• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12.1 Testnet Launch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is "crazy"... all 2k @ 8 rounds

1 hour mark.

Wallet 1 - 8%
Wallet 2 - 17%
Wallet 3 - 47%
Wow, that is fast, i have to try 2 rounds...

Edit: maybe later, there is/was only 4-6 compatible masternodes...

Last edited:
Wow, that is fast, i have to try 2 rounds...

I think it could even be faster if my internet was not so damn dodgy where I'm at... old ADSL that changes IP every 6 hours and the router has more brain-damage than a monero troll.

All 3 wallets had unconfirmed tx, wallet 1 and 2 for about an hour ... dammit. -zapwallettxes and off they go again

Restarting the wallet now shows

Wallet 1 - 11%
Wallet 2 - 11%
Wallet 3 - 23%

This makes more sense. But Wallet 3 was showing 48% when I closed it, and only 1 unconfirmed tx.

WTF... nice port :eek: ?
Edit: added ping to @UdjinM6

port.png

Last edited:
So I'm trying to get started on testnet...I changed dash.conf to include "testnet=1" and the client loads just fine and says [testnet]. But then once qt loads, I get "No block source available 2 years and 17 weeks behind." Wasn't testnet just reset with a new genesis block? Why is it looking for something that's 2 years 17 weeks old?

Do I need to add some peers to my dash.conf file?

So I'm trying to get started on testnet...I changed dash.conf to include "testnet=1" and the client loads just fine and says [testnet]. But then once qt loads, I get "No block source available 2 years and 17 weeks behind." Wasn't testnet just reset with a new genesis block? Why is it looking for something that's 2 years 17 weeks old?

I waited some 30 seconds only and it was OK

Normal client wallet, no masternode, i use shortcut in win7, like this:

F:\Dash_testing\dash-qt.exe -datadir=F:\Dash_testing -testnet -listen=0 -windowtitle="Testwallet 1 - Win7x64"

and masternode and dash.conf both empty.

I would like to test the Trezor support, I've seen many people ask for that, but I can't figure out what version of Dash-Electrum to run, or where to get it (I can only find 2.4.1). Does anyone have a link to a binary or instructions? Thx :)

WTF... nice port :eek: ?
Edit: added ping to @UdjinM6

View attachment 2459
testnet default port is 19999 but testnet allows to use any other port but 9999
mainnet allows only 9999
EDIT: that's an old one btw and it was there to provide an easy way to simulate many nodes without wasting too many resources (testnet nodes should require a lot less memory/bandwidth)

Yes, testnet was reset, but we didn't create a new genesis block - it is still one mined at 2014-01-25 --> https://test.explorer.dash.org/bloc...75e2ec92894837288a481e5c005f6563d91623bf8bc2c

Normally the client should find peers by itself after some minutes, if you still have problems you can add the masternodes available: https://test.dashninja.pl/masternodes.html#mnlistdetail

I would like to test the Trezor support, I've seen many people ask for that, but I can't figure out what version of Dash-Electrum to run, or where to get it (I can only find 2.4.1). Does anyone have a link to a binary or instructions? Thx :)
If you feel adventurous: Here is a rough-cut Windows binary: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...fact/JOB1/electrum-dash.exe/electrum-dash.exe

I am still in the process of creating proper packages :)

Ensure that you are connecting to electrum.drk.siampm.com, as Masternode/Trezor functionality needs a updated server :)

Instructions should be here --> https://github.com/dashpay/electrum-dash/blob/develop/docs/masternodes.md

Please mix your funds when testing so that we can see how fast it can be.

And are there some testnet compatible smartphone wallets?

Last edited:
@TanteStefana I doubt daemon can have or needs some console interaction - it's daemon after all. More than that, I'd like to note that it doesn't require rpcuser and rpcpassword anymore so non-mn users can start using daemon without any setup and for mn users it's as simple as adding 2 lines to a text file - "masternodeprivkey=blablabla" and "masternode=1". Not such a difficult task imo. Next, I think hot masternode setup should go away completely one day and the earlier the better, there should be no setup like that where nodes with $$ are online 24/7 imo. So I'd actually cut that out from our code rather than start wrapping things to make it nice and easy. As for gui part for masternode.conf and hotcold setup - I agree that's a field for improvement :)

OK so I'm confused, Evan's post mentioned Sentinel, so is it or is it not part of 12.1?

Thanks guys :).

Pablo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back