• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

v0.12.0.30-71c73c1
DS mixing does nothing but sitting idle, after about 5 min idling, now last message is session timed out, no mixing.
Yes. Mine did the same like they were taking time to warm up before a workout.. lol... I think Evan is on it.

But after that they started to roll along and one of my wallets finished anonymizing 800/ 4 rounds.

Yes. Mine did the same like they were taking time to warm up before a workout.. lol... I think Evan is on it.

But after that they started to roll along and one of my wallets finished anonymizing 800/ 4 rounds.
20 min now total idle -> time out -> idle and so on...

v0.12.0.31

Almost:
Version.jpg

moli, could you download the new version and see if it freezes on shutdown? I had to revert an earlier change that fixed that originally, but it doesn't seem to be causing issues anymore.

I think it will come down to whichever offers more upside. Masternode operators will have to concider if destroying the coins is better than the project being proposed. At least it they can't pay themselves with the budget, that would be much worse.

Evan, we need to keep the number of coins within that 10% of rewards or the security and trust in the system will be busted. So, I've been asking for weeks now, but never got an answer, I suppose because nobody wanted to give an answer. We must have a way to check budgets against available (10% max of block rewards) coins. We can't have a super inflationary budget (which is what you'll get) without ruining the stability of the coin! That is, everyone expects a maximum number of coins generated to be under 22 million. We can't mess that up!

Define: donation generation
We're spending more than the blocks should be generating. There is apparently no cap to the superblocks. We should only be allowed to spend 10% of the block rewards, period. And that 10% has to be accountable by having been held back out of the block rewards. Not from the future, but the past.

So our Superblocks will have an inflationary effect - at this time.....
hummm - not good

edit: we can't release that or we'll be attacked and destroyed - ugh
- well, not that bad but - ugh

Yes, the budget system on testnet creates a ton of extra coins. On mainnet it will reduce the total supply, unless we always utilize 100% of the budget money.

On testnet, budgets are paid every 50 blocks so that we have lots of opportunity to test the system, whereas on mainnet it will happen every 16616 blocks.

The question is, Evan, can we go over the budget. Is there a ticker that counts how many coins have been allotted to the proposal system since it started, and a stop gap so that more can not be created? In my opinion, this is required. Or we will spend more, a lot more, than we should. Why? Look at every governing body ever in the world. They always vote to spend more money. The idea for crypto is that we can't do that to ourselves. Unless you believe inflationary economy is a requirement, in which case crypto isn't the way to go. Of course, I think most coins are far to deflationary, but because so many alt coins are out there, I feel that they will be created and used if the constraints of deflation are too strong.

Back