• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Is anyone still on testnet right now? I'm having issues getting a 12.0.53 wallet syncronized. I have even started fresh from UdjinM6's bootstrap to no avail. I am not seeing any peers giving blocks out passed the latest bootstrap. Seems to be a few different forks going on. Last processed block is 105337.

Is there an addnode that has the current tip?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone still on testnet right now? I'm having issues getting a 12.0.53 wallet syncronized. I have even started fresh from UdjinM6's bootstrap to no avail. I am not seeing any peers giving blocks out passed the latest bootstrap. Seems to be a few different forks going on. Last processed block is 105337.

No blocks were found for ~1 day so it stuck a bit. I'm running internal wallet miner, should be moving now.

EDIT: hmm.. or maybe not. chaintips were different, reindexing...

Last edited by a moderator:

I had my laptop mining on testnet all night the night before last to test a few things, but couldn't get enough hash, had to stop before the laptop got burnt.

No blocks were found for ~1 day so it stuck a bit. I'm running internal wallet miner, should be moving now.

EDIT: hmm.. or maybe not. chaintips were different, reindexing...
Please let me know if you get it moving again I will be leaving a single threaded cpu mining on the wallet to make sure that testnet stays coherent.

Could we get enforcement turned on on testnet? To get rid of some of these v11 nodes that are proping up some of the sporks?

I think we have testnet moving again! anyone able to test sync up and get the longest chain? should be around Block 106033 or more.

But we're not testing. Why would you waste your electricity and wear out your equipment for nothing? :grin:
So that when we start testing things are still working. I dedicate infrastructure to testnet that is always running. I see a lot of value in always having a working testnet and dedicate time and resources to helping keep it that way.

Is there any benefit to adding more masternodes to testnet right now? Or mining? Or should I just wait until Even asks for 12.1 testing? I have a couple of spare servers at the moment.

Is there any benefit to adding more masternodes to testnet right now? Or mining? Or should I just wait until Even asks for 12.1 testing? I have a couple of spare servers at the moment.

No testing needed at this moment, but testnet is always great for self-testing with test_coins, and trying to break things. So feel free to do that !

Breaking things is fun and really helpful :wink:

I want to offer an update of a LevelDB sources that included to dash wallet, because it's not a latest version and contains some issues. But I don't know how to tell about this to developers.

Cheers, that was a lot easier than expected. Debug log grows fast, any idea how much a day? Not risking running it on my VPS just yet, will get familiar with it on the desktop for a while but my home ISP blocks port 9999 and quite likely 19999 too (still downloading at the mo), is it any use to the network running one full time here in that case? And is there an email subscription etc. for notifications to update etc.? Sorry for all the questions :)

Back