• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.15 - Onyx Release

If you know how to use nano you can follow these directions to create an auto-restart for your MN on the server in case of an auto-reboot by Vultr

I forget who posted this on BCT - I was at work when I seen it and quickly emailed it to myself
-----------------------------------------------------

Amazon updates and reboots instances all the time, so be sure to have your cron job set up to start darkcoind on startup so you don't miss any time. It's super easy! ...:

cd /etc/cron.d

crontab -e
2 (for nano)
at bottom of newly created file, insert:

@reboot /usr/bin/darkcoind [to start masternode (or wherever you keep your daemon)]
---------------------------------------------------------

That should really help you out :) on auto-reboots :)

Okay, sounds like a plan. Thanks for the info Mangled.

YES !!!

Just now159268wafflepool2256.84 7 1.75 XsMJPdsC63cYtffobR5Y5XmC3uRZZYBANdOnyx (0.10.15.13+)
2 minutes ago159266wafflepool2221.69 7 1.75 XkRkkD5C3ihsMMknJWHEeR2caTS1tRWu2yOnyx (0.10.15.13+)

48,69% now + 18.32% of wafflepool = 67,01%
once x11ltc1btc will update we will be ~80% ! :)

How the hell do you apply a Darkcoin patch to scrypt servers? :confused:

A scrypt stratum and a x11 stratum will look just the same, most of the differencies are in the configuration files themselves.

In the case of nomps running multiple coins, the same exact codebase processes for all coins. In that specific case, it can be quite confusing to apply the patch so it only applies on Darkcoin and not on other pools that might be hosted on the same stratum.

That said, I have no clue if Waffle uses nomp or the good old python stratums, but them being a multipool might make it harder to patch.

Hm.. are they still using v.0.10.15.13 though?
All of the pools have this version there....masternode monitoring has exactly 10.15.16
Time to bed.
1:0 to waffle

A scrypt stratum and a x11 stratum will look just the same, most of the differencies are in the configuration files themselves.

In the case of nomps running multiple coins, the same exact codebase processes for all coins. In that specific case, it can be quite confusing to apply the patch so it only applies on Darkcoin and not on other pools that might be hosted on the same stratum.

That said, I have no clue if Waffle uses nomp or the good old python stratums, but them being a multipool might make it harder to patch.
Sounds like a big attack vector. Could a malicious patch for one coin adversely affect others running on that pool? Not that I'm thinking of trying it, just wondering what would happen if a pool admin applied some patch ostensibly from a trusted source that turned out to be a big spanner in the works - must be a nightmare to screen these things?

(Sorry for getting a bit OT, just curious.)

Up to now, absolutely no other coin has required a stratum patch.

The sole reason of it being the masternodes, the issue resides on non-drk coins. Depending on the implementation, if not done properly, other coins would try to pay 25% to the payee but it would probably just not exist on that specific coin and create issues at the stratum level.

That is the only issue I see arising from this under certain circumstance. Any pool running separate stratums should not have any issues.

My only worry is for those who operate NOMP in a multipool way, with the internal switcher. All the coins would use the same codebase and each would try to assign coins to the payee, however the payee wouldn't exist on other coins. Please note I am not anything near a decent coder so I could just be missing something coded in to prevent such issue, but as I am looking at this right now I don't see any way it's specified only to apply to Darkcoin.

Maybe a nomp multipool owner can let us know what steps he took to apply it and if it was successful.

48,69% now + 18.32% of wafflepool = 67,01%
once x11ltc1btc will update we will be ~80% ! :)

Lets hope they keep their word. Once again at the airport getting back home. Can't wait for InstantX ..
Anyways, splawik21, what is your tipping address? Top job buddy!

Besides drk.mn, drk.poolhash.org, my own MN and my local machine, what else can we do to check our MN's status on other clients/MN's?

Besides drk.mn, drk.poolhash.org, my own MN and my local machine, what else can we do to check our MN's status on other clients/MN's?

I sometimes cross-check from my other other Masternodes, but since v0.10.15.16 the results are always the same as from the local wallet (when given enough time to properly synchronize the Masternode list).

In other words, you can check from any machine which is able to run darkcoind and has internet access via port 9999. If it sees your Masterrnode, others also will.

Lets hope they keep their word. Once again at the airport getting back home. Can't wait for InstantX ..
Anyways, splawik21, what is your tipping address? Top job buddy!
Thank you yidakee, I do it for all of us, like always.
Anyway all tips will get its place in the MN.
Xbd668n5cZoDjFiAUsTJAX5FnAKZiXNw1G

btw. not only me do the communication with the pools, moli is doing great work too.

Pools compliance @ 61.31% & going up...
after 43 min 62,2%
after 59 min 63,02%
after 110 min 64,12%
up up up

Last edited by a moderator:
Back