• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.16 - Onyx v2

I must admit I hadn't tried Darksend until the last couple days. It didn't work with 16.16 (wouldn't connect to a masternode) until I deleted peers.dat
Now I'm getting action on the completion bar! This is exciting :)

My Local Remote Masternode Setup still gets dropped off the Masternodelist with the newest version... Anyone else having problems with local/remote?

My Local Remote Masternode Setup still gets dropped off the Masternodelist with the newest version... Anyone else having problems with local/remote?
No, not at all - v0.10.16.16 is pretty stable re. masternode list.

No, not at all - v0.10.16.16 is pretty stable re. masternode list.
I have to restart at least once a day. Both the Local and the Remote to get it back on the list.
I deleted peers.dat again and started a new debug.log and will monitor it now. When it drops off again maybe I can send the log to you or evan?

I have to restart at least once a day. Both the Local and the Remote to get it back on the list.
I deleted peers.dat again and started a new debug.log and will monitor it now. When it drops off again maybe I can send the log to you or evan?
Sure - please do :)

How much storage space do you have on your remote masternode? As it stands, v16 balloons up the debug.log. Not sure if this has anything to do with it or not.

How much storage space do you have on your remote masternode? As it stands, v16 balloons up the debug.log. Not sure if this has anything to do with it or not.
Usage of /: 41.0% of 7.75GB

edit: I just checked and my node seems to be back on the list again. So maybe it only drops off temporarily from time to time. (Sent you the debug.log flare)

Last edited by a moderator:
offtopic: who does the forum layout, I think those 4 guides sections inside "Darkcoin Support" are *not good* :) one of my scripts even landed inside "Miscellaneous" :( Can we have one primary "Guides" section inside "Darkcoin Support"?
What type of guide? We have so many guides so they need to be categorized, like Masternode guides, Darksend guides, Mining guides.. etc.. Propulsion does the forum layout, and we went over this before, he's trying to organize categories so we can find topics better.

With all this discussion on debug.log sizes, I went ahead and proactively deleted all my debug.logs on my MNs just to make sure my VPS' don't fill up. They were between 350MB and 900MB...significant but not problematic yet.

UdjinM6 Since Evan seems to be busy focusing on DS and you're tackling more of the fixes and features outside DS (until you get your hands dirty), can you put in a check against the percentage anonymized and if 100%, issue walletlock or the equivalent code basis. Having the wallet unlocked when the coins are already anon'd is just a security risk.

UdjinM6 Since Evan seems to be busy focusing on DS and you're tackling more of the fixes and features outside DS (until you get your hands dirty), can you put in a check against the percentage anonymized and if 100%, issue walletlock or the equivalent code basis. Having the wallet unlocked when the coins are already anon'd is just a security risk.
Reminder http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-58

So checked again today. I'm again off the Masternode list...
Could you find anything in the debug.log?
I did not find anything unusual in the debug.log - will forward to Evan.

Can you restart the node in the meantime? I do not find it on drk.mn.

edit: Hmm, seems to be an issue with drk.mn, not your node. As your node is back again, with uptime of >1d

2lPUxi6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not find anything unusual in the debug.log - will forward to Evan.

Can you restart the node in the meantime? I do not find it on drk.mn.

edit: Hmm, seems to be an issue with drk.mn, not your node. As your node is back again, with uptime of >1d

2lPUxi6.png

Ok so apparently it's just a cosmetic bug of the masternode list.
Cause drk.mn uses "darkcoind masternode list" or am I wrong?
And when I check the masternode list on my nodes I don't see my MN neither from time to time

Ok so apparently it's just a cosmetic bug of the masternode list.
Cause drk.mn uses "darkcoind masternode list" or am I wrong?
And when I check the masternode list on my nodes I don't see my MN neither from time to time
It seems there is some kind of jitter in the list, as nodes dynamically enter and leave it. Judging on the list of payments your node received all is fine - the next payment should occur in the next hours.

So yeah, it seems like a cosmetic bug/minor bug of masternode list and how the peers maintain it. Peers should not remove nodes which have actively pinged durig the last 70mins. We will check that.

It seems there is some kind of jitter in the list, as nodes dynamically enter and leave it. Judging on the list of payments your node received all is fine - the next payment should occur in the next hours.

So yeah, it seems like a cosmetic bug/minor bug of masternode list and how the peers maintain it. Peers should not remove nodes which have actively pinged durig the last 70mins. We will check that.

got it. thank you!

I seem to be having the same problem as oblox, but this is not my concern at the moment. In my quest to understand I discovered that there is NO darkcoin.conf in my /home/myhome/.darkcoin file! There is however a /home/myhome/.config/DarkCoin/DarkCoin-Qt.conf Is this normal? If not where should darkcoin.conf be, and can someone point me toward a template?

Back