• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Wachsman PR - Dash PR Agency

kot

Masternode Owner/Operator
Dear Dash Community Members,

As some of you already know, we work with a new PR company on Dash promotion. The company is a Wall Street agency Wachsman PR (website: http://www.wachsmanpr.com/) and work with us starting from September. Before that, Wachsman PR did a trial round in July, delivering solid results. In August we have decided to do a break in PR due to the vacation period and re-launch the PR project starting from September. Despite of this fact, Wachsman PR supported us during this time free of charge (thank you WPR).

Let me provide you with more detailed information about the project:

1. Project duration (Phase I - 3 months)
    1. Start date: 8 September 2016
    2. Planned end date: 7 December 2016 (depends on the project funding)
  2. Project team
    1. Dash Team
      1. Robert Wiecko
      2. Daniel Diaz
      3. Ryan Taylor
      4. David (Ddink7)
      5. Eric Sammons
    2. Wachsman PR Team
      1. David Wachsman
      2. Jesse Platz
      3. Meghan Merriman

3. Scope of the project:
    1. Client consultation
    2. Content creation
    3. Media relations
    4. Media engagement training
    5. Digital crypto-media campaign
    6. Digital and possibly traditional mainstream media campaign
    7. Interviews with Dash speakers
    8. Assistance during conferences and events (in preparation and entering)
    9. Dash marketing strategy definition
    10. Out of scope: Advertising

4. Project objectives
    1. Refine Dash’s overall messaging, both online and in marketing materials, including event presentations.
    2. Generate public awareness of Dash within the crypto-currency, business, finance, and technology sectors through a consistent level of media coverage.
    3. Position members of the Dash core team as subject matter experts.
    4. Create a long-term strategy to successfully introduce and launch the Dash Evolution project.
    5. Increase Dash visibility in mainstream media.
    6. Increase understanding of Dash’s unique features to serve as digital cash.
    7. Establish Dash as the cryptographic currency that is based on Bitcoin software and addresses many of the problems of Bitcoin.
    8. Raise visibility around Dash’s technological achievements within the crypto community through a steady stream of hard news coverage, as well as begin to penetrate top-tier business and technology media
    9. Increase understanding and demand for Dash, resulting in higher volume and price relative to Bitcoin.

5. Success criteria
    1. [STRATEGY] - Developed a complete analysis on Dash’s overall messaging concluded with the improvements suggested implemented where agreed.
    2. [STRATEGY] - A fully detailed media strategy for the Dash Evolution Project to be completed and approved by Dash.
    3. [PRICE] - The average price of Dash is increasing during the course of project.
    4. [PRICE] - The price of Dash is higher than 14 USD at the end of Phase I
    5. [VOLUME] - The average volume of Dash is increasing during the course of project (Poloniex exchange taken as a benchmark in Phase I).
    6. [VISIBILITY] - At least 5 different media placements about Dash per month arranged by Wachsman PR and published in major crypto-media
    7. [VISIBILITY] - At least 1 article / month about Dash (arranged by Wachsman PR) is published in major mainstream media
    8. [QUALITY] - All monthly project reviews are done and all findings are addressed
    9. [QUALITY] - All weekly project status calls summarized with the notes and action plan. Action plan executed
    10. [ADOPTION] - Dash is adopted (or negotiations are happening) at least on 1 new major Bitcoin exchange (Bitfinex, Kraken, Bitstamp, Huobi, OKCoin, BTCChina) or implementation/adoption process was initiated.

We have started our project from creation of plan and definition of overall strategy for Dash promotion and then started to execute. As you may have noticed, there was much more activity in media about Dash last weeks - this is the direct result of Wachsman PR involvement. We have already conducted a first monthly review of the project. Results from the review and the trial round will be published later today in the same thread.

Please use this thread to put your comments and suggestions about the project and it's later stages. Feel free to ask questions - David and his team declared to be available here to provide answers at least once a week.

Last edited:
IMHO, I think Dash ATH in USD is around 15 usd, so success criteria in usd price should be higher than 15 usd instead of just 14. tq

Here is a quick summary of WPR tasks performed during the trial period in July (and expended to August by their internal decision):

1. Review of Dash social media channels and report (attached)
  2. Proposal of the strategy for the 6 months Dash campaign to generate public awareness about Dash and prepare media strategy for Evolution release
  3. Preparation and release of media placements for: Jaxx, Mycelium, TigoCTM, Cryptobuyer,
  4. Support in preparations to d10e conference (presentation, handout, rehearsals, speaker training)
  5. Support in preparations to Atlanta Bitcoin Meetup
  6. Support after Jaxx removal from the App Store
  7. Monitoring of media - Dash related placements: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/...7/Dash-Placement-List-July-August.xlsx?api=v2

Attachments

• WPR - Dash Social Media Report FINAL.pdf
    997.5 KB · Views: 200
Hello Community!

Let me share with you a report from the first project review, we have had last week (attached).
I am attaching the dashboard file for your review as well (as the one from the report is hardly readable). Note: the dashboard is automatically generated from the WPR tool and should be used to indicate progress and trend lines but not for actual numbers.
Dash Report - July 13 to Oct 6 FINAL.png

Wachsman PR continues efforts in monitoring of media as well - please find information about Dash-related media placements in this file: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/43778137/Dash Placement List.xlsx?api=v2

Let me know if you have any questions :)

Attachments

• 2016-11-11-WPR-PhaseI-Second-Project-Review.pdf
    145.1 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
I opposed the Wachsman PR proposal initially but so far I haven't seen much to complain about, especially compared to our previous PR firm. Thanks for the reports!

Hello Community!

I would like to share with you a report from the second project review, we have had last Friday (file attached below).
As previously, I am attaching separately the dashboard file for your review. Note: the dashboard is automatically generated from the WPR tool and should be used to indicate progress and trend lines but not for actual numbers.
2016-11-11 WPR October Meltwater Report.png
There is visible downtrend in number of media publications at the end of the month - this was caused by the focus on the preparations to laBITconf conference. On the other hand there is a big change in positive sentiment, comparing to the previous month.

I am also attaching a report from monitoring of media - please find information about Dash-related media placements in this file: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/43778137/2016-11-11 Dash Media Placements October.xlsx?api=v2
All articles marked yellow are direct work of WPR, other articles are organic press releases.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 2016-11-11-WPR-PhaseI-Second-Project-Review.pdf
    145.1 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Dear Dash Community Members,

As some of you already know, we work with a new PR company on Dash promotion. The company is a Wall Street agency Wachsman PR (website: http://www.wachsmanpr.com/) and work with us starting from September. Before that, Wachsman PR did a trial round in July, delivering solid results. In August we have decided to do a break in PR due to the vacation period and re-launch the PR project starting from September. Despite of this fact, Wachsman PR supported us during this time free of charge (thank you WPR).

Let me provide you with more detailed information about the project:

1. Project duration (Phase I - 3 months)
    1. Start date: 8 September 2016
    2. Planned end date: 7 December 2016 (depends on the project funding)
  2. Project team
    1. Dash Team
      1. Robert Wiecko
      2. Daniel Diaz
      3. Ryan Taylor
      4. David (Ddink7)
      5. Eric Sammons
    2. Wachsman PR Team
      1. David Wachsman
      2. Jesse Platz
      3. Meghan Merriman

3. Scope of the project:
    1. Client consultation
    2. Content creation
    3. Media relations
    4. Media engagement training
    5. Digital crypto-media campaign
    6. Digital and possibly traditional mainstream media campaign
    7. Interviews with Dash speakers
    8. Assistance during conferences and events (in preparation and entering)
    9. Dash marketing strategy definition
    10. Out of scope: Advertising

4. Project objectives
    1. Refine Dash’s overall messaging, both online and in marketing materials, including event presentations.
    2. Generate public awareness of Dash within the crypto-currency, business, finance, and technology sectors through a consistent level of media coverage.
    3. Position members of the Dash core team as subject matter experts.
    4. Create a long-term strategy to successfully introduce and launch the Dash Evolution project.
    5. Increase Dash visibility in mainstream media.
    6. Increase understanding of Dash’s unique features to serve as digital cash.
    7. Establish Dash as the cryptographic currency that is based on Bitcoin software and addresses many of the problems of Bitcoin.
    8. Raise visibility around Dash’s technological achievements within the crypto community through a steady stream of hard news coverage, as well as begin to penetrate top-tier business and technology media
    9. Increase understanding and demand for Dash, resulting in higher volume and price relative to Bitcoin.

5. Success criteria
    1. [STRATEGY] - Developed a complete analysis on Dash’s overall messaging concluded with the improvements suggested implemented where agreed.
    2. [STRATEGY] - A fully detailed media strategy for the Dash Evolution Project to be completed and approved by Dash.
    3. [PRICE] - The average price of Dash is increasing during the course of project.
    4. [PRICE] - The price of Dash is higher than 14 USD at the end of Phase I
    5. [VOLUME] - The average volume of Dash is increasing during the course of project (Poloniex exchange taken as a benchmark in Phase I).
    6. [VISIBILITY] - At least 5 different media placements about Dash per month arranged by Wachsman PR and published in major crypto-media
    7. [VISIBILITY] - At least 1 article / month about Dash (arranged by Wachsman PR) is published in major mainstream media
    8. [QUALITY] - All monthly project reviews are done and all findings are addressed
    9. [QUALITY] - All weekly project status calls summarized with the notes and action plan. Action plan executed
    10. [ADOPTION] - Dash is adopted (or negotiations are happening) at least on 1 new major Bitcoin exchange (Bitfinex, Kraken, Bitstamp, Huobi, OKCoin, BTCChina) or implementation/adoption process was initiated.

We have started our project from creation of plan and definition of overall strategy for Dash promotion and then started to execute. As you may have noticed, there was much more activity in media about Dash last weeks - this is the direct result of Wachsman PR involvement. We have already conducted a first monthly review of the project. Results from the review and the trial round will be published later today in the same thread.

Please use this thread to put your comments and suggestions about the project and it's later stages. Feel free to ask questions - David and his team declared to be available here to provide answers at least once a week.

Hi Robert, I was wondering whether if requesting the addition of DASH to Coinbase is one of the objectives? If not, I'm more than happy to make the request to them myself and report back as to their requirements/expectations?

Hey @revelations86 - such request would not be any PR activity but rather Business Development (and it is difficult to expect PR agency to do the Business Development for us). We do this by ourselves in general, however we have met a lot of resistance so far - the reasons were different but feedback was that in general Dash needs to be more popular and have better volumes.
Therefore our expectation to the agency is only to have these type of negotiations happening as a result of their PR activities (e.g. increasing the visibility of the project or introduction to exchange representatives)
Feel free to contact Coinbase if you have any good connections there.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone!

Let me share with you a report from the final project review, we have had today (report file attached below).
As usually, I am attaching a dashboard file for your review. Note: the dashboard is automatically generated from the WPR tool and should be used to indicate progress and trend lines but not for actual numbers.
2016-12-13 WPR October Meltwater Report.png
There is an uptrend in number of media publications in the middle of the month, when there were some publications released, however the number of them is lower than during the previous months.

I am also attaching a report from monitoring of media - please find information about Dash-related media placements in this file: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/...h November - Media Placement List.xlsx?api=v2
All articles marked yellow are direct work of WPR, other articles are organic press releases.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 2016-12-13-WPR-PhaseI-Final-Project-Review.pdf
    127.8 KB · Views: 197
Hello Everyone!

Let me share with you a report from the final project review, we have had today (report file attached below).
As usually, I am attaching a dashboard file for your review. Note: the dashboard is automatically generated from the WPR tool and should be used to indicate progress and trend lines but not for actual numbers.
View attachment 2830
There is an uptrend in number of media publications in the middle of the month, when there were some publications released, however the number of them is lower than during the previous months.

I am also attaching a report from monitoring of media - please find information about Dash-related media placements in this file: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/54525976/2016-12-13 Dash November - Media Placement List.xlsx?api=v2

Thank you!
nice! 10(a) sounds promising!!!!

@Stealth923 - you know, I can't do this at this moment, right :) ?
When everything is agreed, there will be a right time to elaborate on details. So far this is a negotiation phase :).

@kot From the Dec 13 report, it looks like these two items have been completed. Would it be possible to see what the messaging framework and strategy is? Or whatever parts of it you are able to share?

[STRATEGY] - Developed a complete analysis on Dash’s overall messaging concluded
with the improvements suggested implemented where agreed.
Achieved - analysis and messaging framework provided

[STRATEGY] - A fully detailed media strategy for the Dash Evolution Project to be
completed and approved by Dash.
Achieved - first draft of the strategy document delivered on 2016-11-10

I hope point 10 [Adoption] is referring to a listing of Dash on Kraken. No need for hoping funds around to get Dash!

@kot From the Dec 13 report, it looks like these two items have been completed. Would it be possible to see what the messaging framework and strategy is? Or whatever parts of it you are able to share?

[STRATEGY] - Developed a complete analysis on Dash’s overall messaging concluded
with the improvements suggested implemented where agreed.
Achieved - analysis and messaging framework provided

[STRATEGY] - A fully detailed media strategy for the Dash Evolution Project to be
completed and approved by Dash.
Achieved - first draft of the strategy document delivered on 2016-11-10

Sure - I will publish them later during the week (please remind me in case I forget to do it ;) ).

Back