• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What Do MNOs Look For When Voting?

When what is drawing up a proposal what are the key elements that they need to touch on that will help an MNO make a better decision to cast a vote?

Things I can think of are:
1. How much funding does this project need?
2. When do they need this money?

Items I don't seem to see emphasis on are things like:
1. Cost of user acquisition?
2. Possible ROI
3. What will the project do going forward not to keep them coming back to the DAO?

I haven't fully dissected @DashNexus but I'm hopeful that a structured format will aid in bringing out these key elements.

A key determining factor is % completion. How much work has already been done? How much skin does the proposer already have in the game? Investors would rather buy products than promises.

A key determining factor is % completion. How much work has already been done? How much skin does the proposer already have in the game? Investors would rather buy products than promises.
Though this is the Utopian reason, I fear that there may be other factors (based on my research on this Forum) and seeing what projects get funded.

@MrWilliamChui -- A lot of what the MNOs are looking for historically has depended upon what the perceived needs of Dash as a greater DAO are, what Dash Core Group is working on on our behalf, what the relative price of Dash is at, how large our treasury is, what other proposals or carry-over/multi-month proposals will need continued funding from previous cycles, like @Red said how far along the realization of a proposal is, of course the ROI (though this is difficult to measure in some cases, or varies depending upon what the project intends to or is capable of delivering), how engaged the proposal owner(s) is/are with the community, how well they receive and adapt to feedback, what kinds of opportunities the proposal opens up for further enrichment or enhancement of the network, the reputation or history of the proposal owners and their perceived ability and likelihood of being able to carry out their proposal, how popular the proposal is with other MNOs, really just a ton of factors.

Because almost anything *could* be funded by the DAO, we have to be ready to assess the merits of every project individually, and once we've done that, weigh them against each other in how the budget is allocated. Not every MNO follows that same process or cares about the same things or uses the same algorithms, but those are just the factors that I've observed holding the most sway over voting over the years.

One of the projects we funded, Dash Watch ( https://dashwatch.org/ ) has done a fantastic job helping not only to vet the veracity of proposals and proposal owners, but to help us determine their value to the network. One of their initiatives lately has been to work with the proposal owners to define what each proposal's metrics of success look like in more objective or quantifiable ways, in order for us to determine whether or not their project is something it would be reasonable/beneficial not only to fund, but in the case of multi-month proposals continue to fund. This too, as I understand it, will be built in to the Nexus platform as well, as DashWatch has been working closely with the Nexus developers.

@MrWilliamChui -- A lot of what the MNOs are looking for historically has depended upon what the perceived needs of Dash as a greater DAO are, what Dash Core Group is working on on our behalf, what the relative price of Dash is at, how large our treasury is, what other proposals or carry-over/multi-month proposals will need continued funding from previous cycles, like @Red said how far along the realization of a proposal is, of course the ROI (though this is difficult to measure in some cases, or varies depending upon what the project intends to or is capable of delivering), how engaged the proposal owner(s) is/are with the community, how well they receive and adapt to feedback, what kinds of opportunities the proposal opens up for further enrichment or enhancement of the network, the reputation or history of the proposal owners and their perceived ability and likelihood of being able to carry out their proposal, how popular the proposal is with other MNOs, really just a ton of factors.

Because almost anything *could* be funded by the DAO, we have to be ready to assess the merits of every project individually, and once we've done that, weigh them against each other in how the budget is allocated. Not every MNO follows that same process or cares about the same things or uses the same algorithms, but those are just the factors that I've observed holding the most sway over voting over the years.

One of the projects we funded, Dash Watch ( https://dashwatch.org/ ) has done a fantastic job helping not only to vet the veracity of proposals and proposal owners, but to help us determine their value to the network. One of their initiatives lately has been to work with the proposal owners to define what each proposal's metrics of success look like in more objective or quantifiable ways, in order for us to determine whether or not their project is something it would be reasonable/beneficial not only to fund, but in the case of multi-month proposals continue to fund. This too, as I understand it, will be built in to the Nexus platform as well, as DashWatch has been working closely with the Nexus developers.

Thanks for the detailed response. I just want to find out if Dash is at a place where the MNO's want to sponsor projects in South Africa? And if they do, what kind a proposals are they interested in?

Thanks for the detailed response. I just want to find out if Dash is at a place where the MNO's want to sponsor projects in South Africa? And if they do, what kind a proposals are they interested in?

I'm sure most of us would *love* to sponsor projects throughout the African continent. The trouble is with the current drop in the markets, we're simply not able to fund all the projects we'd like to. Right now, the primary pushes have been in Venezuela, though we have a few notable efforts in Africa already, mostly in the Northern part and also in Zimbabwe. I personally see these projects as "pilot" projects which, if successful, will serve as a model for further efforts in those regions. My recommendation is to keep an eye on the market and if the price rises significantly, our treasury may be able to afford more substantial efforts in those and other regions.

I'm sure most of us would *love* to sponsor projects throughout the African continent. The trouble is with the current drop in the markets, we're simply not able to fund all the projects we'd like to. Right now, the primary pushes have been in Venezuela, though we have a few notable efforts in Africa already, mostly in the Northern part and also in Zimbabwe. I personally see these projects as "pilot" projects which, if successful, will serve as a model for further efforts in those regions. My recommendation is to keep an eye on the market and if the price rises significantly, our treasury may be able to afford more substantial efforts in those and other regions.
Thank you. Will definitely keep an eye on the market and see before posting our proposal https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...ng-africa-activations-cycling-tv-radio.38882/

Hello, from my experience in my proposals one of the most important things that MNO's want to see are projects which provide real use of Dash. Besides, the projects must have a schedule with clear milestones. The budget has to be very clear/transparent and as low as possible (the cost/benefit rate has to be very efficient). Besides, the project must be exlusively for Dash, MNO don't want to invest in promoting of helping other cryptos.

There are more detailes but I hope you find this useful.

Best,
Alejandro

ROI for Dash, uniqueness of the project, lowest budget to get the job done, constant updates and communication, etc!

Back