• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.9.x Help test RC2 forking issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have installed new nomp.
No need to patch to support 20% Masternode payment.
(20% payment support is already merged WOW)

http://tdrk.poolhash.org/
nomp2 is the one.

I will change reward percent to 10.

What's gonna be ?

Probably banned ?

Result :
Code:
2014-06-16 20:42:38 [Pool][darkcoin] (Thread 2) Daemon instance 0 rejected a supposedly valid block

Code:
2014-06-16 11:42:38  BAD MASTERNODE PAYMENT DETECTED:  1510100000

;D

changed to */5 ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Worries me a bit that the official explorer is down, no official news about 0.9.10.1 and 0.10.10.1 versions and no signs of Evan... I hope it is not some bad news coming.

Worries me a bit that the official explorer is down, no official news about 0.9.10.1 and 0.10.10.1 versions and no signs of Evan... I hope it is not some bad news coming.

Nothing to worry about yet, Evan is alive and kicking.

Code:
commit 5409bba62b9003d16a1ffa8d0d4674cba69e455d
Author: Evan Duffield <[email protected]>
Date:   Sat Jun 14 20:22:03 2014 -0700

Cleaned up voting debug

The official explorer being down is sad, unfortunately i don't have access to the server to fix it.

Jeez, let the guy have a day off! Even superheroes need to sleep occasionally. :tongue:

No problem in taking a day off (or even the weekend off). It is just that normally with Evan, no news = something is in development. :D
Not blaming anyone or anything, just stating my worries 4 days prior to the hard fork (and I remember the last hard forks, they were not smooth to say the least).

I prefer
Code:
darkcoind masternode start `head -1`
Wallet unlocked like 0.0000001 msec of time.

With darkcoind walletpassphrase pass 60, wallet will be unlocked 60 sec long. So do not use.

example
Code:
ms06@x60t:~> darkcoind walletpassphrase 1 10
ms06@x60t:~> darkcoind getinfo
{
    "version" : 101000,
    "protocolversion" : 70018,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 2032.89400000,
    "blocks" : 20315,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "connections" : 8,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 0.17133109,
    "testnet" : true,
    "keypoololdest" : 1402636400,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00001000,
    "unlocked_until" : 1402904419208,
    "errors" : ""
}

With masternode start pass
Code:
ms06@x60t:~> darkcoind getinfo && darkcoind masternode start 1 && darkcoind getinfo
{
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "unlocked_until" : 0,
}
successfully started masternode
{
    "paytxfee" : 0.000000001
    "unlocked_until" : 0,
}

Is it unlocked ?
Ah, now I understand what that is doing! Thank you very much!

Thank goodness he take some time off! Usually Sunday, hopefully Saturdays too! This was a Holiday weekend with Father's day yesterday, so hopefully Evan has a father to spend time with :D

Does attaching multiple inputs ("tickets") to a single masternode actually work?
If it does, why would I even bother setting up my own node instead of attaching my input to someone else's and just grab the funds?

edit: Just a thought. I'm aware of that it isn't supposed to work like this!

I started a masternode in my home computer in QT to see if the simplest way was possible. I did this about 9 - 10 hours ago but haven't seen a payment. Is it possible to run a masternode in the QT wallet? I was just curious? Shows up with :1 on the list :what:

daaarkcoins, doing multiple tickets isn't implemented yet :smile:

You can't attach your funds to someone's masternodes, nor take their payments unless you hack into their machine and change their darkcoin.conf file. The account/wallet who's masternode private key is the conf file, is the one who gets paid. And aside from the minimal cost of running a server, there is no advantage to it??

I started a masternode in my home computer in QT to see if the simplest way was possible. I did this about 9 - 10 hours ago but haven't seen a payment. Is it possible to run a masternode in the QT wallet? I was just curious?
I've gotten it to work with QT before. (in windows)

daaarkcoins, doing multiple tickets isn't implemented yet :smile:

You can't attach your funds to someone's masternodes, nor take their payments unless you hack into their machine and change their darkcoin.conf file. The account/wallet who's masternode private key is the conf file, is the one who gets paid. And aside from the minimal cost of running a server, there is no advantage to it??

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/help-test-rc2-forking-issues.1009/page-39#post-8486 according to this it does work. Of course I can't take someone's funds, but I apparently can use their node for my 1000DRKs.
There'd also be no advantage in running my own node then ;)

No problem in taking a day off (or even the weekend off). It is just that normally with Evan, no news = something is in development. :D
Not blaming anyone or anything, just stating my worries 4 days prior to the hard fork (and I remember the last hard forks, they were not smooth to say the least).

Would it be a bad idea to do a 'surprise fork'? Meaning to do it on 19th, instead of 20th. Most people and exchanges are ready and updated their clients anyway and one day difference wouldn't be a big deal. I am just concerned that during hard fork our system might be vulnerable and announcing this exact date to everyone in advance (including our potential enemies) might turn us into a sitting duck? Or do we have all the precautions including countermeasures against forces like NSA :) Maybe some of you will laugh at my comment but if Darkcoin is successful, it is going to be a game changing global tool and I don't think major players are just gonna sit and let this happen. They see this as a war and we should use smart tactics like 'surprise attack- aka surprise fork".

Would it be a bad idea to do a 'surprise fork'? Meaning to do it on 19th, instead of 20th. Most people and exchanges are ready and updated their clients anyway and one day difference wouldn't be a big deal. I am just concerned that during hard fork our system might be vulnerable and announcing this exact date to everyone in advance (including our potential enemies) might turn us into a sitting duck? Or do we have all the precautions including countermeasures against forces like NSA :) Maybe some of you will laugh at my comment but if Darkcoin is successful, it is going to be a game changing global tool and I don't think major players are just gonna sit and let this happen. They see this as a war and we should use smart tactics like 'surprise attack- aka surprise fork".
Forking time is fixed in code.. So... ;D

Does attaching multiple inputs ("tickets") to a single masternode actually work?
If it does, why would I even bother setting up my own node instead of attaching my input to someone else's and just grab the funds?

edit: Just a thought. I'm aware of that it isn't supposed to work like this!

This was possible in RC1 and may be RC2.
Cause there was no masternodeprivkey.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/help-test-rc2-forking-issues.1009/page-39#post-8486 according to this it does work. Of course I can't take someone's funds, but I apparently can use their node for my 1000DRKs.
There'd also be no advantage in running my own node then ;)
I don't think yidakee looked for a local ip address on the list. If he had one masternode wallet with funds (local) "feeding" 2 remotes, and it worked, then we have an issue. But being able to start the second node, just means he started a second node, and it should have shown up on the list with his local ip address. Only the debug log would show if anything hooked up to the second remote masternode with the same masternode private key. After all, there is nothing on the remote computer that gives confirmation like "remote input received". So, I think because it's all so confusing, it was interpreted wrongly.

Been there, done that, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back