• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Vanity Darkcoin Addresses

Propulsion

The buck stops here.
I forked vanitygen to be able to create Darkcoin addresses.

Source is available here. https://github.com/propulsions/DarkVanityGen.git

I've tested it with some change. Seems to work.
Code:
dumpprivkey Xf1rstPvMsQ84tRGukBRVcv2bBDT1HkZiy

7sPt1Fsi5FPLCRpZJxxbe3NpDsA2aWLun4WA2a7qbZApKbjF7fL

dumpprivkey XcoinB7HPLRcc4CbVSsVkjWq6te3t9WxoL

7qsRF4JN7nbY5esnYPbHSY3dKMiyrnvwDgnQ62gnGN3h3mFFdFd

The gpu version seems to not work unless using 12.x AMD Catalyst Drivers. 13 plus fails.

To use the cpu version simply do:
Code:
./vanitygen -D "Xvan1ty"
To try to create an address that has "van1ty" in it.

Note: I's, O's, and l's(Lower case L's) are incompatible.

That's cool man. I dont know what I am doing with it. Its not child safe, but it a nice development. I' am glad we have one.

Someone swept the addresses.

Date: 5/4/14 22:40
To: XmrYWg41gHJ3KDHsyrAMpxHGDMmTqMDHQ2
Debit: -0.0038 DRK
Transaction fee: -0.001 DRK
Net amount: -0.0048 DRK
Transaction ID: d1af55afdd511d735712fa73c4533607d6a535f24b927f2768f8b65dccf8160d

Someone swept the addresses.

Date: 5/4/14 22:40
To: XmrYWg41gHJ3KDHsyrAMpxHGDMmTqMDHQ2
Debit: -0.0038 DRK
Transaction fee: -0.001 DRK
Net amount: -0.0048 DRK
Transaction ID: d1af55afdd511d735712fa73c4533607d6a535f24b927f2768f8b65dccf8160d
damn that was my idea! :D

A vanity address for darkcoin is funny.
Sounds like a secret agent who uses uniform! :cool:

Did you ever notice this? :grin:

upload_2014-8-9_23-28-27.png

Has anyone got this to work with a Windows binary?

I couldn't get it to run under Kali Linux. Maybe I just need to try a different distro, instead? I'll test it under Ubuntu tomorrow and update my post after I try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would anyone be able to give me a hand trying to compile this? I've had a look myself and this is the first time I've done anything like it.

I tried using

Code:
gcc vanitygen.c -o vanitygen

Not sure if I'm going down the right route here, but got a few errors saying undefined reference. Should I install something first?

I think so. The instruction is on Propulsion's github site the last time he told me. I've been thinking of using visual studio to compile for windows but if you can use gcc that will be great.

Would anyone be able to give me a hand trying to compile this? I've had a look myself and this is the first time I've done anything like it.

I tried using

Code:
gcc vanitygen.c -o vanitygen

Not sure if I'm going down the right route here, but got a few errors saying undefined reference. Should I install something first?
Not sure which OS you are on but on ubuntu you can try this
Code:
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev libpcre3-dev
make

I think so. The instruction is on Propulsion's github site the last time he told me. I've been thinking of using visual studio to compile for windows but if you can use gcc that will be great.

Thanks moli, you're right. I read the README file and saw to use 'make'. I got to stop jumping ahead of myself. :oops:

UdjinM6, cheers mate. Your message popped up when I was writing this reply to moli. It's working through now. How easy is it to get the address that it finds into the wallet on my Windows PC?

Thanks moli, you're right. I read the README file and saw to use 'make'. I got to stop jumping ahead of myself. :oops:

UdjinM6, cheers mate. Your message popped up when I was writing this reply to moli. It's working through now. How easy is it to get the address that it finds into the wallet on my Windows PC?
Did you get it compiled into an .exe file for us?! I can't wait to download your file !!! :smile:
I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. If the .exe file works, it generates a pubkey and privkey for you, all you have to do is import your privkey to your wallet.. (I hope i understood your question right.. )

Did you get it compiled into an .exe file for us?! I can't wait to download your file !!! :smile:
I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. If the .exe file works, it generates a pubkey and privkey for you, all you have to do is import your privkey to your wallet.. (I hope i understood your question right.. )
Ahh, OK. Great. Just need to import private key. Thank you!

And no, no exe. I just ran 'make' to compile it. I've been reading about making an exe however and I'm going to get onto doing that after work. I used the generator on a hosted Ubuntu session and it was pretty slow. If I can get exe working on my windows machine, it has 2 x R9 290X cards in it, that I'm hoping to use to speed things up a bit.

I'll send you link if I get it sorted though.

Back