• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.15 - Onyx Release

I don't think suchpool was the bad guy. Maybe, some miner on suchpool did that.

A pool-miner can't do this, they just get shares and return hashes.

And because Suchpool _are_ the good guys (I mine there literally from day one) I guess the enforcement code is still a bit buggy.

A pool-miner can't do this, they just get shares and return hashes.

And because Suchpool _are_ the good guys (I mine there from day one) I guess the enforcement code is still a bit buggy.
That's understandable. A large fraction of payments I got from the pre-enforcement days came from suchpool so I highly doubt suchpool was the evil one.

From https://drk.mn/masternodes.html
See pic, good or bad, is this connected to enforcing forks in any way?

daemons.png

You say they are on purpose wrong?
Sure, RC5 introduced a new masternode payment scheme, and after enforcement was turned on the first time (at least it was enabled for ~20 hours) the outdated clients forked.

I suppose elbereth is just running these old daemons to monitor the (deprecated) masternode networks adjacted to them.

Sure, RC5 introduced a new masternode payment scheme, and after enforcement was turned on (at least it was enabled for ~20 hours) the outdated clients forked.

I suppose elbereth is just running these old daemons to monitor the (deprecated) masternode networks adjacted to them.
Ok, just wondering :smile:

OK, I updated the official Twitter with the call to re-start daemons with the --reindex command. Evan suggested that owners that are stuck do that, but it's better that everyone does it, to avoid confusion. There are a lot of new owners out there! Please RT if you are on Twitter.

Can't wait to bug the pools again after Evan posts a new update with fork fix :tongue:

I think pool operators soon will voluntarily agree for masternoes to replace the pools, in exchnage for not being asked again for an upgrade :grin:

OK, I updated the official Twitter with the call to re-start daemons with the --reindex command. Evan suggested that owners that are stuck do that, but it's better that everyone does it, to avoid confusion. There are a lot of new owners out there! Please RT if you are on Twitter.

I'm afraid this is going to cause confusion because people will automatically think something is wrong with their masternodes, when that is not the case at all.

I'm afraid this is going to cause confusion because people will automatically think something is wrong with their masternodes, when that is not the case at all.
No, it is just a maintenance call. The tone of the announcement was not urgent.

Agreed, AFAIK there's no need for 1100 MN ops to do this.
There are a lot of new owners who don't know how to check if their node is doing something wrong. It doesn't hurt to do this procedure. I did it to my 5 nodes and they're humming along, nicely!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back