nation". There are no taxes, there is no president, there is no army, there are no borders, there is no official membership. It's just a term for people who use DASH or people who are interested in/excited about the project, just like Red Sox Nation is just a term for Red Sox fans. IMO, using the term helps people feel like they are welcome and that they are part of a movement. That's really all it is...

@GreyGhost you might be reading way too much into the term. "DASH Nation" is no more of a "nation" than "Red Sox Nation". There are no taxes, there is no president, there is no army, there are no borders, there is no official membership. It's just a term for people who use DASH or people who are interested in/excited about the project, just like Red Sox Nation is just a term for Red Sox fans. IMO, using the term helps people feel like they are welcome and that they are part of a movement. That's really all it is...

The budget system is taxes. Evan is the president, there is no democracy.

The budget system is taxes. Evan is the president, there is no democracy.

The budget system is run by the Masternodes, and yes the development team is lead by Evan, neither of which has to do with what I was talking about which was the "DASH nation" term...

The budget system is run by the Masternodes, and yes the development team is lead by Evan, neither of which has to do with what I was talking about which was the "DASH nation" term...

The budget system is imposed to the masternodes by Evan and the core development team. The budget system is not voted or accepted by masternodes in any vote, is it? Also the percentage 10% of the taxes in the budget system, is also imposed, as long as the masternodes never voted with numbers for this percentage. Because voting with numbers is prohibited to masternodes.

The budget system is imposed to the masternodes by Evan and the core development team. Budget system is not voted or accepted by masternodes in any vote, is it? Also the percentage 10%, is also imposed, as long as masternodes never voted with number in this percentage, because voting with numbers is prohibited.

I'm not here to argue that. You are talking about the project governance again. It has nohing to do with my point about "DASH Nation"

I'm not here to argue that. You are talking about the project governance again. It has nohing to do with my point about "DASH Nation"

The nation is always the result of a state, and a state always needs governance.
You cannot refer to a nation, whithout taking into account how this nation is formed, under what state and what governance. If you do, you watch only the half side of the coin.

The nation is always the result of a state, and a state always needs governance.
You cannot refer to a nation, whithout taking into account how this nation is formed, under what state and what governance. If you do, you watch only the half side of the coin.

I will answer you when you explain how Red Sox Nation (aka Red Sox fans, NOT the team/ownership) is the result of a state and is under a particular governance structure. It's not.

I will answer you when you explain how Red Sox Nation (aka Red Sox fans, NOT the team/ownership) is the result of a state and is under a particular governance structure. It's not.

Red Sox Nation is not a real Nation. It is that simple.
They dont have common custom. They have just a common hobby.

Last edited:
And neither is DASH Nation. QED

Yes of course dash is not a nation too. Until now of course.
Dash is not a state, so how can it be a nation?
As we already said it, the nation is the result of a state.
But of course nation differs from the state because the nation may survive after the state's destruction.

As usual, it feels like you are eerily inside my head :eek:. Red Sox Nation, along with Free State Project, are my main influences for starting the Dash Nation campaign.

People have been very receptive to it, as its creating the beginnings of an ideological movement, rather than just asking people to use Dash based on technical merits.

But it's not for everyone, I realize that. I'm not asking for a formal vote on what to call ourselves, and I never will :) ...we are all Dash.

I would disagree, TroyDASH.
I have come here to learn about DASH, reading language written in my native tongue, which has specific meaning to impart the concepts represented.
The unpalatable option would be to review code.
@GreyGhost has made an astute objection, and apparently EvanDuffield concurs.
Mis-appropriation of the 'DASH' name, used with the modifier 'Nation' could incur decisive action by nation states which would be detrimental to the DASH concept of P2P.
IMO, it must be stopped. It should never have been allowed.

I go to Jimmy Wales for definition... This effort is bai mu... bai lan... xiao bai...

I do not go quietly away in the night.
rc

I would disagree, TroyDASH.
I have come here to learn about DASH, reading language written in my native tongue, which has specific meaning to impart the concepts represented.
The unpalatable option would be to review code.
@GreyGhost has made an astute objection, and apparently EvanDuffield concurs.
Mis-appropriation of the 'DASH' name, used with the modifier 'Nation' could incur decisive action by nation states which would be detrimental to the DASH concept of P2P.
IMO, it must be stopped. It should never have been allowed.

The idea of the terminology inviting action by actual nation-states might be a valid point. We all know that "DASH Nation" is not referring to an actual nation, but there is the possibility for misconception especially if DASH actually gains ground in its long term goal. I definitely don't see it as an immediate problem anywhere in the short term though, and the concept of it being "allowed" isn't really applicable since it hasn't been endorsed by the development team and nothing has been funded under that name from the blockchain. If anyone can think of a better terminology I'm all ears, but "Dash Nation" I think works just about as well as Red Sox Nation does, which is pretty good.

Back