• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Warning: new scam email - don't click the link!

thelonecrouton

Foundation Member
DarkcoinTalk
Hello thelonecrouton,

We're happy to announce that Darkcoin Version 10.15.19 v2 Windows Release is now available for download.

Who Needs To Update?

All Darkcoin users must update their clients.

What’s New?

Part of securing the Darkcoin network is creating a strong and healthy network of full nodes to back it up. These nodes provide many tasks for users such as propagating messages, syncing clients and mixing users funds via Darksend.

Windows .exe:

<link removed>

A huge thanks goes out to all of the users that helped us perfect this release on testnet. There were countless users who sent wallets and debug logs which helped the debug process tremendously. We couldn’t have done it without all of you.

Thanks,

The Darkcoin Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Never ever download binaries which are not originating from official website, and check signature of files for authenticity (either the files are signed by me or Evan)

xV39MBE.png

Probably using Tor or a VPN. I was talking about what the user sees in the email, what identity is the scammer faking.
I think they are pretending to be "darkcointalk" - Evan will push out a warning via official twitter as well.

Edit: confirmed

Code:

Probably using Tor or a VPN. I was talking about what the user sees in the email, what identity is the scammer faking.
Probably you`re right but meaby he did obvious mistake, sometimes ppl do stupid things in hurry...

DarkcoinTalk
Hello thelonecrouton,

We're happy to announce that Darkcoin Version 10.15.19 v2 Windows Release is now available for download.

Who Needs To Update?

What’s New?

Part of securing the Darkcoin network is creating a strong and healthy network of full nodes to back it up. These nodes provide many tasks for users such as propagating messages, syncing clients and mixing users funds via Darksend.

Windows .exe:

<link removed>

A huge thanks goes out to all of the users that helped us perfect this release on testnet. There were countless users who sent wallets and debug logs which helped the debug process tremendously. We couldn’t have done it without all of you.

Thanks,

The Darkcoin Team
Tweeted. Please RT if you're able!

thelonecrouton thanks for posting! Who appears to be sending it?
Here's the full thing:
Code:
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.216.93.70 with SMTP id k48csp58224wef;
  Thu, 6 Nov 2014 06:16:52 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.194.59.17 with SMTP id v17mr3964291wjq.130.1415283411996;
  Thu, 06 Nov 2014 06:16:51 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <host@darkcointalk>
Received: from cg6-p07-ob.smtp.rzone.de (cg6-p07-ob.smtp.rzone.de. [2a01:238:20a:202:5317::1])
  by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id l10si10113194wia.78.2014.11.06.06.16.51
  for <[email protected]>
  (version=TLSv1.2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128);
  Thu, 06 Nov 2014 06:16:51 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: temperror (google.com: error in processing during lookup of host@darkcointalk: DNS timeout) client-ip=2a01:238:20a:202:5317::1;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
  spf=temperror (google.com: error in processing during lookup of host@darkcointalk: DNS timeout) smtp.mail=host@darkcointalk
X-RZG-CLASS-ID: cg07
Received: from magpyr.store ([192.168.45.44])
   by joses.store (RZmta 35.10 OK)
   with ESMTP id m01121qA6EGp4yR
   for <[email protected]>;
   Thu, 6 Nov 2014 15:16:51 +0100 (CET)
Received: (from Unknown UID 1556244@localhost)
   by post.webmailer.de (8.13.7/8.13.7) id sA6EGpHp016839;
   Thu, 6 Nov 2014 14:16:51 GMT
X-Authentication-Warning: magpyr: Unknown UID 1556244 set sender to host@darkcointalk using -f
To: [email protected]
Subject: Darkcoin Version 10.15.19 v2 Windows Release mandatory update!
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 15:16:51 +0100
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: PHPMailer 5.2.6 (https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
   boundary="b1_20b7b6be3e987a4bbca8fc005876ce94"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-RZG-SCRIPT: :fTVROxP/Na60Tyg037gGl1iFAM9bcnLo1LCqjFJxV2cG7ZseU7BlTV7aTGyUWMytYHZNyotNR351M8HNJMFG9qAewEfVKR5U58yI2mDlIRsAo//FZw==

--b1_20b7b6be3e987a4bbca8fc005876ce94
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1

DarkcoinTalk
Hello tlc,

Who Needs To Update?

What&rsquo;s New?

10.15.19 v2 Binaries: Includes Darksend - Masternode Operators 

Windows .exe:  retracted

A huge thanks goes out to all of the users that helped us perfect this release on testnet. There were countless users who sent wallets and debug logs which helped the debug process tremendously. We couldn&rsquo;t have done it without all of you.

Thanks,

The Darkcoin Team
https://DarkcoinTalk.org/

--b1_20b7b6be3e987a4bbca8fc005876ce94
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

<html lang="en-US" dir="LTR">
<head>
<body dir="LTR" text="#141414" bgcolor="#F0F0F0" link="#176093" alink="#176093" vlink="#176093" style="padding: 10px">
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" dir="LTR" style="background-color: #F0F7FC;border: 1px solid #A5CAE4;border-radius: 5px;direction: LTR;">
<tr><td style="background-color: #D7EDFC;padding: 5px 10px;border-bottom: 1px solid #A5CAE4;border-top-left-radius: 4px;border-top-right-radius: 4px;font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height: 1.231;"><a href="https://DarkcoinTalk.org/" style="color: #176093; text-decoration:none">DarkcoinTalk</a></td></tr>
<tr><td style="background-color: #FCFCFF;padding: 1em;color: #141414;font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size: 13px;line-height: 1.231;"><p style="margin-top: 0">Hello tlc,<br>
  <br>
We're happy to announce that Darkcoin Version 10.15.19 v2 Windows Release is now available for download.<br>
<br>
<strong>Who Needs To Update?</strong><br>
<br>
All Darkcoin users must update their clients.<br>
<br>
<strong>What&rsquo;s New?</strong><br>
<br>
Part of securing the Darkcoin network is creating a strong and healthy network of full nodes to back it up. These nodes provide many tasks for users such as propagating messages, syncing clients and mixing users funds via Darksend.<br />
<br />
<br />
<a href="retracted" target="_blank" style="text-align: center; font-size: 11px; font-family: arial, sans=
-serif; color: white; font-weight: bold; border-color: #3079ed; background-color: #4d90fe; background-image: linear-gradient(top,#4d90fe,#4787ed); text-decoration: none; display:inline-block; height: 27px; padding-left: 8px; padding-right: 8px; line-height: 27px; border-radius: 2px; border-width: 1px;"> <span style="color: white;"> 10.15.19 v2 Binaries: Includes Darksend - Masternode Operators </span> </a> <br>
<br>
<b>Windows .exe:</b>  <h4><a href="retracted" target="_blank">retracted</a></h4><br />
<br />
A huge thanks goes out to all of the users that helped us perfect this release on testnet. There were countless users who sent wallets and debug logs which helped the debug process tremendously. We couldn&rsquo;t have done it without all of you.<br>
<br>
Thanks,<br>
<br>
The Darkcoin Team</p></td></tr>
<tr><td style="background-color: #F0F7FC;padding: 5px 10px;border-top: 1px solid #D7EDFC;border-bottom-left-radius: 4px;border-bottom-right-radius: 4px;text-align: right;font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size: 11px;line-height: 1.231;"><a href="https://DarkcoinTalk.org/" style="color: #176093; text-decoration: none">https://DarkcoinTalk.org/</a></td></tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

are we being hacker at DCT or something ?!
maybe we should wipe out some history we have stored on the servers !?
i might be paranoid, but i thought before that there are a LOT of communications and information stored here !!

Some people publish them in their bitcointalk profiles. Or we all sign up for too many services and some may have been hacked. Even Mintpal :)

hahaaa
that is an interesting thought !

how many people actually received the email ?
i did not get anything

How are they getting the email addresses to send to?
The dark web probably, paid for with Darkcoin. :grin:

My gmail account is about as old as gmail accounts get, I take the usual simple precautions, mostly, but I'm not paranoid about it, there's nothing of real value there, it's disposable.

The dark web probably, paid for with Darkcoin. :grin:

My gmail account is about as old as gmail accounts get, I take the usual simple precautions, mostly, but I'm not paranoid about it, there's nothing of real value there, it's disposable.

Well we all know your email now!

Back