• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.17.x Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two wallets. One tMN and one denoms. The moment I turned third on for denoms I get few blank tx and several colateral. Maybe coincidence. Can two denominating wallets cause this sometimes? I know people here have 5-6 denominating wallets and they get hit by collateral.
Will send debug to Evan

edit: I get hit by these from 2h now. No denoms at all. First wallet.
Second one denominating like hell

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished 2000/4 ...damn, that WAS fast! But I got more 5 rounds than 4.
1x collateral fee.
says 100% --- 1952.2/2000 DRKs
average 4.67742 or 4 rounds

I'm curious why DS is now going over in rounds vs before it wasn't. If it's capped at 8 rounds, we definitely shouldn't be seeing 9's. Likewise, if you specify 4 rounds and end up with 5 or 6s, it's not following your inputs.

EDIT: I do see two more commits today on the instantx branch for stopping and max rounds, although the max rounds set to 2 seems odd, unless this is strictly to test whether people are going over in a shorter period of time before reverting.

I'm curious why DS is now going over in rounds vs before it wasn't. If it's capped at 8 rounds, we definitely shouldn't be seeing 9's. Likewise, if you specify 4 rounds and end up with 5 or 6s, it's not following your inputs.

EDIT: I do see two more commits today on the instantx branch for stopping and max rounds, although the max rounds set to 2 seems odd, unless this is strictly to test whether people are going over in a shorter period of time before reverting.

There's two "modes" of the darksend pool now,

1.) Rounds 0 to 1 - where it allows change and new denominations to be created
2.) Rounds 2 to 8 - where ONLY denominations should go in and come out.

There's two "modes" of the darksend pool now,

1.) Rounds 0 to 1 - where it allows change and new denominations to be created
2.) Rounds 2 to 8 - where ONLY denominations should go in and come out.
Did you find why some 9s were appearing?

EDIT: And the overages (setting rounds 5 but getting 6s on some denominations instead of stopping)

got my first collateral fee on 1 of 6 wallets .. i'm keeping an eye on the wallets to check for more collateral fees. Sent email to Evan, so far its just 1 collateral fee.

Collateral fees are charged for 1 in 50 sessions, so that seems normal.

I also have a question about tx sizes and tx fees being prompted. How does DS know where to pull the tx fee on the prompt and does it do any rounding to again prevent the dead change issue from breaking up denominations for those microfees?

I'm trying to understand how random collateral fees, especially such low fees, deter bad actors from spamming the system?

Also, when spending your funds, can we still mix darksend funds with unmixed funds? If so, won't that expose the other people you mixed with previously as well as yourself?

Possible bug. Brand new wallet. Before receiving any tDRK, I tried to click the Stop Darkesend Mixing to disable it until the funds were cleared and got this.

DdOHgjp.png

didn't that happen because there were no funds? You can disable darksend in the Settings > Options and uncheck start darksend on login. Did it crash after the notice screen was closed? Or did darksend mixing stop?

Another question. If 1 dark becomes worth 20, 40, 100 etc... equivalent dollars one day, will it be trivial to change DarkSend to mix below .01 or so?

I'm trying to understand how random collateral fees, especially such low fees, deter bad actors from spamming the system?

Also, when spending your funds, can we still mix darksend funds with unmixed funds? If so, won't that expose the other people you mixed with previously as well as yourself?
Well, considering it used to be round fees of -.0125 and now is -0.1 at random, if it worked before for deterring, it should work now. A person spamming doesn't really know when they will be hit with charges. Evan can feel free to correct me on this.

As for the spending of funds, yes, at the moment you can uncheck the darksend box and send out anon funds with unanon funds.

I thought before, we were hit with collateral fees when we acted badly (like pulling out before mixing completed) so therefore we would deter people from spamming the system with rounds that are never completed (thus aborted) in order to cause mischief? If not, please explain the purpose, 'cause I'm confused. Thanks a ton!

If you can send anon funds out with non-anonymatized (is that a word?) funds, doesn't that expose your account number, and thus expose others? Or have you all thought this through better than I and concluded otherwise? Thanks for updating me!

didn't that happen because there were no funds? You can disable darksend in the Settings > Options and uncheck start darksend on login. Did it crash after the notice screen was closed? Or did darksend mixing stop?

Another question. If 1 dark becomes worth 20, 40, 100 etc... equivalent dollars one day, will it be trivial to change DarkSend to mix below .01 or so?

Tante, thats the thing. I had no funds and tried to disable DS, and that msg popped up. I dont find any options to disable DS, I could flag in the config, but in any case, that pop-up msg is incongruent with the action intended. Status remains "Enabled". Did not crash. Its just a little bug.

Its under Settings > Options and is a check mark box. If the program didn't freeze, then it was just an annoying reminder because your wallet was set to denominate. However, if you couldn't get the wallet to stop, then yah, it's a problem :)

I thought before, we were hit with collateral fees when we acted badly (like pulling out before mixing completed) so therefore we would deter people from spamming the system with rounds that are never completed (thus aborted) in order to cause mischief? If not, please explain the purpose, 'cause I'm confused. Thanks a ton!

If you can send anon funds out with non-anonymatized (is that a word?) funds, doesn't that expose your account number, and thus expose others? Or have you all thought this through better than I and concluded otherwise? Thanks for updating me!
IIRC, there should still be collateral fees involved for those with shoddy internet connections, bad actors, and people that stop DS mid-round.

After anon'ing funds, you shouldn't be able to join with them non-anon funds. It should not even be an option. If you have the non-anon funds sitting there to be combined with your already anon balance, then those non-anon should go through the DS process to be added to the anon balance before sending. You should be locked out from being able to combined the two. I don't think this is currently the case though.

************** Please update to v0.10.17.18 ***********************************

- Later rounds now REQUIRE only denominated funds to be in the pool (moli's transaction)
- Darksend will properly shut off when it gets complete now (in some cases it was splitting forever)

Instructions
1.) restart with -zapwallettxes
2.) mix some inputs 8 rounds
3.) post anonymous transactions and lets try to trace them

--

Source: https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/tree/instantx

Windows 32bit:
https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/raw/master/instantx/windows/darkcoind.exe
https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/raw/master/instantx/windows/darkcoin-qt.exe

Mac OS X:
https://github.com/darkcoinproject/...ster/instantx/mac/darkcoin-0.10.17.18-osx.dmg

Linux 32bit:
https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/raw/master/instantx/linux/32/darkcoin-qt
https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/raw/master/instantx/linux/32/darkcoind

Linux 64bit:
https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/raw/master/instantx/linux/64/darkcoin-qt
https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/raw/master/instantx/linux/64/darkcoind

Shouldn't you be preparing a speech for tomorrow's Cryptomoneyexpo? :D

Evan! Please look at this.

Brand new wallet. Went to the faucet and got 4k. They arrived and I could swear they went straight to confirmed balance, but in any case a block was found (1 confirm) and it is in fact in confirmed balance. To test I sent out 100 back to the faucet and it was indeed spent.

nSEVmy4.png

qkLH46T.png

edit: FYI

Date: 12/4/14 17:03
To: Faucet mmfb6hxTdLT3gQGAEDr2g6Qug8ew2MwKoJ
Debit: -100.00 DRK
Net amount: -100.00 DRK
Transaction ID: 6d33d4c949f2ad99c655da5b0b55187a1ed7bbcf992be4896665abb6a102bf76

Last edited by a moderator:
Does any of your wallets already started denominating?

Mine cycles through a kinda Groundhog-Day loop:

Code:
Submiting Darksend for 100.000000 DRK
DoAutomaticDenominating -- attempt 2 connection to masternode 108.61.202.75:19999
trying connection 108.61.202.75:19999 lastseen=15251.3days
connected 108.61.202.75:19999
DoAutomaticDenominating --- connected, sending dsa for 30 - denom 30
socket closed
disconnecting node 108.61.202.75:19999
AcceptToMemoryPool (tx): 188.226.161.128:19999 /Satoshi:0.10.17.18/ : accepted 6d33d4c949f2ad99c655da5b0b55187a1ed7bbcf992be4896665abb6a102bf76 (poolsz 4)
dsq - message doesn't match current masternode - 108.61.202.75:19999 != 188.226.161.128:19999

Rinse and repeat....

Sometimes there's the odd "dssu - message doesn't match current darksend session 518762 0" here or there, that's it.

No denomination so far...

My wallet did 3 rounds in under 50 minutes (I don't know exactly when it finished) I'm about to try some transactions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back