• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.16 - Onyx v2

lol, I saw him say he was going to post on here so I had that shit on lockdown waiting for the post here ;)

Sidenote, you ever pop into the #darkcoin channel??
I did few times before (when we had troubles with MNs) but I don't keep irc running all the time... hmm.. I almost never keep it running actually... :)

It seems there is some kind of jitter in the list, as nodes dynamically enter and leave it. Judging on the list of payments your node received all is fine - the next payment should occur in the next hours.

So yeah, it seems like a cosmetic bug/minor bug of masternode list and how the peers maintain it. Peers should not remove nodes which have actively pinged durig the last 70mins. We will check that.

My node disappeared once more from drk.mn and has not reappeared for some time now. Also I have not received a further payment for 3 days

My node disappeared once more from drk.mn and has not reappeared for some time now. Also I have not received a further payment for 3 days
The same - have not received payment after 1400 blocks, but my mn is active according to drk.mn. Will restart now.

What does your MN say? './darkcoind masternode list | grep a.b.c.d:9999'

drk.mn is not the Word of God, its a site that displays info collected from scripts that query elbereths MNs, sometimes those scrips flake out.

Check your MN is running at source first, then go from there.

What does your MN say? './darkcoind masternode list | grep a.b.c.d:9999'

drk.mn is not the Word of God, its a site that displays info collected from scripts that query elbereths MNs, sometimes those scrips flake out.

Check your MN is running at source first, then go from there.

my own MN says active, :1
I quoted flares post because I wrote about my problem couple of pages back already. Then it seems to fix itself with drk.mn (yes I know it's just like any other Node and not the word of god, but it shows that there are some problems with the MN list propagating!)

Back then it seemed to fix itself and only be a minor temporary cosmetic bug that would fix itself. But now it looks like my node won't reapear on the MN list and the MN payment is overdue, which suggests that it's not only cosmetic.

The same - have not received payment after 1400 blocks, but my mn is active according to drk.mn. Will restart now.
I cannot restart now because it's already active ("masternode started remotely").

Here's the address: https://bitinfocharts.com/darkcoin/address/[URL='https://bitinfocharts.com/darkcoin/address/XdUSY1bcm299hG6eciHRziZNYZ819fh8qb']XdUSY1bcm299hG6eciHRziZNYZ819fh8qb[/URL]
I've send all except 1000drk vin from it two days ago, it coincided with turning to 30% payments. Nothing else was changed.
Looks active according to drk.mn (active duration: 1w4d4h59m25s), my local wallet and mn itself.
"*:9999" : 1,
Last payment was from 175179 block and the highest is 176685 now, delta is 1506.
What's the problem? Lazy to change ip, mn privkey, address again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot restart now because it's already active ("masternode started remotely").

Here's the address: https://bitinfocharts.com/darkcoin/address/XdUSY1bcm299hG6eciHRziZNYZ819fh8qb
I've send all except 1000drk vin from it two days ago, it coincided with turning to 30% payments. Nothing else was changed.
Looks active according to drk.mn (active duration: 1w4d4h59m25s), my local wallet and mn itself.

Last payment was from 175179 block and the highest is 176685 now, delta is 1506.
What's the problem? Lazy to change ip, mn privkey, address again.
Looks fine from my local daemon and the one MN I checked on too.

Do your VPS logs/stats show any outages? I'm wondering if your MN went down temporarily for some reason at the wrong time and missed its payment 'slot' ?

Do your VPS logs/stats show any outages?
Found "Status Check Failed (Any)" which is 0 for the last week (I'm using Amazon). Other graphics are uniform.
I'm wondering if your MN went down temporarily for some reason at the wrong time and missed its payment 'slot' ?
MN must be online (reachable) exactly when "my" block is mined?
I'm really not very familiar with the current payment shedule. If it is deterministic, how one can view at the "queue" for the next time? And when does MN gets a place in that queue?

UPD Restarted and finally got first payment.

Possible (small) bug?

I've been running 10.16.16 in the darksend "liquidity provider" mode, with the "-liquidityprovider=1 -anonymizedarkcoinamount=150" parameters on the wallet with 160drks, for the last 10 days or so (since it came out). In this time I've only got hit with 0.1drk charge 4 times, which is a great improvement over previous versions.

I have noticed, that display of the annonymized amount (darksend balance) is fluctuating. I am not sure how this is calculated, but after hundreds of denominations and darksend transactions (and I am not touching this wallet or its balance) I would expect the darksend balance to steadily grow and reach 150 at some point... But instead wallet is today showing darksend balance of 64, but a week ago it was over 120 DRK, and few days ago it was 50DRK...

I think that darksend balance is wrongfully calculated. Maybe balance calculation is based on last X transaction, and does not build on whole history... Could this be the case, or am I missing anything? I can try the -rescan or -reindex but not sure what would happen (in regard to darksend balance).
I can provide 1GB of debug.log on request (i am also using the -debug parameter) ... ?

Ideas?

EDIT: few hours later balance jumped to 119 drk again... vertoe eduffield UdjinM6

Possible (small) bug?

I've been running 10.16.16 in the darksend "liquidity provider" mode, with the "-liquidityprovider=1 -anonymizedarkcoinamount=150" parameters on the wallet with 160drks, for the last 10 days or so (since it came out). In this time I've only got hit with 0.1drk charge 4 times, which is a great improvement over previous versions.

I have noticed, that display of the annonymized amount (darksend balance) is fluctuating. I am not sure how this is calculated, but after hundreds of denominations and darksend transactions (and I am not touching this wallet or its balance) I would expect the darksend balance to steadily grow and reach 150 at some point... But instead wallet is today showing darksend balance of 64, but a week ago it was over 120 DRK, and few days ago it was 50DRK...

I think that darksend balance is wrongfully calculated. Maybe balance calculation is based on last X transaction, and does not build on whole history... Could this be the case, or am I missing anything? I can try the -rescan or -reindex but not sure what would happen (in regard to darksend balance).
I can provide 1GB of debug.log on request (i am also using the -debug parameter) ... ?

Ideas?

EDIT: few hours later balance jumped to 119 drk again... vertoe eduffield UdjinM6
The liquidity provider setting randomly adjusts the amount of drk to anomymize. After it hits the target, it starts over with a new setting.

Quick idea (right now I'm at work and can't test this):

When the bad node registers let the other nodes ask THAT IP-address for the corresponding vin (or pubkey or whatever else is easy to access).

1. it's a honest node -> it will give you the correct answer
  2. it's the bad node -> the 'good' node (which owns the physical address) is connected (we don't talk about IP-spoofing here, don't we?) and gives you the wrong answer (it can't return the bad node's vin/pubkey/etc. because it has no idea what's going on).
No correct answer, node not accepted.

Bump!

darkcoind masternode list shows about 1700-something IPs assigned to 1900-something pubkeys, means a lot of IPs are used more than 1x...I still think we have to implement something like this to avoid those duplicates.
Of course avoiding DDOS of innocent Masternodes will be a problem which needs to be addressed.

eduffield ?

Back