• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Tell it to skip this check
Code:
wget --no-check-certificate https://dashpay.atlassian.net/builds/browse/DASHL-DEV/latest/artifact/JOB1/gitian-linux-dash-dist//dash-0.12.0-linux64.tar.gz
or update certificates
Code:
sudo apt-get install ca-certificates

tried a minimal instal of ubuntu 14 64 bit on a very low end openvz ... giving too much of a headache. Can't get ca-cert, wont even recognize sudo etc. Nuking and installing regular distro.

tried a minimal instal of ubuntu 14 64 bit on a very low end openvz ... giving too much of a headache. Can't get ca-cert, wont even recognize sudo etc. Nuking and installing regular distro.
Of course you need to do

Code:
apt-get install sudo

on a minimal Ubuntu before using it :D

You know, I'm not doing anything except running masternodes, I can start some mixing on my laptop I suppose, but I've been leaving the creation of the projects to you guys (voting when you tell me to). I assume that making proposals just clutters the system, making it harder for you programmers to locate issues. However, if you want us to be stress testing this, please say so. I'm happy to do so :)

New Version - V0.12.0.24

*** If you downloaded 12.0.24 earlier when I posted, please update again, there's a couple extra changes included :) ***

eduffield
- Reprocess best chain for coinbase payee on each block
- Disabled coinpayee cleanup
- Dont ask for mnb of known masternodes
- vesion bump
- Disable nDos on early ping / sync regtest changes
- rebuild index when switching chains
- incremental update of coinbase cache
- Better NewBlock sync check

crowning-
- UI: Persist Darksend+InstantX settings (Cut'n'paste error fixed)
- UI: Persist Darksend+InstantX settings and default to Darksend=false … …

Linux32:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...n-linux-dash-dist//dash-0.12.0-linux32.tar.gz

Linux64:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...n-linux-dash-dist//dash-0.12.0-linux64.tar.gz

Mac:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...n-osx-dash-dist//dash-0.12.0-osx-unsigned.dmg

Win32:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...1/gitian-win-dash-dist//dash-0.12.0-win32.zip

Win64:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...1/gitian-win-dash-dist//dash-0.12.0-win64.zip

is there anything we should do for testing? I don't want to clutter proposals, but if that's what needs to be done, I'm happy to do it. Or is running MN and mixing enough?

is there anything we should do for testing? I don't want to clutter proposals, but if that's what needs to be done, I'm happy to do it. Or is running MN and mixing enough?

Running a masternode is great, so is mixing. If you want to test the proposal system, you could try adding a proposal and make sure it's doing exactly what it's designed to do. Flare alread spammed the system, so we know it can take that . We just need to make sure it does what's it's suppose to do at this point. So you could test adding a proposal, lobbying for votes, after you get 10% it should appear in "mnfinalbudget show", then you should start receiving payments. Let me know if you need any more info :wink:

Is anyone having trouble keeping masternodes online? I saw 20 masternodes drop off the network a bit ago, but I haven't had any trouble myself.

I had to turn my vps off, and I still haven't restarted my desktop one, but that's just 2 ... nothing to do with the network, everything to do with messing with my VPS. Which brings me to a question. Somehow, one of my VPS wallets turned off, I probably accidentally did it. But when I started it back up, it reindexed - knowing me, that could still somehow been my fault. Here is my question:

My MN went off line when it was due for a payment. It was trying to restart and index when I got a payment (thank god I didn't lose my payment!) So my question is, if my masternode is not online, not actually working, what happens to the work it was supposed to do? Does it fail and have to wait for the next block?

I had to turn my vps off, and I still haven't restarted my desktop one, but that's just 2 ... nothing to do with the network, everything to do with messing with my VPS. Which brings me to a question. Somehow, one of my VPS wallets turned off, I probably accidentally did it. But when I started it back up, it reindexed - knowing me, that could still somehow been my fault. Here is my question:

My MN went off line when it was due for a payment. It was trying to restart and index when I got a payment (thank god I didn't lose my payment!) So my question is, if my masternode is not online, not actually working, what happens to the work it was supposed to do? Does it fail and have to wait for the next block?
If your MN was in the middle of mixing someone's funds the DS just fails for them. If it was your turn to lock IX together with another 19 MNs and you didn't respond - congratulations, you just got PoSe score! :grin:

Maybe I got away with it ;P I still have a score of 0 according to Dash Ninja, LOL. Ok. Well, hopefully, no real harm done. I wanted to consolidate my masternodes to one server. That one server has 2 ip addresses paid for, but I'm missing the second one. Since it's time to pay again, I closed the other server down. So until they wake up and help me, I don't have one masternode online. I'm wondering if I will need a new private key if it's been down some time (several hours) when I change the server and IP address?

Fantastic, I don't have to mess around with jump drives then 'cause I use one machine to.... ah well, basically, I use 2 machines, and that means transferring info, LOL. Pain in the butt. I'm just paranoid...

v0.12.0.24-e6327e5
InstantX test, not so instant, already 10 min stuck and counting...
Edit: total stuck time about 11 min, then 1 confimation.

ixstuck.png

It's just I'm the kind of ding bat that would do that over and over again ;P Also, it could be that my tMN was up to do the job, and I just closed that VPS. So it could be all my fault :confused:

This is not a good evening for me. I've been arguing on BCT and then I accidentally shut down the wrong VPS, LOL, now I have no masternodes running on main net, LOL. I'm so ready to call it a day, UGH!

Back