• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Who Wants Pizza?

oaxaca

Foundation Member
To quote from Animal House:
"I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!"

Over at the slack, there was much discussion of the sudden price rise. One thing led to another and now we have the following budget proposal. Free Pizza for every student at Arizona State on March 30 which happens to be the day of the Dash open house. Think of the publicity, think of the goodwill, think of the food fights.

gobject vote-many e64bf717855282d217a7593a9d9d617780009bd53f38d2d98d85d609dece7557 funding yes

1kjsat.jpg

Why not?
If this happens it could generate press especially with comparison to the Bitcoin pizza (and out-doing it). Will generate buzz at ASU, everybody likes pizza. Focusing on the dash open house. We've got space in the budget for it, sure :) maybe now is an opportune time for a little crazy

I like it. I would not normally want to spend that amount of money in a gesture like this. But:

-There are no competing proposals
-It can be good PR stunt
-It will make us known to all the campus

Of course, @oaxaca will need to work a lot to make a plan, but there is one month ahead. I trust he can pull it off.

As long as it gets good publicity, this is the kind of crazy thing that could really be good for Dash. Not only does it give the students a warm feeling toward Dash, the publicity could spread the word much further.

The Pizza link with the legendary Bitcoin Pizza is added poetry which some of the media may pick up on or be guided toward.

As long as it gets good publicity, this is the kind of crazy thing that could really be good for Dash. Not only does it give the students a warm feeling toward Dash, the publicity could spread the word much further.

The Pizza link with the legendary Bitcoin Pizza is added poetry which some of the media may pick up on or be guided toward.

Absolutely agree. I have thought about making a proposal detailing a plan to utilize skysongs storefronts. I feel it could be used as a great test facility for both new technologies (pos systems, wallets, atm's) and community outreach showing that anyone can utilize dash with ease. The possibilities are endless.

Back