• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.9.x Help test RC2 forking issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure I am getting orphans because my solo rig works on a fork. Looks like we will be able to reproduce the issue. I think.

I am pretty sure I am getting orphans because my solo rig works on a fork. Looks like we will be able to reproduce the issue. I think.
Orphaned blocks were not the issue of RC3 launch - actually they were expected. Outdated miners are supposed to create local forks, but as long as they do not get the majority of hashpower in the network these forks will get orphaned.

Orphaned blocks were not the issue of RC3 launch - actually they were expected. Outdated miners are supposed to create local forks, but as long as they do not get the majority of hashpower in the network these forks will get orphaned.
so versioni: v0.10.8.11-unk-beta should create a local fork?

so versioni: v0.10.8.11-unk-beta should create a local fork?
Yep, that's why every pool owner had to update to 0.10.10.1 before the hard fork. Any pool/miner not updating will get orphans - that's basically the idea of a hard fork :)

Yep, that's why every pool owner had to update to 0.10.10.1 before the hard fork. Any pool/miner not updating will get orphans - that's basically the idea of a hard fork :)
thxs flare. so much for my solo... actually one of my blocks did get accepted somehow.. but about 100 did not.

edit: I mined the following with the older version and it WAS accepted by the network.

Date: 6/22/2014 15:54
Source: Generated
Credit: 152.00 DRK
Net amount: +152.00 DRK
Transaction ID: 20923f1842b1c9f4661ae0d9d6b5f690c64b43e51f3ed0bf540986f0a674f6b7

Last edited by a moderator:
thxs flare. so much for my solo... actually one of my blocks did get accepted somehow.. but about 100 did not.

Check if the accepted block had a masternode payment - the only blocks accepted by network from old miners, are the ones which have no masternode payee. They will be confirmed by the rest of the network. The other 100 blocks you generated contained invalid payout amount, since the payout algorithm in 0.10.8.x was flawed and was fixed in 0.10.10.x

We definitely have a fork going on the testnet right now.. my MN has different blockhashes then my solo rig.. my last hour of blocks have not been orphaned yet.

working on setting up another rig.. downloading the chain from the rogue solo and trying to make my chain the good one.. wth :)

real chain on 24056

fork on 24054

I was unsuccessful.... all of my hours worth of blocks have been orphaned.... proper chain wins.

after a -reindex soloing on the proper chain now... found block 24061 with hash 00000001183fc6478c1ace79a4e9b1d65072b1685f748717b6320a93b5174c11

if anyone is interested in seeing if we can get many clients each running about the same hash rate,
I am going to leave 2 diifferent solo clients each with one GPU running. each at about 2.48Mh

Good job guys! Still trying to figure out how to config my miner so each card hashes on its own

Good job guys! Still trying to figure out how to config my miner so each card hashes on its own
use -d (--device)

t1.sh
Code:
~
-o stratum+tcp://127.0.0.1:3333 -u moQD1AbtbDgPhDCXhK5x9rkUQrTHK3ZE7H -p 1 \
--device 0 \
--worksize 256 \
~

t2.sh
Code:
~
-o stratum+tcp://54.183.73.24:3333 -u moQD1AbtbDgPhDCXhK5x9rkUQrTHK3ZE7H -p 1 \
--device 1 \
--worksize 256 \
~

Ok, could I have a list of testnet pools please? I only have chaeplin's amazon NOMP. The "official" EC2 testnet MPOS does not work anymore.

Also, I fired up a VM Ubuntu I made, and its getting stuck on block 500, on --rescan get stuck on 1000. This seems to be happenig a lot, many poeple on IRC complain about the same issue. Also, I'm on 10.10.02, and I'm getting error message to "update for hard-fork on June 20th"

central@ubuntu:~/.darkcoin$ darkcoind getinfo
{
"version" : 101002,
"protocolversion" : 70018,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 500,
"timeoffset" : 0, "connections" : 0,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 0.53693007,
"testnet" : true,
"keypoololdest" : 1403529624,
"keypoolsize" : 101,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"mininput" : 0.00001000,
"errors" : "Hard Fork Alert: Masternode Payments begin on Friday. Please update! http://goo.gl/ucp4m7"
}

I've stopped and started a few times, stuck o 500, then 1000, the 1500. Zero connections. Only addnode:23xx.xx, masternode=0 ... weird

EDIT: Success, I finally got the syntax, thats chaeplin. -d has to go after the worker password. Pointed to your NOMP server, other 4 cards mining for real until I get other testnet pools

Ok, could I have a list of testnet pools please? I only have chaeplin's amazon NOMP. The "official" EC2 testnet MPOS does not work anymore.

Also, I fired up a VM Ubuntu I made, and its getting stuck on block 500, on --rescan get stuck on 1000. This seems to be happenig a lot, many poeple on IRC complain about the same issue. Also, I'm on 10.10.02, and I'm getting error message to "update for hard-fork on June 20th"

I've stopped and started a few times, stuck o 500, then 1000, the 1500. Zero connections. Only addnode:23xx.xx, masternode=0 ... weird

EDIT: Success, I finally got the syntax, thats chaeplin. -d has to go after the worker password. Pointed to your NOMP server, other 4 cards mining for real until I get other testnet pools

Simultaneous download limited to max 500 blocks.

Simultaneous download limited to max 500 blocks.

Up to block now. But for some reason "-d" is not working properly. If I issue "-d 0", the other cards stay off. If I try "-d 1,2,3,4" with different pool info, it just point everything to "-d 0"

-k x11mod -d 0 -o stratum+tcp://54.183.73.24:3333 -u mfxz2ZHLPW24msDY3PXrT5Wf1dj5YTDk1M -p 1 -d 1,2,3,4 -o stratum+tcp://mining.darkcointalk.org:3333 -u yidakee.1 -p x --auto-fan --gpu-fan 25-65 --temp-cutoff 92 --temp-overheat 88 --temp-target 64 -I 19 -g 1 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8192 --gpu-powertune 20 --gpu-engine 1090 --gpu-memclock 1500

Up to block now. But for some reason "-d" is not working properly. If I issue "-d 0", the other cards stay off. If I try "-d 1,2,3,4" with different pool info, it just point everything to "-d 0"
Use several scripts.
1.sh : - pool 1 : -d 0
2.sh : - pool 2 : -d 1
3.sh : - pool 3 : -d 2

Use several scripts.
1.sh : - pool 1 : -d 0
2.sh : - pool 2 : -d 1
3.sh : - pool 3 : -d 2

Ah... ok. I am using CGWatcher as central monitor/config, so I guess I need to fire up independent sgminers. Any more pools please? I am currently pointing 20mh/s to NOMP, which is not good for testnet

EDIT: Got it working! Currently pointing 1/5 cards (4mh/s) to testnet so I dont have majority of hash power. Awaiting for more pools to diversify.

Did you try to start several instances of the miner - one with '-d 0' and one with '-d 1'. Actually what chaeplin suggested above as several scripts.

Did you try to start several instances of the miner - one with '-d 0' and one with '-d 1'. Actually what chaeplin suggested above as several scripts.

Yes, and it worked. Makes sense not to be able to do it under 1 instance of sgminer. Also, CGWatcher does not like to run multiple instances, so its back to old trustworthy .bat files :tongue:

Yes, and it worked. Makes sense not to be able to do it under 1 instance of sgminer. Also, CGWatcher does not like to run multiple instances, so its back to old trustworthy .bat files :tongue:
Who needs a GUI anyway - always made the highest gains in my net worth when no GUI client was available at launchtime - so you are always better off when you know how to operate a crypto-client/miner via commandline :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back