• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.15 - Onyx Release

I guess this is why updates have to be rare if possible.

Would the effect of instant (or up to 1 week) enforcement really be that bad?

Well, if that is the case and I end up forfeiting my MN payment to a MN that hasn't updated then the only sensible thing for me to do going forwards is to only update 50% of my MN's. Then only update the other half when i have to. That way I spread the risk.

Well, if that is the case and I end up forfeiting my MN payment to a MN that hasn't updated then the only sensible thing for me to do going forwards is to only update 50% of my MN's. Then only update the other half when i have to. That way I spread the risk.

I should add that this is quite clearly not in the interests of the network but giving non-compliant actors time to update in the network will result in these perverse incentives. I'm sure Even is already 10 steps ahead on that and it must be the lesser of two evils but if that's the rules of the game then that's how I'll play :)

The thought has occurred to me too, but the quicker we can accomplish migration the quicker we can iterate to the next bugfix or enhancement release. We need probably several dozen more releases before we work out most of the kinks. (specifically the ones that we don't know about yet.)

This is why I'd like to see us strive for 1 week (max!) windows.

Walter, I see where you are coming from but by not updating all your nodes you would be protracting the problem for yourself and others.

Walter, I see where you are coming from but by not updating all your nodes you would be protracting the problem for yourself and others.

I agree Stonehenge. I'm not saying that I'm going to do it :wink: I'm saying that there is a clear economic incentive for me not to update until I absolutely have to (i.e. I get kicked off the network).

I agree Stonehenge. I'm not saying that I'm going to do it :wink: I'm saying that there is a clear economic incentive for me not to update until I absolutely have to (i.e. I get kicked off the network).

It would be embarrassing if masternode operators roll back to the previous version after getting sick of not being paid :)

It would be embarrassing if masternode operators roll back to the previous version after getting sick of not being paid :)

Actually I seriously considered this because my current stats say I'm losing a couple of DRK each day, and, after all, it's MY money.

But, on a second thought, someone HAS to be the good example for the general public, and if not we Masternode owners, who else?

The Masternodes ARE the backbone of Darkcoin, so we have some responsibility.

Actually I seriously considered this because my current stats say I'm losing a couple of DRK each day, and, after all, it's MY money.

But, on a second thought, someone HAS to be the good example for the general public, and if not we Masternode owners, who else?

The Masternodes ARE the backbone of Darkcoin, so we have some responsibility.

Yes, I agree. That's what makes us different from the greedy pools. Also it helps to keep reminding ourselves often that we are not really in this for profit only ;) We can live in a villa with infinity pool and drive Lamborghini but if the entire world is slave to the current financial system and suffers from bankers' wars then that villa is gonna be nothing but a fancy prison to us and for our children. We should be focusing on improving this technology and getting it mainstream.

[...]
We can live in a villa with infinity pool and drive Lamborghini...

You shouldn't post private facts about me, it's considered bad style :grin:

BTW, we're halfway there:
MN-Charts.jpg

You shouldn't post private facts about me, it's considered bad style :grin:

BTW, we're halfway there:
View attachment 554

Oh, so you are also part of the Russian elite and lost shit load of money because of the Western financial sanctions and imposed wars and artificial manipulation of the oil prices? :tongue:

Make Masternodes either regular pools or p2pool nodes, require all miners to mine via Masternodes, a whole lot of problems go away.

Still waiting for someone to explain the flaw in this plan...

They go to the masternodes that haven't updated. I've gotten 3 out of the last 20 payments I was selected for. grr.

coinminepl
coinotroncom
ghashio
trademybitcom
wafflepool

are the current culprits.

coinotroncom - they have responded me that in 2-3 days will update

Back