• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

We want to accept darkcoin payments, how to?

TanteStefana

Foundation Member
Hello. My husband wrote a couple of books which we sell on Amazon.com. In order to participate in the best royalties, we can not sell our ebooks anywhere else, however, we are allowed to sell the paperback anywhere we like. The paperbacks will soon be ready and we thought we'd accept Darkcoin on our blog page if anyone wants to buy the book there. It will also be a learning experience for myself which I hope to share.

So the question is, can we accept darkcoin without a payment processor middle man? If so, how would we go about doing so? Thanks for any help!

To clarify, is there an app, or a wordpress plugin that creates a store front with a payment processor that we can insert darkcoin into?

Ugh, I'm sorry, I guess I was asking/searching the wrong questions and looking in the wrong places. Thanks :)

I guess there isn't anything that doesn't involve a payment processing company :( That's too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I discovered you don't need a payment processer if you use a wordpress app. I'm learning how, and am documenting what I learn so that I can add it to this website when I've got if figured out, LOL. Don't hold your breath, it takes me a while to figure out ;P

Nope, I was totally wrong. Even the worldpress + gourl which I thought would work requires me to go through gourl to accept payments. I don't see why nobody has made a simple app that creates a checkout so someone can pay in coin? Why do I have to register to a company in another country (Dominica) with my name address, etc... to use it? What do they want with that info, will they collect information off of my customers? I just don't trust anyone, and it feels wrong for crypto, which is supposed to be trustless.

Can't you just present the customer a costings? Eg. 1btc please to this address. Tell me when your done.. I'll verify and dispatch book .

Nope, I was totally wrong. Even the worldpress + gourl which I thought would work requires me to go through gourl to accept payments. I don't see why nobody has made a simple app that creates a checkout so someone can pay in coin? Why do I have to register to a company in another country (Dominica) with my name address, etc... to use it? What do they want with that info, will they collect information off of my customers? I just don't trust anyone, and it feels wrong for crypto, which is supposed to be trustless.

Why not just have an address to send to and have the purchaser sign a message with the address it was sent from?

From what I understand CoinPayments is one of the options that takes the least amount of information from you when signing up and their fees are fair. Obviously the cheapest way to accept DRK on your site is setting up your own wallet or building your own app that takes DRK. Good luck learning/documenting your Wordpress app set-up.

It's more the information ;P I'm sitting here thinking it'd be nice to sell the book online for dark. The thing is, if we sold 3 we would consider it a great success, LOL. But legally I have to get a business license, pay yearly business tax and keep track and charge for any sales tax in my state, with, I don't know, hundreds of different rates!

It's really so stupid, when the only reason we'd do it is for publicity for us and for Darkcoin. :eek:

Just generate 10k drk addresses and always give one out if someone purchases something.

Unless you are selling 100s of items per day its a solid and easy method to accept and verify.

We need a DRK wallet system like blockchain.info and they associated mobile app. They are tied together. Easy for taking direct BTC payments on your cell phone and all the coins are on the website so when you smash or lose your phone, you don't lose the coins. I love the blockchain.info setup and wish Darkcoin had something similar.

...We are ready to put up our new website...finally, yeeeesh! lonnie, dont want to hear it! ;) . Lonnie is bro of mine in my home town...so I can give him some lip! lol. So I'm going to go through the merchant stuff up top and get the hell on doing this asap! Stay tuned...brick and mortar about to rock the retail Darkcoin!

Back