• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

That's strange. I've been running a tMasternode all this time on a server using the daemon, and had no problems. I just tried updating to the latest version, and I got this:

not capable masternode: Can't detect external address. Please use the Masternodeaddr configuration option.

Edit: I went straight to masternode debug to see if my masternode would automatically start, and seeing that ^^^ figured there was something wrong with my MN not having a single 1000 entry anymore. Despite that notice, though, my masternode started when I did dash-cli masternode start. So it didn't start automatically, but it did start :)

Masternode status info command works great. (we have 17 nodes so far)
come on, mix my 1.2k at 8 rounds of darksend to 100% by the morning, dudes and dudesss! :grin:

And 10 / 10 instantX success rate,
Evan and Udjin may have hit the sweet spot this time :cool:

View attachment 1497
I agree, just tried several IX's, all worked. We are getting there! This testing thing is pretty fun...

Another newb question: Can I add this TestNet dash-cli to my mainnet VPS's in preparation for release? If so, where should it be, in the root or user folder?

Is this your first time testing, Tao? I think you'd need to make another user so that you can change the .dash folder to testnet. Unless you want to shut your working MN down to run the testnet one? It's kind of the easier way to do it. Make another user, and set it up like usual. You'll be using a different port so they shouldn't have a problem sharing iP addresses :)

Have to admit that v 12.0.4 looks quite cuty ;)
Have someone tested budgeting on this version??

Is this your first time testing, Tao? I think you'd need to make another user so that you can change the .dash folder to testnet. Unless you want to shut your working MN down to run the testnet one? It's kind of the easier way to do it. Make another user, and set it up like usual. You'll be using a different port so they shouldn't have a problem sharing iP addresses :)
Yes it is my first time testing thoroughly, thanks. I've just dabbled in it, previously. I spend too much time on Twitter with the Dash PR Initiative.

I'm just talking about the "dash-cli" program specifically, I don't want to test wallets on my VPS's. Is this "dash-cli" program the same one that we will be using on mainnet? If so, and I want it to work correctly, I just put it in the user folder?

Tao yes the same folder as dashd
you start the client with dashd the rest of all commands etc with dash-cli

eduffield UdjinM6 - One of my wallets has "Conflicted Darksend Denominates":

upload_2015-6-24_22-5-50.png

EDIT1: UdjinM6 - A second wallet also has a Conflicted DS Denominate, and crowning, -reindex from "Wallet Repair" crashed both of my wallets when I tried using it. (windows 32bit).

EDIT2: crowning - Found my error. I had "-listen=0" in the shortcut target and that was why I couldn't use reindex. Removed that and it worked.

EDIT3: crowning - Actually, I just looked at my wallet and the conflicted tx's were still there, -reindex didn't solve (because I guess it wasn't the right tool). So, I used -zapwallettxes and that solved it. Now I'm guessing I found why my wallet crashed when using -zapwallettxes the other day, it's "-listen=0".

EDIT4: crowning - Sorry to bother you again. But I think all these problems are windows problems. After I got that wallet fixed, I closed it. (And i put "-listen=0" back on). Then I tried to open two wallets (on the same computer), they both stopped syncing.. I used reindex button again, it started the process but didn't sync through. I then deleted Dash-QT Testnet in the registry, restarted and reindexed again and they went fine. So I think your reindex and zap buttons work fine, it's not the ports that cause problems like i thought, it's just windows that needs some adjustment, unless you can do magic that no matter how bad windows is, your buttons can bend it.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please update -- v0.12.0.4 (version wasn't bumped correctly)
Edit:

- Removed PoSe due to consensus issues - eduffield
  • With nodes coming and going on the network, the network could come to different opinions about who should get paid next in line due to some nodes being flagged as failing a PoSe check. This will have to be fixed by introducing a blockchain based PoSe system, but that's out of the scope of this release. To fix the issues in the interrim, I'm removing PoSe checks for the time being.
/Edit

With the PoSe removed, will people be able to trick the system? Or is it just going to create a few more incidences of DS mixing not going through (and when it's the MN fault, do the wallet owners get fined a fee?)

I hear from the chinese community:
12.0.4 may be still using the old name in Chinese
暗黑币=Darkcoin
but not
达世币=Dash
Can somebody PLEASE fix that ?! or make sure we do not launch v12 with the wrong name !!
Tx
npq62Yn.jpg

not capable masternode: Can't detect external address. Please use the Masternodeaddr configuration option.
I get that error when not set to listen=1 in config (using a hot/cold setup in one that is)

Mixing upto 27% with no problems so far.
Masternode has had 3 payments in 10 hours :grin:

Testing the masternode enforcement spork, seems to be working OK!

Edit: Something looks buggy, investigating

I hear from the chinese community:
12.0.4 may be still using the old name in Chinese
暗黑币=Darkcoin
but not
达世币=Dash
Can somebody PLEASE fix that ?! or make sure we do not launch v12 with the wrong name !!
Tx
npq62Yn.jpg

We actually need to refresh translations for all languages. I guess now strings are more or less stabilized and we can start this.
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/385
I'm not sure how well will transifex accept new strings so will backup current state of translations first and upload new en source shortly after.
I'll make an announcement once it's ready to go to translators.

EDIT:
Well, it seems like transifex hugely improved their suggestion engine so I guess we are ready to go without anything else from me needed!

Join translations everyone! :grin:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/dash/

We actually need to refresh translations for all languages. I guess now strings are more or less stabilized and we can start this.
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/385
I'm not sure how well will transifex accept new strings so will backup current state of translations first and upload new en source shortly after.
I'll make an announcement once it's ready to go to translators.

EDIT:
Well, it seems like transifex hugely improved their suggestion engine so I guess we are ready to go without anything else from me needed!

Join translations everyone! :grin:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/dash/

https://twitter.com/TaoOfSatoshi/status/614093409649717249?s=09

BUT wait! Hold on to your seat, we're not quite there yet! Because I want to send Udjin 50 dash and it says I can't...

upload_2015-6-25_15-21-16.png

There's a 100 dollar bill dash amount that DS can't break!

upload_2015-6-25_15-22-3.png

I just noticed latest block 73397 is over 3 hours ago?

Edit: Now we're recent again :smile:

Back