• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

why are we so obsessed about US , when crypto only works in developing countries

The USA faces it's own form of oppressive government. While the currency hasn't seen the collapse, debasement of it is still occurring. The regulator environment is exceptionally anti-productive-person.

It's not the same set of problems,. but it's every bit as bad.

The difference is that even the homeless people here have smart phones and internet access. Everyone is connected and able to communicate.

Think if all the people in a bad situation in Venezuela became 10x dumber, and held total control of a militant government several orders of magnitude larger, more technological, and filled with hate for anyone with more than two pennies to rub together... That's the USA right now.

The USA has much higher heights from which to fall, and a population of retards hell-bent on making it happen... The fraction of the population who doesn't lake that idea is much larger than the total population of Venezuela, Mexico, etc... Put together.

We have a lot to lose, a lot to talk about, and the means to do it.

There just aren't that many people from Guatemala signing up on DASH.org

Does that make those who do sign up "obsessed?"

If you want more people from African, South/Central America to get involved; get them involved. Nobody here (USA or DASH forum) is stopping them. It's just reality.

Don't make excuses why it's someone's fault. That's not only unbecoming, but, since it's a lie, it doesn't help anyone or fix any problems.

Referring to those who are willing to take action as "self obsessed" while others can't be asked to take action...

Actions and in-actions both come with consequences. Own it. Then do something about it.

What I was trying to convey is 2 weeks ago DASH was at $750, now its sitting at $1500. $1 = R14 this side. 1 dash= $1500 = R21 000 and with R21 000 I can pay rent for 3 months, not many people understand that you can buy 0.001 DASH. There is need for activations and promotions this side. For people this side its about being able to access a financial platform you can perform transactions and store your wealth. Send money home, protect yourself from volatile currency exchange rates etc.
Sounds like you've got it figured out. Tell your people.

"Somebody should do something!"

You're somebody.

Do something.

Don't sit around expecting someone else to do it for you and complain/blame when the most able person, you, does nothing...

I totally agree with this post the vast majority of MNO do prefer US proposals, which makes it very difficult to get support from the community if one is making a proposal coming from the developing world.I believe seperating the two would serve the community well and bring good proposals from the developing world into the limelight.
You have the same access to the forum as everyone else.

Tell us all about your great ideas, and the experience you have in taking action to make them happen.

If you care as much as you claim, you'd be taking zero-cost actions already. Simply telling people you meet on a daily basis. Answering questions, etc. If you're not doing even that little bit, why should you get funding for anything?

The USA faces it's own form of oppressive government. While the currency hasn't seen the collapse, debasement of it is still occurring. The regulator environment is exceptionally anti-productive-person.

The difference is that even the homeless people here have smart phones and internet access. Everyone is connected and able to communicate.

Think if all the people in a bad situation in Venezuela became 10x dumber, and held total control of a militant government several orders of magnitude larger, more technological, and filled with hate for anyone with more than two pennies to rub together... That's the USA right now.

The USA has much higher heights from which to fall, and a population of retards hell-bent on making it happen... The fraction of the population who doesn't lake that idea is much larger than the total population of Venezuela, Mexico, etc... Put together.

If you want more people from African, South/Central America to get involved; get them involved. Nobody here (USA or DASH forum) is stopping them. It's just reality.

Don't make excuses why it's someone's fault. That's not only unbecoming, but, since it's a lie, it doesn't help anyone or fix any problems.

Referring to those who are willing to take action as "self obsessed" while others can't be asked to take action...

Actions and in-actions both come with consequences. Own it. Then do something about it.
Totally agree. Planning on doing activations, meet-ups, radio and Tv promotions next year, while also having 20+ Dash branded cyclists compete in all the major cycling marathons in South Africa. Our pre-proposal is called Dash cycling Africa. https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-cycling-africa.20142/

This is exactly wrong. Dash needs rich people FIRST because we don't have a central bank. Only rich people can provide liquidity, buying Dash when the price is crashing and selling when the price is so high it is inaccessible to these third worlders. Successful traders and investors provide liquidity, and with so much Dash tied up in Masternodes and as a store of value, liquidity is what is needed to reduce volatility. Dash cannot be a useful currency with the volatility we have now, so we need good traders to eat that liquidity by buying low and selling high.

This is exactly wrong. Dash needs rich people FIRST because we don't have a central bank. Only rich people can provide liquidity, buying Dash when the price is crashing and selling when the price is so high it is inaccessible to these third worlders. Successful traders and investors provide liquidity, and with so much Dash tied up in Masternodes and as a store of value, liquidity is what is needed to reduce volatility. Dash cannot be a useful currency with the volatility we have now, so we need good traders to eat that liquidity by buying low and selling high.
I think even "poor" people understand how to buy low and sell high. And for your information Africa also has rich people we all don't live rural areas. There is a market in Africa for Dash. What Dash provides is a stable currency to store wealth and access to affordable money transfer. I guess you proved this post correct that most people outside only know Africa from movies and short clips on the news. imagine all those poor people being able to invest in a currency that grows their investment. Not having to rely on the usually wishful thinking that their governments will make the right decision.

Last edited:
Crypto Heat Maps: Most Pop by Country.. .
Global-Crypto-Heat-Map-snapshot-DASH.png

https://www.inverse.com/article/39125-where-is-bitcoin-popular-maps-reveal-areas-with-the-most-buzz-on-twitter?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=culture&utm_campaign=photo
Thanks for sharing that image, though I think most of us in the community are trying

Tell us all about your great ideas, and the experience you have in taking action to make them happen.

If you care as much as you claim, you'd be taking zero-cost actions already. Simply telling people you meet on a daily basis. Answering questions, etc. If you're not doing even that little bit, why should you get funding for

If you care as much as you claim, you'd be taking zero-cost actions already. Simply telling people you meet on a daily basis. Answering questions, etc. If you're not doing even that little bit, why should you get funding for anything?
Good Day
All the points you raised are valid, as for myself I try to play a active role in bringing Dash to my people, I educate people on the benefits of using Dash and hey even have a Dash t-shirt and you be quite surprised by the intriguing it brings, south africans really want to know about Dash. Added to that I written a pre proposal please go through it explains what we are trying to do, to make Dash mainstream in South Africa.Please give feedback would be highly appreciated
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...ard-and-dash-branches-for-south-africa.21819/

you have no idea how bad things are in developing countries man, USA is heaven for most of these folks , thats why there is constant in ward migration.

we dont have to burn our heads over this , the bitcoin adoption index doesnt rank US in the top , countries like argentina , venezuela , india are at the top.

The point is very very very simple , crypto adoption will first happen in developing countries , its really that simple

ok heres' the deal. Investors come from the developed world , Users come from the developing world. we need them both. Personally i think users are more important , if we don't want to be bitcoin core -aka store of value.

Last edited:
2018 is an election year here in Mexico. Many people are expecting the Mexican peso to crash. In the last few weeks, the volumes in the biggest Mexican BTC exchange have skyrocket driving the platform down a couple times.

I think even "poor" people understand how to buy low and sell high. And for your information Africa also has rich people we all don't live rural areas. There is a market in Africa for Dash. What Dash provides is a stable currency to store wealth and access to affordable money transfer. I guess you proved this post correct that most people outside only know Africa from movies and short clips on the news. imagine all those poor people being able to invest in a currency that grows their investment. Not having to rely on the usually wishful thinking that their governments will make the right decision.

If you think Dash is currently a stable currency, then you have a very different definition of "stable" than I do. Maybe compared to Zimbabwe dollars, it's stable, but selling anything for dash now requires constant adjustment of prices. As for Dash as an investment opportunity, I've been in crypto since 2011 and I've seen bear markets last three years, so I just wouldn't want anyone who can't afford to ride one out lose money, especially if they have very little disposable income. I would love to see adoption of Dash grow in Africa and I do think it's a fantastic long term investment opportunity, but we have to do better with this volatility. Usable currencies do not swing 25% in a day against the U.S. Dollar.

If you think Dash is currently a stable currency, then you have a very different definition of "stable" than I do. Maybe compared to Zimbabwe dollars, it's stable, but selling anything for dash now requires constant adjustment of prices. As for Dash as an investment opportunity, I've been in crypto since 2011 and I've seen bear markets last three years, so I just wouldn't want anyone who can't afford to ride one out lose money, especially if they have very little disposable income. I would love to see adoption of Dash grow in Africa and I do think it's a fantastic long term investment opportunity, but we have to do better with this volatility. Usable currencies do not swing 25% in a day against the U.S. Dollar.
Let me just say i grew up in Zimbabwe, i literally saw peoples whole savings go from being worth millions of dollars to not being enough to even buy one loaf of bread. Yes between developed and developing we do have a different understanding of stable. Are Dash and crypto currencies volatile in nature yes, but so is the stock exchange. Is DASH worth something and at the moment a better investment opportunity...yes. I dont understand why its a fantastic investment opportunity but not for AFRICA? Why? When Bitcion was affordable is was too risky for Africans but now that its way out budget its literally being forced down us, you can't open a webpage with out seeing it, its on your insta, FB, everywhere. I don't understand your stand on this, why would this amazing investment opportunity not be for Africa. I believe we all earn our money and should be allowed the freedom to choose what we do with our money, why block or prevent others access.

I am surprised to know there is an entire market which is trading in Dash.... I dont think US has it.

No, of course not.
We should target anyone that would be interested in Dash.
I don't see that we've discriminated against any market, as long as there are good proposals.

I would think there ought to be a bias towards certain nations that have a number of things stacked against them and where the potential for uptake for crypto is higher than 'developed/first world' countries.

we are probably not discriminated , but we are heavily attracted to US based themes and are more generous and trusting towards US based proposals.

we should support potentially risky sounding proposals that target the developing countries because the infrastructure is not well built like in US, whether its supporting exchanges (https://www.dashcentral.org/p/gc-colibit) or bringing millions of users like in this proposal ( https://www.dashcentral.org/p/International-mass-marketing-using-sms )

in the US we have luxury of having great exchanges like coinbase which give out $10 for sign up etc which is not the case in other countries

I am in agreement with the statement you made "the infrastructure is not well built like in US", however, I think as someone from Africa who has seen the devastation that donor funding has done to the mentality of her people, I think there ought to be some level of merit in projects.

it is absolutely beyond doubt that cryptocurrencies will not take off in United status which has the strongest currency in the world.

Cryptocurrencies are primarily suitable for places where currencies are weak , failing states etc. places like venezuela and zimbabwe.

it doesnt matter how many PR campaigns we launch in US , people will not use dash to pay for coffee , atleast not in the foreseeable future

Thoughts ??

Square just got their NY Bit License, all bets are off now, #1 merchant solution dedicated to mom and pop shops.
Only a matter of time until small merchant adoption of crypto, that is what has been needed. I don't know how
many projects there are out there like Alt36, but adoption is being driven on multiple fronts here in the US now.

Back