Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Version 12.1 Release

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by eduffield, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walter

Walter Active Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

I've just kicked off a 2 round 100 Dash privateSend mixing session... Let's see how long it takes...

Update: 15mins in and we're 50% done. Impressive :)

Edit: finished within 30mins. That's a big improvement on 12.0. Really impressive!

Walter

#31 Walter, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  2. tungfa

tungfa Administrator
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator Moderator

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. gotqn

gotqn New Member

Anyone having issues on Linux (Ubuntu 16.04)? I have re-index two times and it seems like wallet.dat is not imported as the balance is 0 (updated from dash-0.12.0). Having the wallet.dat file saved, but what steps to follow in order to stay up-to-date and have the right balance, too.

EDIT:

I have try all of the rebuild options and nothing help. Should I download the old version of the wallet and using the wallet.dat file to start using it again?

#33 gotqn, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  4. splawik21

splawik21 Grizzled Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Dash Support Group

@gotqn you need to copy wallet.dat from .dash to .dashcore and you are fine (remember to do it when the client s off)
    When you started 12.1 the client created a new directory and empty wallet.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. gotqn

gotqn New Member

Thanks a lot. It works like a charm. Additional question - when I am backing the wallet.dat file what file to use - this in .dashcore, or this in .dash?

• Like Like x 1
  6. splawik21

splawik21 Grizzled Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Dash Support Group

You should backup the wallet.dat you use so since now it is your .dashcore folder ;)
    You always have automatic backups in "backup" folder too ;)

• Like Like x 3
  7. qwizzie

qwizzie Well-known Member

Please let us know when payment enforcement has been enabled again.
    Thanks in advance.

8. crowning

crowning Well-known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. crowning

crowning Well-known Member

Other news: the last v12.0 block was mined at 2017-02-11-22:01:58 GMT+1, so we're almost 24 hours v12.1 only :)

• Like Like x 4
  10. tungfa

tungfa Administrator

12.1 info
    The Network is doing well (update)
    - Miners are at 100%
    - Masternodes around 77%
    but Merchants ,Exchanges ,3rd Parties ,.... still need time ,so there is NO rush to switch Enforcement back on again - no date is set yet ; )
    (as we do NOT wanna leave anybody behind)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. qwizzie

I'm sorry to hear that as we did commit to a specific date in the official announcement of 12.1 update and Amanda repeated that date
    in her YouTube show as well.

Now we have an extra delay in having our budget proposals up and running and have missing MN payments because payment enforcement is still off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. tungfa

tungfa Administrator

there is no delay - amanda date was never confirmed by Dev's (not sure how she got that)
    do you prefer to have merchants and whoever working on the wrong fork eventually if we enforce now (or whatever date Amanda suggested) ?
    remember we are not some little coin project anymore - 100 Mill market cap brings a responsibility to merchants and 3rd Parties we are working with
    (our personal MN payments are one thing - but there are bigger fish/as important to be taken care of now)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ashmoran

ashmoran Member

Is this possible if 100% of miners are on 12.1?

It seems a bit backwards if large merchants can veto or delay protocol changes by not upgrading. Surely it's the responsibility of merchants to update to the latest version as agreed by masternodes and used by miners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Narroway

Narroway New Member

Tungfa, It seems that you champion the poor merchant's plight. But I ask "what merchants?" all publicly available info. on dash accepting merchants show virtually no Dash acceptance except the guy selling hot sauce out of his garage and me, of course, selling photographs. Now,I overstate a bit but I imagine 90% of those merchants are simply submitting exchanges on a QT wallet anyway. Perhaps they haven't yet upgraded because it's low priority, low business volume to them. I thing you need to prioritize MN holders who are the true value drivers for Dash at this point and stand by them with predictable schedules. Merchants will come in time, certainly, but to overstate their importance is misleading.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. camosoul

camosoul Grizzled Member

Bingo. Talk about a thing as if it exists so that onlookers will get the impression that the imaginary marketplace isn't imaginary.

Kinda like "Institutionalized Racism" and "The Patriarchy."

It doesn't exist. But if you keep blaming it, then the weak-minded will fall for it...

It's kinda funny that the very same people that are talking about "OMG the Merchants!" are the same ones that have gone out of their way to sabotage Merchant usability for nearly 2 years now...

Suddenly they care so much about the very thing they assured would not exist, and use dishonest snowflake tactics to pretend to care, pretend that it exists, and pretend they aren't the very reason it doesn't; all at the same time...

This is not to throw support behind the complaint behind the decision to leave enforcement off. I'm all for leaving enforcement off. But, again, we see the snowflake invasion... Why make up bullshit and lies as the reason, when the truth does just fine...

Enforcement should stay off until MNs are 90% 12.1.x or better. Enforcement is a collective extension of PoSe. If you don't update, you don't get paid. Suck it.

Oh, yeah, how's that 0.12.1.1 coming?

#45 camosoul, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  16. camosoul

camosoul Grizzled Member

You fell for it. There are no Merchants calling these shots because there are no Merchants. Well, no large ones, and no number in desperate need of worrying about this. The existing methods of accepting payment can have chain depth easily adjusted because they don't use IX anyway... DASH's current Merchant perspective is no different from LTC, and the bump to 12.1 doesn't impact them even if they were a factor.

See how that deception plays so easily?

17. TroyDASH

TroyDASH Well-known Member

Calm yourselves people. The merchants he is referring to probably consists primarily of exchanges and a few direct business partners. No one is saying or has ever said that we're talking about a grand vibrant marketplace of retail businesses transacting in dash. Jeez.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. amanda_b_johnson

amanda_b_johnson Well-known Member

Uhhh, just to clear my own name here, I definitely did not make up the 12th as an enforcement date to report on DASH: Detailed. In Evan's 12.1 writeup, he published precisely:

"It is imperative that ALL users of the dash client update to the most recent version of the client as soon as possible. End users, miners, pool operators, exchanges, and masternode owners have until Sunday, February 12th to update. After that date, we will switch completely to the new version as soon as our engineers determine it is safe to do so, and older versions of the software will drop off the network."

^ Perhaps I should have used Evan's more exact wording on the show. He writes "after that date," while I had said "on that date." So my bad there. But it is not at all a surprise that people expected enforcement on or just after the 12th.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. TroyDASH

Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? Is it safe yet? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. qwizzie

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. jimbit

jimbit Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

so purse.io is not considered a large merchant??
    https://cointelegraph.com/news/dash...ular-altcoin-as-bitcoin-dominance-strengthens

• Like Like x 1
  22. tungfa

tungfa Administrator

hey amanda
    sorry no offence :rolleyes: my bad
    yes evan set that date in the announcement (u are definately cleared here ;) - it is all on me - totally missed that date line sorry again)
    "on" 12th
    and
    "after" 12th
    is exactly what i am talking about

well anyway
    dates should never be set for technical updates and enforcement
    enforcement depends 100% on technical details and not human factors (sorry to all of us humans involved)

merchants question - yes there are merchants but they are not forcing anybody to do anything - we are just trying to protect them and their transfers (as any "good" network would do)

3rd parties
    this is the concern here - exodus , jaxx , exchanges .... we want to ensure everybody is on the right version before enforcing . they are not forcing us ether , but as said above it is our responsibility to give them enough time to update . (we do NOT want to fork them or be forked by them so better save than sorry)

obviously the community is desperate to update , just give it another couple of days please , check the numbers we are nearly there :rolleyes:

personal thought
    smoothest update everrrrr (in my 3 years in drk/ dash)
    why the rush ? if the tech department / quality controll suggests more time is needed - hell yeah - give them another couple of days - they brought us so far why screw it up now ? ;)

#52 tungfa, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  23. camosoul

camosoul Grizzled Member

No. This is precisely why grown-ups don't take Crypto seriously...

24. jujubiste

jujubiste New Member

25. camosoul

camosoul Grizzled Member

It's like watching the media in a press conference with Sean Spicer. They twist every word they hear, and spit out questions that don't even make sense. It's more like daycare with unruly brats that just make shit up...

It's like they still don't see the version number...

ZERO.TWELVE.ONE.ZERO

It's not even v1.0 yet... It's v0.12.whateverblahblah... It's not even version 1/8th yet... It's absolutely silly to expect anything to be carved in stone with this much development underway.

The expectations of snowflakes rarely have anything to do with reality.

Leave enforcement off for another 2 weeks for all I care... I don't even have any of my masternodes running. Because I'm not a fuckin' retard.

I have my criticisms of the DASH project, but this is not one of them, nor is there any excuse for whining....

26. ashmoran

ashmoran Member

That's not how software version numbers work. The number after the point isn't a decimal fraction, it's an integer. Dash could go to version 0.101.0 if it wanted. 0.x.y indicates that the API is not considered stable. The Semantic Versioning site explains this in more detail.

• Informative Informative x 1
  27. camosoul

camosoul Grizzled Member

Really? Do I need to include a [/sarc] tag?

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. TroyDASH

(Actually you might need to use a !sarc tag instead)

29. ashmoran

ashmoran Member

Actually, yes. After your rant about the imaginary marketplace and your vitriol towards @tungfa for his "deception", I genuinely can't make any sense out of what you are saying. I apologise, perhaps I am just not paying close enough attention to the conversation here to understand everyone's opinions. I never thought I'd say this, but I find the discussion on Reddit much saner and easier to follow.

• Like Like x 3
  30. tungfa

tungfa Administrator

DF is definately the Pro playground compared to reddit
    much more technical and emotional here :rolleyes:

my "deception" :D did i ? i was not aware, propably used to it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.