• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What are the parameters of Core Team business development?

jimbursch

With the introduction of @Bradley Zastrow as the new Director of Global Business Development, the question came up as to the parameters of Core Team business development.

What activities are included in this function, and perhaps more important, what is excluded?

For example, does this include conferring "official" status to "preffered partners" as in the case of merchandising?
see https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/announcement-launch-of-the-official-dash-merchandise-line.20202/

Does this include offering services such as escrow for selected projects?
see https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/pre-proposal-dappdapp-integrating-a-dash-ecosystem.19383/

Does this include entering into partnerships that may be revenue generating? Which raises the question, should the Core Team receive funding from sources other than the Dash Budget?

merchandise partners has nothing to do with bradley - he is a busy man and is dealing with the important Biz , integrations ,....

merchandise partner came from my side
(2nd time u are asking about this jim , where is the problem there ? we needed merchandise from a reliable source , a real store and not just a 2 T shirt page that will disappear again in 2 month - now we have it - the idea was this is is a good thing for community and now everybody knows where to find the merge and done - no money involved in this - just plain up partnership and done )

It would have lent legitimacy to the official merchandise arrangement had it been posted to "Official Announcements" (maybe I missed it). Learning of the official merchandise arrangement from the other side of the deal (a dash.org forum user) coupled with the (perceived) silence from core allowed my mind to become skeptical.

Possibly this is an area Bradley Zastrow will be working in...not the merchandise partners but the communication of the business activities?

It would have lent legitimacy to the official merchandise arrangement had it been posted to "Official Announcements" (maybe I missed it). Learning of the official merchandise arrangement from the other side of the deal (a dash.org forum user) coupled with the (perceived) silence from core allowed my mind to become skeptical.

Possibly this is an area Bradley Zastrow will be working in...not the merchandise partners but the communication of the business activities?

no need for skeptism or an “announcement” (i belive we reserve announcements for “important” deals - i did not see this that important tbh and just wanted to get it done before x mas - as i had so many requests for merch)
it is listed on dash.org (bottom bellow graphics) and that should be official enough

just plain up partnership

Does that mean a contract has been signed? Or can any member of the Core Team declare anyone/anything "official" Dash something?

I believe everyone is well-intentioned, but I think the days are past when casual agreements like this can be made on a handshake. There are many people like myself who are building serious businesses on Dash, and how the "official Dash" moniker is allocated is a very serious matter. I am building Dash Messaging (https://d-msg.com) and I have not sought to make the claim that it is an "official Dash" messaging app. But maybe I should if it is going to be handed out in a casual manner.

integrations
Lets put a fine point on this.

If DASH were to partner with, say, BitPay or Kraken, to facilitate a retail crypto processing service similar to a card processing service, Bradley from American Express (the only credit card I don't hate), would be the guy doing it.

Is this statement correct?

I'd like to emphasize; this is the only thing that matters for DASH right now. It has been the only thing that matters for DASH for over 2 years. If it is finally going to have someone doing it, fuck yeah!

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack the thread on an unrelated topic about Bradley Zastrow. According to his linkedin profile, he worked 4 years as Senior Manager with American Express. It is safe to assume he had at least a dozen supporting staff that would handle everything from phone calls, appointments, drafting contracts, legal, accounting, marketing etc. I looked at the Dash Core team page and it seems this support structure isn't here at all. Am I missing something?

merchandise partners has nothing to do with bradley - he is a busy man and is dealing with the important Biz , integrations ,....

merchandise partner came from my side
(2nd time u are asking about this jim , where is the problem there ? we needed merchandise from a reliable source , a real store and not just a 2 T shirt page that will disappear again in 2 month - now we have it - the idea was this is is a good thing for community and now everybody knows where to find the merge and done - no money involved in this - just plain up partnership and done )

Hi I am not sure who or what site you are talking about but my site zazzle.com/dashswag and buywithdash.org has had more than 2 shirts for sale and has not been down or disappear. Plus I donate to dash foundation as well so I think there are multiple official dash swag stores...

Pretend cheesy try-hard marketing will make up for Dash's lack of Evolution development, IPv6, segwit, Lightning, Bech32, MAST, Schnorr sig aggregation, fungibility, privacy, etc.
I don't like agreeing with you, but facts are facts...

The Usual Suspects have spent nearly 3 years talking about how great it's going to be, while the world passed them by.

I'd really like to see all their promises come true, suddenly start taking action...

But I'm afraid even if they do, they killed their own lead. Billions of duffs short and about 800 days late... And that's if it all came true right now today.

Virtually everyone is already doing what DASH invented and said it was shoulda, woulda, coulda...

DASH is not mere late to it's own party, it's the last one to show up. The janitor is sweeping up the mess... Everybody already moved on tot he next challenges. DASH still thinks it's winning because the leadership pays attention to nothing but the yes men... People like me, just agitators and trolls...

If/When Evolution finally launches, it'll be remarkably underwhelming and anti-climactic. It's like walking up to Stephen Hawking and saying "Hey, look! I invented the wheel!" Then, predictably, calling him an idiot when he's unimpressed... Yeah man, we've been doing that for several thousand years already, you aren't a big deal. Even retarded people have it figured out... When the retarded people are way ahead of you... Yeah... Don't get me wrong. There will probably still be a lot of ponzi to be had, but DASH decided to throw away the idea of leading crypto adoption a long, long time ago. DASH outright refused to be the very thing for which it was best suited.

If you take first place at the special olympics, you're still retarded. If you don't even place... Well... Yeah...

Last edited:
I don't like agreeing with you, but facts are facts...

The Usual Suspects have spent nearly 3 years talking about how great it's going to be, while the world passed them by.

I'd really like to see all their promises come true, suddenly start taking action...

But I'm afraid even if they do, they killed their own lead. Billions of duffs short and about 800 days late... And that's if it all came true right now today.

Virtually everyone is already doing what DASH invented and said it was shoulda, woulda, coulda...

DASH is not mere late to it's own party, it's the last one to show up. The janitor is sweeping up the mess... Everybody already moved on tot he next challenges. DASH still thinks it's winning because the leadership pays attention to nothing but the yes men... People like me, just agitators and trolls...

If/When Evolution finally launches, it'll be remarkably underwhelming and anti-climactic. It's like walking up to Stephen Hawking and saying "Hey, look! I invented the wheel!" Then, predictably, calling him an idiot when he's unimpressed... Yeah man, we've been doing that for several thousand years already, you aren't a big deal. Even retarded people have it figured out... When the retarded people are way ahead of you... Yeah... Don't get me wrong. There will probably still be a lot of ponzi to be had, but DASH decided to throw away the idea of leading crypto adoption a long, long time ago. DASH outright refused to be the very thing for which it was best suited.

If you take first place at the special olympics, you're still retarded. If you don't even place... Well... Yeah...

Dash is late at rolling out evolution and other features agreed ... But who else attempting to do it anyway ??

I agree with not leading the crypto pack part completely though

The parameters of Core Team business development are:

1. Look busy

2. Pretend cheesy try-hard marketing will make up for Dash's lack of Evolution development, IPv6, segwit, Lightning, Bech32, MAST, Schnorr sig aggregation, fungibility, privacy, etc.

I thought we didn't need lighting and segwit coz of the ultra lows promised through massive onchain scaling

Dash already has a second tier network which consists of masternodes.
We don't really need lightning and segwit.

All shit coins are taking over Dash's market cap it feels so bad to be dash investor right now

Last edited:
Just relax. We are in this for the long run.
It seems that smart contracts coins are hot right now, but the market is fickle and it can switch at the moments notice.

Just relax. We are in this for the long run.
It seems that smart contracts coins are hot right now, but the market is fickle and it can switch at the moments notice.

why cant we be a little bit more aggressive in getting partnerships done and making grand announcements , we are a business not a non-profit org

Last edited:
Things are progressing, don't you worry.
Hype price boosting has no bearing on long-term success.
Don't compare to other coins, compare to where we were a few months ago.

Back