• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Why Dash will not be in the top 10?

Do you think that Dash should become a platform rather than just cash?

• Yes: Smart contracts

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Yes: Side Chains

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Yes: Just sub tokens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No: Dash is just cash

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters
Yocko,

Bitcoin does have similar functionalities to the ones you mentioned above, some of which could scale better than the bigger blocks (but that is another discussion)

Instant transactions - https://lightning.network/
Private transactions - https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/guides/what-is-mimblewimble/
Sub cent fees
Tech support
A growing node network (not shrinking) - https://lnmainnet.gaben.win/
And an evolution roadmap -

My point here is to raise awareness not about the next hill, but the mountain which comes soon after. I think Dash Core are tackling the upcoming challenges quite well through their Business development and Evolution Development (Although the lack of a schedule is worrying). After the hill there is a mountain, we need to talk about that today so we are better ready for it. That mountain as I see it will be twofold, one the one hand bitcoin and on the other the regulators.

Dash's USP needs to evolve if Bitcoins USP is going to become more interesting.
Only so much can be done at a time, I don't know your background so forgive me if I'm stating the obvious to you but development takes a long time and is very very difficult to speed up.
DASH core are a team of over 60 now and working hard on the current goal. Once this goal has been achieved I cannot see them just stopping work, they will for sure be doing the next step of integration for DASH.
Take a look at all the features and roadmap, do you really believe the DASH team will stalemate?

IMO smart contract cryptos are a different category to digital cash. I strongly believe websites like coinmarketcap.com should be separating the categories. At the moment people are confused thinking its all the same technology, it is not.

Only so much can be done at a time, I don't know your background so forgive me if I'm stating the obvious to you but development takes a long time and is very very difficult to speed up.
DASH core are a team of over 60 now and working hard on the current goal. Once this goal has been achieved I cannot see them just stopping work, they will for sure be doing the next step of integration for DASH.
Take a look at all the features and roadmap, do you really believe the DASH team will stalemate?

IMO smart contract cryptos are a different category to digital cash. I strongly believe websites like coinmarketcap.com should be separating the categories. At the moment people are confused thinking its all the same technology, it is not.

I agree wholeheartedly with your post. Are you aware of a filter button on coinmarketcap "filter non-mineable"? You click on the "coins" tab, and then the "filter non-mineable." Joel V. christened it the "shitcoin" filter. That is perhaps overstating the case a little bit. But it suddenly jumps Dash up to the number 5 spot on CMC. And when you think about it, Bitcoin (#1), Bitcoin Cash (#3) and Litecoin (#4) are effectively all the same thing compared to Dash. In a sense, the list should really read:

1. Bitcoin, etc
2. Ethereum (very different use case)
3. Dash

And we will eclipse Bitcoin.

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly with your post. Are you aware of a filter button on coinmarketcap "filter non-mineable"? You click on the "coins" tab, and then the "filter non-mineable. Joel V. christened it the "shitcoin" filter. That is perhaps overstating the case a little bit. But it suddenly jumps Dash up to the number 5 spot on CMC. And when you think about it, Bitcoin (#1), Bitcoin Cash (#3) and Litecoin (#4) are effectively all the same thing compared to Dash. In a sense, the list should really read:

1. Bitcoin, etc
2. Ethereum (very different use case)
3. Dash

And we will eclipse Bitcoin.
Yes I'm aware of the shitcoin filter however I would like to see a total separation of technology by default. They could be on the same page just under seperate headings so people can be educated about the different technologies.
This whole space is so new that its all called cryptocurrency.
We are getting a lot of flack atm from newbies who don't understand the difference. This could be easily fixed by a simple catagory system on the coincap websites.

Yes I'm aware of the shitcoin filter however I would like to see a total separation of technology by default. They could be on the same page just under seperate headings so people can be educated about the different technologies.
This whole space is so new that its all called cryptocurrency.
We are getting a lot of flack atm from newbies who don't understand the difference. This could be easily fixed by a simple catagory system on the coincap websites.

There is a proposal in the works to make a Dash branded alternative to CoinMarketCap. Bigger, better, more features, etc. Here is the pre-proposal discussion:

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...d-dash-as-the-sole-sponsor.25292/#post-161679

I am playing a modest role in that effort. Israel (dash.org user ICJR) is the dev/shaker/mover for that proposal. He is/will be actively soliciting the Dash community for improving the feature set for this product. Could you describe, very technically and specifically what filter categories you're thinking of that would accomplish what you are describing?

Ultimately, the more use cases and better underlying fundamental technology that the Dash developers bring to the table the better its chances of long term survival are because it can't rely on a first mover advantage like bitcoin, it has to offer more. Use cases come in many different fashions from added features to scalability. Wait and hope for the best.

one thing is really easy to do, lets fund sidechains like RSK , while the core is busy with evo , let others do this and see what can be done , i absolutely don't see an issue with that

And one very important thing people need to understand is this ., market cap counts and by a lot. with the price at 800 the dash treasury is worth 5 mil, if the price goes to 4000 , the treasury will be 25 million, you can do wonders with that sort of money.

And one very important thing people need to understand is this ., market cap counts and by a lot. with the price at 800 the dash treasury is worth 5 mil, if the price goes to 4000 , the treasury will be 25 million, you can do wonders with that sort of money.

A biased question, but what do the Dash community feel about the valuation of Dash vs. all the others? It's in 12th. position and on the defensive at the moment. I don't understand why because I feel Dash has so much going for it and such talented and great team members. Maybe Dash needs to get louder, "brag" a little more, fans be more active on social media and forums? Or do we need for all the shitcoins to get out of the way? In groups there's so much shilling of all kinds of strange coins. Everybodys looking to get Rich quick and few talk about the vision long term.

A biased question, but what do the Dash community feel about the valuation of Dash vs. all the others? It's in 12th. position and on the defensive at the moment. I don't understand why because I feel Dash has so much going for it and such talented and great team members. Maybe Dash needs to get louder, "brag" a little more, fans be more active on social media and forums? Or do we need for all the shitcoins to get out of the way? In groups there's so much shilling of all kinds of strange coins. Everybodys looking to get Rich quick and few talk about the vision long term.
When I came to DASH at $3. A coin it was very hard to find on coin market cap rating. Since then we have come a very very long way so I feel great about our position.
The whole coin cap ranking is wrong in my opinion anyway and I will explain why.
You have a lot of fully pre-mined coins on these rankings that make a a market cap falsely.
If i print 1billion shitcoin and sell 5 of those for $1. Each I get a coin market cap of 1billion dollars.
If I where to sell the full billion coins (if possible) the market cap would be much much lower.

Now DASH has slowly and naturally grown, for every coin there is an input of work (mining) or and a sale for real money bring it to where it is today.
This gives DASH a lower but a more true value.

Coin market cap has been fudged badly and the reference websites should really separate these categories.

OH...hey, how did we let Icebreaker aka Dash News Network on here? Can the mods please block Icey from here please?

OH...hey, how did we let Icebreaker aka Dash News Network on here? Can the mods please block Icey from here please?
Nah, haters and FUDers keep us even more motivated than we originally are since the very beginning of Dash/Darkcoin, without them we wouldn't succeed :p :D

.....well, now that I know that dirt bag is here, I'll make sure to track him down and mark him as "Troll" in here.

reasonable

By "reasonable" you mean Dash News Network's post is full of mis-information and FUD that has been refuted 139 times?

And doesn't it strike you as odd that he or she picks a screen name that implies some kind of important and/or official role in the Dash ecosystem, when no such role exists for this person?

Obviously, @gakikama was acknowledging as "reasonable" the blatantly sarcastic content of my post. Why is it so hard for you to recognize the factual basis for that sarcasm?

It is because you can't refute directly refute the facts, and must instead deflect by shooting the messenger and once again abusing the shopworn old "FUD" label?

FACT: Evolution is more than two years late with nothing to show for the money spent

FACT: Dash transaction fees are 100X higher than XLM

FACT: Dash is the widely despised laughingstock of /r/cryptocurrency because of its Instamine, centralization, and thin-skinned over-defensive cult-like community

You can't refute these facts. It is "reasonable" to acknowledge them.

Babbling about my lack of an "important and/or official role in the Dash ecosystem" is simply signaling your tribalism and attempting to induce a pile-on from your fellow cargo cultist True Believers. Besides, Dash is supposedly decentralized, so why would I need an "official role" to have a valid voice?

Whatever dude. Every single one of these points has been refuted repeatedly. Even if I refute them again here and now, you never acknowledge that you were wrong, so what's the point. Trolls are never swayed by facts. But let's just prove it one more time.

Fact: the 12.2.3 upgrade contains significant parts of the Evolution system. The larger roll out was always going to be summer of 2018.

Fact: The median Dash transaction fee has dropped from 8 or 10 cents at it's very peak, to less than a cent.

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/dash-median_transaction_fee.html#3m

Fact: Stellar lumens is a very different product than Dash. First of all, it's not mineable and is tremendously centralized. They made 100 Billion all up front and kept a huge percentage of it, which they dole out in various ways. So, you just have to trust the team that they will manage and distribute that huge enormous pile of Stellar Lumens to keep the SL ecosystem healthy. Sounds a lot like the legacy banking system doesn't it? The transaction cost for SL is irrelevant. The transaction cost of me paying for a burger with a ten dollar bill appears to be zero, but you have to accept and trust the legacy banking system to get that "low" transaction cost. No thanks.

Fact: r/cryptocurrency is irrelevant. I don't make my financial plans based on if a certain group likes me or not. I'm more interested in the 99.99% of the people in the world that have never heard of Dash than r/cryptocurrency. Dash is not centralized. We have been over this before. There are thousands of masternodes all over the world, and there is no central authority who decides if you're allowed to be a masternode or not. That would be centralized. Now, Stellar Lumens, that's centralized.

And I notice that failed to explain your very misleading screen name.

But again, you are demonstrably a troll, and you will not be swayed by my acknowledging and refuting your points yet again. As surely as the sun sets in the west and rises in the east.

FACT: Dash is the widely despised laughingstock of /r/cryptocurrency because of its Instamine, centralization, and thin-skinned over-defensive cult-like community

I'ts actually kind of amusing to me that you think people's opinions of dash on /r/cryptocurrency are "reasonable" to acknowledge.

The "fact" that /r/cryptocurrency has a general opinion on Dash doesn't mean anything. At least your first 2 Facts could actually matter (if they were true).

Back