• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Vaultoro, you should be outraged and ashamed

GrandMasterDash

Masternode Owner/Operator
On 3 May 2017 dash price hit 491.21 USD, though you wouldn't know it by looking at the Vaultoro proposal:

Vaultoro to implement DASH

I have no idea why Dash Central lists the proposed amount in today's dollar value, surely for reasons of posterity the price should be frozen on pay day? Back then, the Proposal Owner "MoKa" would of been expecting approximately 4 payments at 27600 USD per month (69 dash x 400 USD). The price kept dropping but in the planning of this proposal, the PO would not of known this.

Fast forward to today, where is dash on the Vaultoro website?

Dash has almost disappeared. Shall we check out the Crypto Fee Schedule listing bitcoin, ether, chainlink, dai, tether(!), usdc and uniswap?

Or perhaps we should check out the Limits and Fees on Deposit and Withdrawals in Wallet listing bitcoin, ether and litecoin.

Nope, we should confirm the storage fees listing bitcoin, litecoin and either.

But to be really sure, in case we are dealing with bitcoin maxis, we should checkout the helpful pages about cryptocurrencies .... what! bitcoin???

But I give them credit where it's due, they managed to keep the word "dash" in the API docs!

But don't worry, the DAO did a great job with the Vaultoro pre-proposal, 8 participants voting 7:1 in favor!

May 16, 2018 - Pre-proposal launched

By all means scroll down to see my questions and claims of a swindle. Or refer to the comments on the actual proposal page.

How can one person, in the moment, be right when everyone else was bullish? - Welcome to DAO Life.

Take this proposal as a template for numerous failed dash proposals. I would of linked to Dash Nexus or Dash Watch if either of them were still around. And you know, Dash Central survives on donations and is the last man standing. Let's be honest, the dash treasury is shit at sustaining anything long term or worthy. Which is probably why MNOs grant Dash Core Group the vast majority of funds. Who else or what else is there to vote on? MNOs insist not to value the lessons of the past and refuse to make any changes to governance.

Nowadays, such a proposal could offer equity to the DIF such that we keep a stake in the company. They delisted Dash a few years ago claiming regulatory pressures. I also think the volume may have been low since it required KYC which is problematic for some people.

It looks like a scam to me. Didn't appear to have regulatory pressure with litecoin or stable coins. I agree, the DIF would be a better option for almost everything. Maybe dash needs to split the treasury pool in two, one half automatically going to the DIF without requiring monthly votes.

Dash has the worst of both worlds, on one hand, Dash is branded as a privacy coin by the regulators and in the same bucket as coins like Monero, while on the other hand, Dash's privacy tech is not respected by people within the space, yourself included. So, we get all the downside of being a world class privacy coin while getting almost none of the upside. I don't think Vaultoro was a scam though, but I also don't think it was just regulatory pressure, entities like Silbert's DCG and big Bitcoin whales put pressure on infrastructure to shut out smaller coins which compete for market value from bitcoin, Dash is a threat because our prime competition is Bitcoin. As for further funding for the DIF, you make a great joke, keep 'em coming, bro! :p

Maybe we could manage the budget in such a way that funding is paid NOT BEFORE the project / integration is launched, but AFTER the project / integration is launched, when the project REACHES the declared success metrics?

If this is an exchange/merchant that integrates Dash, let the integration funding be paid not immediately, but let's say for 10 years, 1 time per year. Dash community this way will get a guarantee that DASH will not be delisted one month after integration.

If the launch of the project requires running costs, the Proposal Owner can take a loan or run the project with his own funds, thereby assuming the risks, and if successful, he will receive a reward from the Dash budget.

Yep, agree with the above and happy for the DIF to provide that service.

On 3 May 2017 dash price hit 491.21 USD, though you wouldn't know it by looking at the Vaultoro proposal:

Vaultoro to implement DASH

I have no idea why Dash Central lists the proposed amount in today's dollar value, surely for reasons of posterity the price should be frozen on pay day? Back then, the Proposal Owner "MoKa" would of been expecting approximately 4 payments at 27600 USD per month (69 dash x 400 USD). The price kept dropping but in the planning of this proposal, the PO would not of known this.

Fast forward to today, where is dash on the Vaultoro website?

Dash has almost disappeared. Shall we check out the Crypto Fee Schedule listing bitcoin, ether, chainlink, dai, tether(!), usdc and uniswap?

Or perhaps we should check out the Limits and Fees on Deposit and Withdrawals in Wallet listing bitcoin, ether and litecoin.

Nope, we should confirm the storage fees listing bitcoin, litecoin and either.

But to be really sure, in case we are dealing with bitcoin maxis, we should checkout the helpful pages about cryptocurrencies .... what! bitcoin???

But I give them credit where it's due, they managed to keep the word "dash" in the API docs!

But don't worry, the DAO did a great job with the Vaultoro pre-proposal, 8 participants voting 7:1 in favor!

May 16, 2018 - Pre-proposal launched

By all means scroll down to see my questions and claims of a swindle. Or refer to the comments on the actual proposal page.

How can one person, in the moment, be right when everyone else was bullish? - Welcome to DAO Life.

Take this proposal as a template for numerous failed dash proposals. I would of linked to Dash Nexus or Dash Watch if either of them were still around. And you know, Dash Central survives on donations and is the last man standing. Let's be honest, the dash treasury is shit at sustaining anything long term or worthy. Which is probably why MNOs grant Dash Core Group the vast majority of funds. Who else or what else is there to vote on? MNOs insist not to value the lessons of the past and refuse to make any changes to governance.

Hello again GMD,

'What else is there to vote on?'

Dash Evolution | Marketing the Future

Back