• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Offtopic but there are some problems with masternode payments on mainnet.
Some blocks don't have masternode payment and one of my nodes was payed ahead of time (not complaining :grin:) but to the masternode address instead of the donation address.
Enforcement seems to be on so... some exploit or problems with the reference node?

Apologies if this has already been explained, but why is it that I have a Darksend Balance of 402 tDASH, and I cannot send 20 tDASH through Darksend? Pop-up says cannot find enough Darksend denominated funds for the transaction. O RLY? 402 is not enough to pay 20? Other than that things are going swimmingly...

Fix is on it's way (I hope) - I just sent one http://test.explorer.dashninja.pl/t...995c7764d2a90263aa6857e4e0f834a78b1ee9afb61ba and it went fine. Still testing to make sure. I need more txes: please send some ix to yAUTpqhxrp311S5U2hAMugkmT4ZaRzi8jM, ds to y6MQVh3qyQAvmsFk6ph9xMZjRwz8zmPVY8 and some general txes to
yCNBKe6nXL9SeSKbEhR3E9j7mn2JWnAeFK. Also please keep mixing :)

I need some sleep now but will leave my wallet open and mixing and will check if I can send ds+ix again before pushing PR to repo in the morning when I get up :)
No joy with the InstantX transactions anymore. One Darksend went through, and now I can't send another, see post above.

Dev Team : pls check this link on bitcointalk :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg11682039#msg11682039
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?XxDotRpSDzgyAkx3jHkLZD8YYZRwbcjmmA.htm

Ah okay. We have the same problem.
The problem is with the fake one payment. He can fake the whole tx-out.
Edit....
The problem is variable "payee". The string is compared incorrect. (main.cpp)

This person gets paid a lot since today, can we fix this exploit on mainnet ? and maybe reply to the post on bitcointalk ?

eduffield

Extra info from bitcointalkforum with regards to https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?XxDotRpSDzgyAkx3jHkLZD8YYZRwbcjmmA.htm exploit on mainnet :
Thanks..
I've add this...main.cpp 2763

Code:
if (!fIsInitialDownload && pindex != NULL)
                {
                    bool foundPaymentAmount = false;
                    bool foundPayee = false;
                    bool foundPaymentAndPayee = false;
                    CScript payee;
                    if(!masternodePayments.GetBlockPayee(chainActive.Tip()->nHeight+1, payee) || payee == CScript()){
                    //////////////////////  Limxdev 02.06.2015
                                         AssertLockHeld(cs_main);
                    // Check for duplicate
                    uint256 hash = block.GetHash();
                    //if (mapBlockIndex.count(hash))
                    //return state.Invalid(error("AcceptBlock() : block already in mapBlockIndex"), 0, "duplicate");
                    // Get prev block index
                    CBlockIndex* pindexPrev = NULL;
                    int nHeight = 0;
                    if (hash != Params().HashGenesisBlock()) {
                    map<uint256, CBlockIndex*>::iterator mi = mapBlockIndex.find(block.hashPrevBlock);
                    //if (mi == mapBlockIndex.end())
                    //return state.DoS(10, error("AcceptBlock() : prev block not found"), 0, "bad-prevblk");
                    pindexPrev = (*mi).second;
                    nHeight = pindexPrev->nHeight+1;

////////////////////////// nheight Funktion Ende
                        foundPayee = true; //doesn't require a specific payee
                        foundPaymentAmount = true;
                        if (nHeight >= 99000){
                        //Limxdev 31-05-2015 Limx proof of payment
                        int64_t sollreward = 1000000000;
                        int64_t blockpowreward = 4900000000;// + nFees; later
                        int64_t maxsumm = 5900000000;// + nFees; later
                        int64_t maxsumm2 = hardblockpowreward + masternodePaymentAmount;
                        if(hardblockpowreward >= 4000000000 && masternodePaymentAmount >= sollreward && blockpowreward > hardblockpowreward && maxsumm > maxsumm2) //write by Limxdev 02-06-2015
                            foundPaymentAndPayee = true;

LogPrintf("## Limx proof of payment ## CheckBlock() : Using non-specific masternode payments %d\n", chainActive.Tip()->nHeight+1);
                        } else
                            {
                            if (nHeight < 97250) LogPrintf("Disable## Limx proof of payment activate 97250 ## nHeight = %d\n", nHeight);
                            foundPaymentAndPayee = true;
                            }
                    }

He broke it in 5 days.
smiley.gif
He has shared his payments and set the masternodepayment in the right tx out array.

Limx Dev

It's nice to have people looking into our code however this specific code changes are useless, our code is ok here. It's just ref node went down for some reason and eduffield already started it again so we should be good now.

PS. yep, masternode winners list started to fill up.

So the reference node going down allowed this guy to inject himself into the masternode winners list?

PS. yep, masternode winners list started to fill up.

I understand its random and based on the oldest unpaid, but is there any way of knowing who is most likely to get the next masternode payment by checking the blockchain or debug somehow ?

I understand its random and based on the oldest unpaid, but is there any way of knowing who is most likely to get the next masternode payment by checking the blockchain or debug somehow ?
Run this in debug console and you'll get payees for +-10 blocks
Code:
masternode winners

So the reference node going down allowed this guy to inject himself into the masternode winners list?
not exactly, with reference node down there is no winners list so network doesn't know which MN to pay to and allow whatever it is (but not greater then block reward itself based on current diff)

So, I'm using Dash Core version v0.12.0.2-dddc095 (32-bit) and have my wallet up as a masternode but have not received a payment in 24 hours. Anyone else with this problem?

Although I posted that I couldn't update when Evan posted new binaries yesterday, I actually did update before going out the door, so I believe I've been on the latest versions the whole time??

My linux tMN has been receiving payments no problem.

Is there something wrong with my masternode private key?
93JQtSz5tub7N5CLqeRkwpFyh6MLN8tc9huNJNKvS8Adp8HTACN

Well, anyway, I've generated a new key, we'll see if that helps in a few hours ;)

More info: Masternode was started successfully, debug said it was started successfully, and when i generated a new key, and checked everything, I didn't have 1000 coins in a single address, it was down to 994 or something like that. I have no idea how that happened? I've made a new address, and sent 1000 coins to it, and hopefully that will be the end of that :)

And debug.log shows nothing. I'm running my testnet masternode hot with only the dash.conf file, set up the old fashion way. Do we need to do it with a masternode.conf file?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies if this has already been explained, but why is it that I have a Darksend Balance of 402 tDASH, and I cannot send 20 tDASH through Darksend? Pop-up says cannot find enough Darksend denominated funds for the transaction. O RLY? 402 is not enough to pay 20? Other than that things are going swimmingly...
I have the same problem. Hopefully the new version will solve this....

I have the same problem. Hopefully the new version will solve this....

I had same problem and worked around it by going into settings/options, then reducing "Darksend rounds to use" to 2 and reducing "Amount to keep anonymized" to ridiculously low amount... then I was able to Darksend available tDash

So, I'm using Dash Core version v0.12.0.2-dddc095 (32-bit) and have my wallet up as a masternode but have not received a payment in 24 hours. Anyone else with this problem?

Although I posted that I couldn't update when Evan posted new binaries yesterday, I actually did update before going out the door, so I believe I've been on the latest versions the whole time??

My linux tMN has been receiving payments no problem.

Is there something wrong with my masternode private key?
93JQtSz5tub7N5CLqeRkwpFyh6MLN8tc9huNJNKvS8Adp8HTACN

Well, anyway, I've generated a new key, we'll see if that helps in a few hours ;)

More info: Masternode was started successfully, debug said it was started successfully, and when i generated a new key, and checked everything, I didn't have 1000 coins in a single address, it was down to 994 or something like that. I have no idea how that happened? I've made a new address, and sent 1000 coins to it, and hopefully that will be the end of that :)

And debug.log shows nothing. I'm running my testnet masternode hot with only the dash.conf file, set up the old fashion way. Do we need to do it with a masternode.conf file?

I had same problem the other day, no payments to MN on Win32 wallet... I had previously added -server switch to my desktop shortcut when playing with mnbudget commands. It may be coincidence, but removing it seemed to help. Maybe you did the same when trying mnbudget?

Offtopic but there are some problems with masternode payments on mainnet.
Some blocks don't have masternode payment and one of my nodes was payed ahead of time (not complaining :grin:) but to the masternode address instead of the donation address.
Enforcement seems to be on so... some exploit or problems with the reference node?

It's fixed, my host rebooted the server with the reference node. I guess I should have it auto start on boot.

Back