• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Release

I might just be having a retard moment here but i cant seem to get the new qt to open when I try to open this comes up:
View attachment 1797

and when I search for an application nothing is found :p

View attachment 1798

what am I doing wrong ?

Edit: Im running 32bit and thats what I downloaded, tryed to download again just to be super shure
see post 533 (2 pages back) from crowning, could be related

Edit : damn, I got ninja'ed :grin:

Thanks crowning for your tip , Im shure It works fine but I cant use the terminal that well (all kinds of silly things happen like arrowkeys turn into ABCD and such) So I tryed just doing it on the desktop what is the file type? Course it just opens in the text editior when i open it
4.PNG

Thanks crowning for your tip , Im shure It works fine but I cant use the terminal that well (all kinds of silly things happen like arrowkeys turn into ABCD and such) So I tryed just doing it on the desktop what is the file type? Course it just opens in the text editior when i open itView attachment 1799

The follow works for me:
-drag 'bin' folder to desktop
-open terminal (ctrl t)
-in terminal go to bin directory on your desktop from step 1 this is done using the following command
cd Desktop/bin​
Now run the dash qt using this command
./dash-qt​

I know you can normally just double click the icon but if you get that error message your getting this will work.
*edit removed extra quote

Last edited:
If I am not completely mistaken, the latest bootstrap file is already reindexed?, just start the daemon up.

Even with the bootstrap, the daemon still needs to process the whole blockchain from scratch, and this procedure uses MORE than 256MB of ram. Try as I might, I could not find a way to get around it. Even though a fully synced V12 node may use less than 256MB on average, there is something about the reindex that eats up memory resources. My conclusion is that a VPS which is strictly limited to 256MB probably will not be able to get V12 to run.

As soon as I upgraded the VPS to 512MB, everything has been smooth sailing.

So if your VPS total memory with swap is only 256MB and you're wondering why you can't sync on V12, the limitation is probably the memory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, seems we're finally finding out the answer to that one.
https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-release.5888/page-29#post-64451

I held off as long as I could before purchasing the extra memory for my nodes. Even though I missed payments due to my masternodes being offline for over a week, I figured it was a sort of public service to confirm this. I tried with both 256MB+ no swap and 128MB+128MB swap VPSs from different providers. Neither type was able to sync.

The follow works for me:
-drag 'bin' folder to desktop
-open terminal (ctrl t)
-in terminal go to bin directory on your desktop from step 1 this is done using the following command
cd Desktop/bin​
Now run the dash qt using this command
./dash-qt​

I know you can normally just double click the icon but if you get that error message your getting this will work.
*edit removed extra quote

Thanks this worked for me :D
But dont see why this extra step is necessary, something the devs can fix in 2 minutes im guessing :p

Bridgewater yah, already a while back it looked like I was using over 300mb of ram - hitting hard in the "red zone" of my provider's chart, so I up'd mine to 512 each and never had issue again.

Question please? Do masternodes mix as many denominations as available, or only one denomination at a time? Also, is each mixing session limited to 3 inputs, or is that simply a minimum?

If we're only mixing 1 denomination at a time, and only with 3 inputs as a rule, can we change that to provide faster mixing?

Later, when there is a lot of demand and constant use, could there be more than one winners list, with several masternodes mixing at the same time (and sharing the rewards?) I'm just thinking about how it all scales for the future.

I would think if each winning masternode mixed all denominations requested that had at least 3 inputs then this could scale pretty well. Is that how it works now?

Bridgewater yah, already a while back it looked like I was using over 300mb of ram - hitting hard in the "red zone" of my provider's chart, so I up'd mine to 512 each and never had issue again.

Question please? Do masternodes mix as many denominations as available, or only one denomination at a time? Also, is each mixing session limited to 3 inputs, or is that simply a minimum?

If we're only mixing 1 denomination at a time, and only with 3 inputs as a rule, can we change that to provide faster mixing?

Later, when there is a lot of demand and constant use, could there be more than one winners list, with several masternodes mixing at the same time (and sharing the rewards?) I'm just thinking about how it all scales for the future.

I would think if each winning masternode mixed all denominations requested that had at least 3 inputs then this could scale pretty well. Is that how it works now?
1 denomination at a time, 3 participants minimum, any masternode not only the one that is current winner.
We already tested simultaneous mixing on testnet, didn't work well but mostly because of forks testnet had I believe. We can surely mix many sessions per block it just need more testing imo.

Here's some performance charts from my masternode.
I've got 1GB of Ram assigned to this VM.
Any guesses when I upgraded?

upload_2015-8-21_20-22-27.png

upload_2015-8-21_20-23-44.png

1 denomination at a time, 3 participants minimum, any masternode not only the one that is current winner.
We already tested simultaneous mixing on testnet, didn't work well but mostly because of forks testnet had I believe. We can surely mix many sessions per block it just need more testing imo.

Cool, I can see that strengthening the system is something we'll continuously be doing, which is great. IMO, we have plenty of time to improve :)

Thanks crowning for your tip , Im shure It works fine but I cant use the terminal that well (all kinds of silly things happen like arrowkeys turn into ABCD and such) So I tryed just doing it on the desktop what is the file type? Course it just opens in the text editior when i open it

Sorry, my fault, the newly created file needs to have the extension .desktop and must be made executable.

I've fixed my original posting, see https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-release.5888/page-27#post-64331

Thanks this worked for me :D
But dont see why this extra step is necessary, something the devs can fix in 2 minutes im guessing :p
I agree.. it's usually only when the update first comes out though. Try download again in a few days maybe. :) also, just fyi, press up arrow key when terminal open and u can re use previous commands. :)

UdjinM6

Some translations bugs.

1. Critical one: User can NOT select English GUI language anymore ! There is no English at all !

2. Syncbar additional data string is not translated.

3. New sync messages which is all ready translated, but not used:

-Synchronizing sporks...
-Synchronizing masternodes...
-Synchronizing masternode winners...
-Synchronizing budgets...

Right now we have 76.6% of the blocks getting paid correctly via version 12 (with 95% on latest version 0.12.0.47) and we have still some 16.2% on version 11 and 7.2% on unknown version. Those 16.2% and 7.2% don't seem to move much.

Are we still waiting on those 16.2% and 7.2% to change to correct version before getting enforcement back on or are we waiting on something else ? Im just curious what we are waiting for right now with regards to putting enforcement back on...

Back