Separate names with a comma.
Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!
Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by eduffield, Feb 6, 2017.
There needs to be some obvious feedback...
These coins with lighting network are getting more and more hot tho, the technology is the next best thing. Will it support lighting network with fail-safe like Veltor does?
Hmm I know Ethereum has something similar as well... I think combining the Veltor idea with DASH master nodes and the anon tech could be a major break thought. I mean if you look at Monero, the chain is already bloating up to 19GB with NO transactions (compared to Bitcoin at least). DASH anon on Veltor like LN network... dam. That is the next Bitcoin.
Do we have a new version circulating on mainnet ? (v12.1.4 ? ) and could it be causing masternode warnings on both Dash Central and Dashninja ?
The % of masternodes that are seeing my masternodes as active are dropping periodically .. with v12.1.4 already on 8.7% could this be the cause ?
I do not see a new binary for v12.1.4 to download yet on dash.org ....
ahh thanks. maybe someone can update the wallet links on dash.org ? (windows 64bit zip file still points to v12.1.3)
easy there ... all coming ... step by step .4 will be released today
Dash Core 0.12.1.4
Dash Core 0.12.1.4 is a maintenance release of the Dash Core 0.12.1.x series
(minor Update - No Sentinal Changes - Not mandatory but "encouraged to update”)
In this minor release only bugfixes have been included and we consider this a stable release - PLEASE update !
- fix docs (#1404)
- fix unsafe vNodes access (#1403)
- Fix mn list sync (#1401)
- Translations201703 (#1384)
- [depends] Fixing download path and sha256 hash (#1398)
- bump libevent to 2.1.8 (stable) (#1397)
- Fix alerts (#1326)
- Disable salvagewallet in GUI (#1390)
- replace legacy dnsseed (#1395)
- Drop support for pre-12.1 nodes (#1394)
- Overhaul of coin selection for mixing (#1364)
- Node eviction fix (#1392)
- implement importelectrumwallet (#1377)
- [UI] Typo fixed (#1391)
- Locking fix for UpdatePreferredDownload (#1389)
- Fix deadlocks on cs_vSend in RequestGovernanceObject (#1387)
- Periodicially request orphan objects (#1383)
- Implemented utility functions for copying/releasing vNodes vector (#1382)
Sweet! I just put 0.12.1.4 on. Startup is so improved, dashcore is hardening before our eyes.
The 02.05 release was a huge undertaking and something that complex is bound to have unexpected outcomes. But, so far, none of those unexpecteds have been "black swan" in nature.
As 02.05 recedes and bugfixes like 0.12.1.4 are released, we are seeing a more stable foundation for the exciting clientside stuff that is coming and that will grab the headlines.
It's tremendous, well done.
I'm a noob with updates. I assume I just need to follow this guide?
Or is there something more specific going from 0.12.1.3 to 0.12.1.4?
Just stop dashd, replace the binary with the new one and start dashd. Done.
Keep in mind that you need to finish the maintenance in a 60mins timeframe to keep your queue position.
Pardon my ignorance, but for a step-by-step, so far I've got...
Download and install the latest Windows version of "dash-qt.exe" (the DASH wallet) as found on this page: https://www.dash.org/wallets/
From https://www.dash.org/wallets/, download the latest Linux .tgz file
Open WinSCP and replace the dashd with the new file
chmod 777 ./dashd
From local wallet debug console run...
walletpassphrase <YOURPASSPHRASE> 120
masternode start-alias <LABEL>
* for this update I do not need to replace dash-cli
Can you confirm I haven't butchered the steps or left something out? Thanks
Even simpler: Scratch Step 2 and Step 5. In Step 1 it should be "cd .dashcore"
What would be a step by step guide to update DASH Core in Linux Ubuntu Mate? I haven't found any steps mentioned in here » dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1146941
I just downloaded the latst .TGZ file, unpacked it and open the dash-tq that is in it's bin folder. That way I'm accessing the 0.12.1.4 version. However when I go on wallet repair I see that the "Salvage wallet" button cannot be clicked on, the font is light grey - is that normal? | ...I just tried Wallet dash-qt version v0.12.1.3 and there the button works...
I didn't know it had been disabled but I'm not surprised, it's too powerful to be a "what happens if I click this?" option and could easily lead to unrecoverable funds.
Good question: What does actually happen if I click on this? Will it ask in which folder to select the wallet.dat?
i like your style. Sonic Dash, huh?
yes, this is far too powerful to consider the event of errors if implemented incorrectly.
I don't care to lose nuthin, yet somethin could be quite signicant, from one user to the next.
I would be quite happy if y'all ran this through the testnet a few more rounds, huh ?
Dash Core 0.12.1.5 Release Announcement
Dash Core 0.12.1.5 is a maintenance release of the Dash Core 0.12.1.x series
In this minor release only bugfixes have been included and we consider this a stable release. (NOT Mandatory but Suggested)
This release fixes a issue with proper watchdog propagation which causes rare "watchdog_expired" spikes.
- multiple wd rate check (#1426)
* Modify MasternodeRateCheck to support updating buffers only on failure
* Update rate check buffer only when fAddToSeen is true
- multiple vote fix (#1425)
* Avoid adding the same vote multiple times to the vote file
* Cleanup multiple votes in vote file
- Fix potential race condition in vote processing (#1424)
- Fix ProcessVerifyBroadcast (#1423)
* check if mn rank can be calculated
* fix "is in top" condition
- Reject payment vote if masternode rank can't be calculated (#1422)
- Don't add non-current wd's to seen map (#1417)
@UdjinM6, @tgflynn, @schinzelh
Cool, and from main page https://www.dash.org/wallets/
Heeey, thanks for sharing!