• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.15 - Onyx Release

Multipool is on the latest and said they will be applying the stratum changes in the next few days.

Looks like our biggest headache is gonna be the nicehash because now they alone have the 14% of the total pool share.

Looks like our biggest headache is gonna be the nicehash because now they alone have the 14% of the total pool share.
I have had conversations with them in the past, it's out of their hands to a certain amount. What did they do after the last enforcement?

I have had conversations with them in the past, it's out of their hands to a certain amount. What did they do after the last enforcement?

I don't buy it that it is not in their hands. That's just a BS excuse. During last enforcement they didn't have this much hash power and I think they started to get orphans.

Multipoolus: Our wallets are up to date. You can tell the community we are testing the stratum changes and will be applying them within the next few days.
EDIT: ups I see oblox was faster ;)

ltc1btc has responded me they have updated. But it does not looks like...I`ve resent them another question and redirected to Evan too....

Last edited by a moderator:
masternode count works normally here, it says 848 right now.

Empty winners happen here as well, but only for 2 or 3 entries.

The reason is that GetBlockPayee() did not find the payee what actually should not happen.

Looking into the code it looks as either the corresponding transaction could not be found, the output of the transaction could not be found, no out with 1000 DRK could be found or no pubkey of the payee could be found. But all are actually available...
eduffield?

Edit: just debugged this a bit, the winner is simply not found for those blocks.

But what's a bit odd:

"darkcoind getinfo":
"blocks" : 158523,

"darkcoind masternode winners":
"158530" : "Xj8h3aJ6JE8vYZ8ZJtJBgrueW456Drt2Jc",
"158531" : "Xxa9a1yMVsMV2rHcSPGoetHcxjXYTiifa6",
"158532" : "Xn43a8Ebd8nMBZweJUQML5cf6RhRLDdJu9",
"158533" : "XxKbjVqDTQBwy9QArZLu5oNpzfH3c2v1xC",

So we're at block 158523 and winners are shown for future blocks?

That's a killer application using /dev/timetravel

(Hint: offset is always 10)

I get many of these "Couldn't find masternode entry ..." in the log file:

dseep: Couldn't find masternode entry CTxIn(COutPoint(e47356587595bce7bd761bc775414d494578dda8d5ad4892ebf22b60841cd0c8, 1), scriptSig=)
dseep: Asking source node for missing entry CTxIn(COutPoint(e47356587595bce7bd761bc775414d494578dda8d5ad4892ebf22b60841cd0c8, 1), scriptSig=)
dsee - Got NEW masternode entry 31.210.55.128:9999
dsee - Accepted masternode entry 762 400
connection timeout
trying connection 104.55.176.115:9999 lastseen=0.3days
dseep: Couldn't find masternode entry CTxIn(COutPoint(3ce72050c4214fe6afb39fbe8b3931f7cbeb7b005a074104b8fd8cbe4d81ef84, 0), scriptSig=)
dseep: Asking source node for missing entry CTxIn(COutPoint(3ce72050c4214fe6afb39fbe8b3931f7cbeb7b005a074104b8fd8cbe4d81ef84, 0), scriptSig=)
partner 74.101.109.105:9999 using obsolete version 70015; disconnecting
ProcessMessage(version, 102 bytes) FAILED
disconnecting node 74.101.109.105:9999

When I start the daemon, I also see many lines saying:

CheckBlock() : Couldn't find masternode payment(0) or payee(1).

Why are these happening? Is the network constantly under attack to kick the good masternodes offline?

EDIT: And, it seems this happens every time when it is roughly having a block found.

EDIT2: Why does it matter at all for a signature that is 60 minutes into the past? Why not 120 minutes, 10 minutes, 1 day or 5 minutes? I can see that an old signature is fine. Is there some reason to return false here? If it is a bad signature, shouldn't it be banned?

can someone update me, why are my denominations costing 0.1 DRK now?
Vertoe, because Darksend was DoSed and the collateral fee is put in place to prevent abuse. But we also get the fee if our internet connection is unstable.
Edit: Forgot to ask: You've got a "Payment to Yourself" fee, right?

X11ltc said they will be updating their stratum later today.

I also have been getting -.10 fees when my internet has had no down time. This is also on the liquidity wallets I am running too.

Could someone tell me why we don't add the ban score anymore after v0.10.15.14 when signature is rejected for too far into the past?

It also don't add any ban score for getting bad masternode address signature since. I think many of us are not getting paid because someone is DoS'ing the network all the time. When we are removed from the MN list, those remain on the list get the payments. Is that what is going on right now?

X11ltc said they will be updating their stratum later today.

I also have been getting -.10 fees when my internet has had no down time. This is also on the liquidity wallets I am running too.
Confirm...

x11ltc1btc: "Ok, we will update our pool later, we are weekend now :)"

Could someone tell me why we don't add the ban score anymore after v0.10.15.14 when signature is rejected for too far into the past?

It also don't add any ban score for getting bad masternode address signature since. I think many of us are not getting paid because someone is DoS'ing the network all the time. When we are removed from the MN list, those remain on the list get the payments. Is that what is going on right now?

I'm not seeing any erroneous traffic coming over my firewalls ATM

To me the Masternode list looks quite complete (right now 913 active), so who was removed?
It is too many to show here. I only have 300 to 800 MN's here. It changes from time to time. If I set a lower banscore from the command line option, it is roughly 300 MN's most of the time. Then, the "masternode winners" command returns a list that is mostly empty. But, the error messages are greatly reduced and the node does not go offline. The number of connections go down and most of the peers are not MN's. If it is not important for me to see other MN's on the network, I will set a very low banscore.

I'm not seeing any erroneous traffic coming over my firewalls ATM
Me neither. But, what if the DoS attack is initiated by the other MN's on the network? They sent you junk or faking other nodes to increase your banscore seen by other MN's or clients.

Per Waffle:

"Yep, we're using the new variable for reward amounts (forget off the top of my head, payeePercent or something similar) :)"

I haven't seen a 25% payout block yet.

Back