• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.15 - Onyx Release

Per Waffle:

"Yep, we're using the new variable for reward amounts (forget off the top of my head, payeePercent or something similar) :)"

I haven't seen a 25% payout block yet.

Waffle did find a block 10 minutes ago but they didn't pay 25%. Looks like they are just playing with us :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they are playing with us...bastards..... grrrr

multipool.us admin: "I know what needs to be done. As I said to others it will be done over the next few days. I run about 40 coins and I cannot do things instantly at the developers' whim."

so .... ehhhhh

multipool.us admin: "I know what needs to be done. As I said to others it will be done over the next few days. I run about 40 coins and I cannot do things instantly at the developers' whim."

so .... ehhhhh

What a douchebag. Now imagine if this was some an urgent security update. We had to keep the system vulnerable and wait for HIs Majesty to update.

Potential masternode darksend failure or issue:

My masternode on 0.10.15.16 at IP 108.61.169.33 has had a hiccup in the past few hours. I checked on it via Elbereth's Ninja Masternode Monitoring site at around 1600utc and was alarmed to see its status red and "closed". Logging onto the server (a Ubuntu 14.04 on Vultr) via a PuTTY SSH session I ran "./darkcoind masternode list | grep 108.61.169.33" and had a return status of "108.61.169.33:9999 : 1," so the server still appeared to be listed as a masternode. I then stopped darkcoind and started it again. Did "./darkcoind getinfo" and it was showing blocks catching up. It was behind on the blockchain by at least a height of 100 or more so I figured it had not been keeping up for some reason. Ran my wallet with the 1000drk using the config file and did a "masternode start PASSPHRASE". It started okay and all seemed well. Eventually it changed from red closed to green open on the Masternode Monitoring page so I assumed all was well.

A couple of hours later (at 1850utc) I checked the monitoring page again and was alarmed to see it wasn't even listed! Went back to the PuTTY session which I'd left open and found this error:

"darkcoind darksend:cpp:1026: void CDarkSendPool::RegisterAsMasterNode(bool) : Assertion 'found' failed"

I went through the process again, although darkcoind could not be stopped as it wasn't running so must have crashed on that error. It started again okay but, although it was getting new connections, I noticed the blocks weren't catching up. So I stopped it and started it again. On the second time it caught up pretty quickly to the current block. I re-ran masternode start on the wallet. It then appeared pretty quickly on the monitoring page but again was red and "closed". I had to wait for it to cycle through the full hour of 5 minute refreshes then eventually it went green again and is still green and open now at 20:16utc. I'll be checking on it regularly for the next few days

Does anyone have any idea what's happened and how to prevent a recurrence? If there are logs I can send through please advise what I need to do to get them to you.

Very strange - but you say it SEEMs to be okay now?

If it happens again I'd start with: sudo reboot
and restart once the BC catches up.

Is it maybe a DOS?

edit: what's the first 5 characters of your MN payment addy?
108.61.169.33 is not currently listed on: https://drk.mn/masternodes.html

edit2: Also not listed : darkcoind masternode list | grep 108.61.169.33

Last edited:
Very strange - but you say it SEEMs to be okay now?

If it happens again I'd start with: sudo reboot
and restart once the BC catches up.

Is it maybe a DOS?

edit2: Also not listed : darkcoind masternode list | grep 108.61.169.33

Hi MangledBlue

What does a sudo reboot do?

Is it maybe a DOS?

I don't know. How could we tell?

XyPre
I'm seeing it on there. Just refreshed the page and it's definitely showing (as at 21:20utc) so seems to be running okay.

Potential masternode darksend failure or issue:

My masternode on 0.10.15.16 at IP 108.61.169.33 has had a hiccup in the past few hours. I checked on it via Elbereth's Ninja Masternode Monitoring site at around 1600utc and was alarmed to see its status red and "closed". Logging onto the server (a Ubuntu 14.04 on Vultr) via a PuTTY SSH session I ran "./darkcoind masternode list | grep 108.61.169.33" and had a return status of "108.61.169.33:9999 : 1," so the server still appeared to be listed as a masternode. I then stopped darkcoind and started it again. Did "./darkcoind getinfo" and it was showing blocks catching up. It was behind on the blockchain by at least a height of 100 or more so I figured it had not been keeping up for some reason. Ran my wallet with the 1000drk using the config file and did a "masternode start PASSPHRASE". It started okay and all seemed well. Eventually it changed from red closed to green open on the Masternode Monitoring page so I assumed all was well.

A couple of hours later (at 1850utc) I checked the monitoring page again and was alarmed to see it wasn't even listed! Went back to the PuTTY session which I'd left open and found this error:

"darkcoind darksend:cpp:1026: void CDarkSendPool::RegisterAsMasterNode(bool) : Assertion 'found' failed"

I went through the process again, although darkcoind could not be stopped as it wasn't running so must have crashed on that error. It started again okay but, although it was getting new connections, I noticed the blocks weren't catching up. So I stopped it and started it again. On the second time it caught up pretty quickly to the current block. I re-ran masternode start on the wallet. It then appeared pretty quickly on the monitoring page but again was red and "closed". I had to wait for it to cycle through the full hour of 5 minute refreshes then eventually it went green again and is still green and open now at 20:16utc. I'll be checking on it regularly for the next few days

Does anyone have any idea what's happened and how to prevent a recurrence? If there are logs I can send through please advise what I need to do to get them to you.

I've heard a few people complain in the past about vultr rebooting or stopping/starting VPS's without warning. Don't take this as a personal criticism, it isn't, but when you go for the cheapest possible service you probably get what you pay for. I'm seriously thinking again about running my own multi-MN box off a business line with multiple IP's, I don't think it would be any less reliable than my own cheapo remote hosting, would cost about the same and I'd have full hands-on control of far, far better hardware.

sudo reboot will reboot the MN server
give it a second to come back up the start the darkcoind

Sorry - can't tell ya how to check for a DOS - I assume looking at your server traffic

XyPre: I see it now

wafflepool finally will be on 25% !!! :)) YES YES !!!!

admin of wafflepool: "Should be patched and live within the hour, sorry for the confusion."

Yes they are playing with us...bastards..... grrrr
Just got an email from Wafflepool:
"Yep, been speaking with Rob, looks like I only applied the patches to our Scrypt servers (useless) and not our X11 servers. Should be patched and live within the hour, sorry for the confusion."

Another drink to Wafflepool! More Vodka please! :smile:

"Yep, been speaking with Rob, looks like I only applied the patches to our Scrypt servers (useless) and not our X11 servers. Should be patched and live within the hour, sorry for the confusion."

Ha ha was faster ;) it`s time to bed, more vodka next saturday ;)

If you know how to use nano you can follow these directions to create an auto-restart for your MN on the server in case of an auto-reboot by Vultr

I forget who posted this on BCT - I was at work when I seen it and quickly emailed it to myself
-----------------------------------------------------

Amazon updates and reboots instances all the time, so be sure to have your cron job set up to start darkcoind on startup so you don't miss any time. It's super easy! ...:

cd /etc/cron.d

crontab -e
2 (for nano)
at bottom of newly created file, insert:

@reboot /usr/bin/darkcoind [to start masternode (or wherever you keep your daemon)]
---------------------------------------------------------

That should really help you out :) on auto-reboots :)

I've heard a few people complain in the past about vultr rebooting or stopping/starting VPS's without warning. Don't take this as a personal criticism, it isn't, but when you go for the cheapest possible service you probably get what you pay for. I'm seriously thinking again about running my own multi-MN box off a business line with multiple IP's, I don't think it would be any less reliable than my own cheapo remote hosting, would cost about the same and I'd have full hands-on control of far, far better hardware.

Mmm...a distinct possibility (issue caused by vultr) and I know it's a very very low cost hosting service (and compared to the corporate cloud/DC services I've acquired and been involved in with my day job, it's quite unbelievable they can provision a server instance for $5 a month). It would be interesting to hear of your experience if you setup your own box and what the total cost is likely to be.

How the hell do you apply a Darkcoin patch to scrypt servers? :confused:

sudo reboot will reboot the MN server
give it a second to come back up the start the darkcoind

Sorry - can't tell ya how to check for a DOS - I assume looking at your server traffic

XyPre: I see it now

Okay thanks for the info. I'll let it go for a bit to see if it's stable but will reboot it if it continues to have difficulties.

Back