• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

thelazier, UdjinM6 and crowning, you guys are awesome and thank you for the quick reply and assistance with this.

After stripping the binaries they all work now. Not sure why I need to strip them, but I'll make sure I do that for now on.

Using move command, result is instant, no tx fees to figure out - didn't actually have to wait 4 minutes before 2nd listaccounts.

Image 003.png

And it it doesn't jeopardize status of your running MNs:

Image 005.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I just thought that MN earnings all in default address facilitates simpler withdrawing (or sharing) of those earnings - kind of works around not having donation feature... I made no never mind about the blockchain.
Ahh, I see.. nope, this way funds are still on the same address for everyone else, it's just your local wallet internal db where you moved it.

Ahh, I see.. nope, this way funds are still on the same address for everyone else, it's just your local wallet internal db where you moved it.
Right. And now when I withdraw them, it will be from the default address, rather than from each of the other addresses.

Right. And now when I withdraw them, it will be from the default address, rather than from each of the other addresses.
On the coin control, if you click on "Select All" it will check mark your earnings and leave your MN inputs alone because the MN inputs are locked, then you can send the total from the Send screen to somewhere else. This is easier for users to do and not going to mess up their MNs.. :)

upload_2015-8-22_7-39-45.png

I would recommend to forget about accounts and do not mess with them at all. It's a depreciated functionality actually and you should never rely on it.
OK,thanks for that. I was under the impression some people used the donation feature to have one address accumulate earnings - I thought this might help do the same. But if it's not safe to use, I will forget about it. (To bad, because it seemed to work quite well)

Edit: I should have said help do similar rather than same.

On the coin control, if you click on "Select All" it will check mark your earnings and leave your MN inputs alone because the MN inputs are locked, then you can send the total from the Send screen to somewhere else. This is easier for users to do and not going to mess up their MNs.. :)

View attachment 1806
Cool, That's first I am aware of After fee: amount... thank you!

OK,thanks for that. I was under the impression some people used the donation feature to have one address accumulate earnings - I thought this might help do the same. But if it's not safe to use, I will forget about it. (To bad, because it seemed to work quite well)
It's safe in terms of keeping funds safe, it's not safe if you build some logic on top of it (cryptocurency exchange for example). And no, it does not work the same way as donation feature and do not accumulate funds on one address because funds do not move on blockchain by moving them between accounts inside your wallet.

It's safe in terms of keeping funds safe, it's not safe if you build some logic on top of it (cryptocurency exchange for example). And no, it does not work the same way as donation feature and do not accumulate funds on one address because funds do not move on blockchain by moving them between accounts inside your wallet.
I understand.

Sorry if it sounded too rude or smth, I felt like you thought that it actually worked so I just wanted to point it out in bold to make it clear. No offense :smile:
You won't offend bertlebbert, he's a nice, easy-going fellow....
He might come back with some other quirky, interesting .bat script and want you to try out again though .... LOL... :grin:

I've been having 5 wallets mixing DS on Testnet. Darksend seems really fast, much better in this version. One wallet got 80% done for target 1200dash/8 rounds within 12.5 hours, that's much faster than before. But it seems DS still has some difficulty to reach the finish line, like in the wallet on the left with 99% completion, I think it's going to get to 100% but very slowly....

upload_2015-8-22_8-38-26.png

Can funds move in the blockchain if you have a shared private key with another wallet ?
Looks like I get confirmations when I do this.

Can funds move in the blockchain if you have a shared private key with another wallet ?
Looks like I get confirmations when I do this.
Sure. You wallet do not have any funds in it. All it has is keys to move funds in blockchain (so to say). So when you share key with another wallet it doesn't matter which wallet will use this key to move funds.

PS. But if we are talking about accounts inside wallet and not priv/pub keys - "move" command do not use private keys, it just change info inside this particular wallet.

Just thinking Dash wallet is really awesome... My testnet wallet is getting paid from a masternode and mining while Darksend is mixing the coins... There's no other coin that can do this... I wish we could mine like this on mainnet though. :smile:

upload_2015-8-23_22-24-0.png

Hello UdjinM6 :)

How do we shut down a masternode without removing it to another address or removing the info from masternode.conf?
"masternode stop" doesn't work.

Thank you!

EDIT: I guess i can just comment out the lines on masternode.conf with #'s.

Back