Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

why are we so obsessed about US , when crypto only works in developing countries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dashmaximalist, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Dashmaximalist

Dashmaximalist Active Member

2. billyjoeallen

billyjoeallen Member

If you think Dash is currently a stable currency, then you have a very different definition of "stable" than I do. Maybe compared to Zimbabwe dollars, it's stable, but selling anything for dash now requires constant adjustment of prices. As for Dash as an investment opportunity, I've been in crypto since 2011 and I've seen bear markets last three years, so I just wouldn't want anyone who can't afford to ride one out lose money, especially if they have very little disposable income. I would love to see adoption of Dash grow in Africa and I do think it's a fantastic long term investment opportunity, but we have to do better with this volatility. Usable currencies do not swing 25% in a day against the U.S. Dollar.

3. Isobel Chaura

Isobel Chaura Member

Let me just say i grew up in Zimbabwe, i literally saw peoples whole savings go from being worth millions of dollars to not being enough to even buy one loaf of bread. Yes between developed and developing we do have a different understanding of stable. Are Dash and crypto currencies volatile in nature yes, but so is the stock exchange. Is DASH worth something and at the moment a better investment opportunity...yes. I dont understand why its a fantastic investment opportunity but not for AFRICA? Why? When Bitcion was affordable is was too risky for Africans but now that its way out budget its literally being forced down us, you can't open a webpage with out seeing it, its on your insta, FB, everywhere. I don't understand your stand on this, why would this amazing investment opportunity not be for Africa. I believe we all earn our money and should be allowed the freedom to choose what we do with our money, why block or prevent others access.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MK Ghandi

MK Ghandi New Member

I am surprised to know there is an entire market which is trading in Dash.... I dont think US has it.

5. MrWilliamChui

MrWilliamChui Member

I would think there ought to be a bias towards certain nations that have a number of things stacked against them and where the potential for uptake for crypto is higher than 'developed/first world' countries.

6. MrWilliamChui

MrWilliamChui Member

I am in agreement with the statement you made "the infrastructure is not well built like in US", however, I think as someone from Africa who has seen the devastation that donor funding has done to the mentality of her people, I think there ought to be some level of merit in projects.

7. AgnewPickens

AgnewPickens Moderator

Square just got their NY Bit License, all bets are off now, #1 merchant solution dedicated to mom and pop shops.
    Only a matter of time until small merchant adoption of crypto, that is what has been needed. I don't know how
    many projects there are out there like Alt36, but adoption is being driven on multiple fronts here in the US now.

• Like Like x 1