• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Release

I finally had 2 nodes paid today after a 7-9 day dry streak. Hopefully that means the rest will be too.

I just wanted to comment the DS mixing in v12 is significantly faster. Also, it used to get stuck a lot in v11 (Mac OS) and require a close and reopen every couple hours. This seems to be fixed. Thanks all.

Sometimes it says "failed" but if you just let it sit for a while, it syncs again. But if it doesn't, shut it down, delete the peers.dat and try to run it again.
Did try that (delate the peers.dat file ) but still it freezes up stuck on 100% sync budgets now for an hour :what:

Did try that (delate the peers.dat file ) but still it freezes up stuck on 100% sync budgets now for an hour :what:
Hmm.. I use win32 and 64. I've noticed the wallet kinda hangs on for about 30 seconds when it gets budgets synced 100% but it doesn't freeze...
Maybe you should wait for UdjinM6 and save the debug.log. :sad:

I just got another v.11 wallet synced with v.12.0.47 client. This wallet has many DS denominate transactions. I know txindex=1 is default in the software but I still put txindex=1 in dash.conf, and ran the wallet with -reindex. It synced fine in win32.

For now, when we got rid of reference node, will Evan turn off the enforcement on every update (here goes fud about centralization blah blah blah)? Are there ways to avoid that?

For now, when we got rid of reference node, will Evan turn off the enforcement on every update (here goes fud about centralization blah blah blah)? Are there ways to avoid that?

At some point the system will be automated - gonna take time...

Quick question. Is there a significant network load by running a masternode list command every 2 minutes?

I am thinking of a way to detect if masternodes are running and then send an email when one drops off.

Quick question. Is there a significant network load by running a masternode list command every 2 minutes?

I am thinking of a way to detect if masternodes are running and then send an email when one drops off.

"masternode list" is just parsing a local file on disk, it shouldn't affect network traffic. You could always do a test. let it run for an hour and look at a stats graph on your VPS control panel.

can someone please explain like im 5 how to upgrade masternode from 11.. to 12.. I am using vultr VPS and i followed Taos guide to deploy the MN.

Any way i need help upgrading to 12.. can someone please explain how i need to go about doing this. Im not very confident with linux so go easy. thanks guys.

can someone please explain like im 5 how to upgrade masternode from 11.. to 12.. I am using vultr VPS and i followed Taos guide to deploy the MN.

Any way i need help upgrading to 12.. can someone please explain how i need to go about doing this. Im not very confident with linux so go easy. thanks guys.
Sure.
Open a terminal and copy this:

./dash-cli stop
wget https://www.dashpay.io/binaries/dash-0.12.0.47-linux64.tar.gz -O - | tar -xz --overwrite --no-anchored dashd dash-cli --transform='s/.*\///'
rm .dash/debug.log .dash/peers.dat .dash/mncache.dat
./dashd --reindex && sleep 25 && ./dash-cli getinfo

and paste (usually right click) and hit enter key. Indexing takes about 15 minutes. From your local wallet(after new dash-qt is installed) open the debug console, then run masternode start-alias 1 (or masternode start) password.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 4 and a half, can't help you with it but maybe this guide can help you:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8880140
This guide moli linked to is complete and will help you learn some Linux commands too. Look at that, I even have comment about the masternode list command, so honored.

Version 11, I think, could be stopped by both dashd stop or dash-cli stop. New releases will require the dash-cli stop command. Might want to run the first line separately to make sure it is correct.

V12 Update

Everything looks stable now, so we're locking down v12 development and moving on to v12.1 We'll be making announcements soon about the direction of the project. I'm currently doing a lot of research so it could take a bit.

- 12.0.47 has resolved most of the issues that we were having with CPU load and consensus of masternode payment winners
- It's also really nice to see CPU usage and bandwidth are both much lower than v11

A note on queue reset:

When a masternode joins the network it gets in the queue, then waits, usually a few days for a payment. However, what would happen if you dropped out of the masternode list and then rejoined 5 days later? You would receive your payment in about 15 minutes.

To stop this type of attack, whenever you join the masternode pool, you will automatically move to the back of the list. This means that you shouldn't do a cold "masternode start" unless you're trying to bring a specific masternode back online.

This also has a couple nice side effects:
- When people do a mass start-many, they are giving up privacy because their masternodes can be grouped by the signature times. So we will increase the privacy of anyone using start-many frequently.
- SigTime is also intended to represent when the masternode first joined the masternode pool. This will allow us to better determine the average uptime of the masternodes and their level of service.

I think that was the 'smoothest' update we ever had !
Congrats again to the Dev and Testing Team
you guys really did it this time !

Beep Beep
(my translation of coding)

This guide moli linked to is complete and will help you learn some Linux commands too. Look at that, I even have comment about the masternode list command, so honored.

Version 11, I think, could be stopped by both dashd stop or dash-cli stop. New releases will require the dash-cli stop command. Might want to run the first line separately to make sure it is correct.
Thanks to tungfa 's long hours and hard work in collecting and compiling the help guides on wiki. Also thanks to everyone's effort in sharing and helping each other. And thank you also for your help with newbies. I am not a linux person but I've tried my best in volunteering with anything i can. :)

"masternode list" is just parsing a local file on disk, it shouldn't affect network traffic. You could always do a test. let it run for an hour and look at a stats graph on your VPS control panel.

Thanks. This is what I have been working on. It runs and seems to work without any traffic on my server. Basically, it counts your masternodes every 2 minutes. If the count of enabled masternodes with your IPs is how many you set, it prints ok. If one is missing or it doesn't get a response it prints not ok, sends you an email, and quits. There is a lot more elegant way to do this(maybe replace true with the if[...], but I know this works.

#install with: sudo apt-get install screen ssmtp
#Set mail server settings: sudo nano /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf
#edit following lines with your email login and server settings.
#mailhub=server.com:587
#hostname=DASH.net
#AuthUser=[email protected]
#AuthPass=password
#UserSTARTTLS=YES
#change the $count -eq 2 to $count -eq (number of masternodes)
#m.txt is a file that says masternode down
#this file is saved as mnemail.sh
#run with: screen -dm ./mnemail.sh
#
while true; do
count=$(/home/dash/dash-cli masternodelist full | grep -E '22.11.22.22|11.11.111.22' | grep -c ENABLED)
if [ $count -eq 2 ]
then
echo "ok"
sleep 120
else
echo "not ok"
ssmtp [email protected] < /home/dash/m.txt
exit
fi
done

Thanks. This is what I have been working on. It runs and seems to work without any traffic on my server. Basically, it counts your masternodes every 2 minutes. If the count of enabled masternodes with your IPs is how many you set, it prints ok. If one is missing or it doesn't get a response it prints not ok, sends you an email, and quits. There is a lot more elegant way to do this(maybe replace true with the if[...], but I know this works.

#hostname=DASH.net
#AuthPass=password
#UserSTARTTLS=YES
#
while true; do
count=$(/home/dash/dash-cli masternodelist full | grep -E '22.11.22.22|11.11.111.22' | grep -c ENABLED)
if [ $count -eq 2 ]
then
echo "ok"
sleep 120
else
echo "not ok"
exit
fi
done
tungfa is going to snatch this and put it on wiki... :)

#hostname=DASH.net
#AuthPass=password
#UserSTARTTLS=YES
#
while true; do
if [ $count -eq 2 ]
then
echo "ok"
sleep 120
else
echo "not ok"
exit
fi
done

great
happy to put it up