• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.13.x RC5 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
eduffield, could you please make the field a bit wider to avoid the overflow to the next line?

It will look better. The "." and ".." stay on the top line, but when we have "..." (3 dots) it starts new line.

99.jpg

Testers... please try small amounts. 10, 20, 25 etc.

will be faster to pair.

Thanks!

Edit: 10 DRK 2 rounds. Was charged 4 x 0.0125

Thought its only 0.0125/round.
Could someone explain the fee structure?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, ok. I know what's causing that and it can be avoided by using "masternode stop" and waiting 30 minutes before firing up the new node. I'm afraid fixing that is structural and I don't want to do it this close to release. I'll fix it next release though.

Just a thought, wouldnt be an automated, internal masternode stop signal on client shutdown (e.g. SIGTERM) sufficient?

JIRA restored.

Unfortunatly the last usable backup was 7 days old, so we lost tickets DRK-74 to DRK-91. I have manually recreated the tickets as far as possible, so if you are missing something please comment on the corresponding tickets.

Sorry for the inconvencience,
Holger

JIRA restored.

Damn, just when RC5 is going to release.
If i remember correct, there was 13 TODO issues.

Maybe Evan should take 'export backup' every day.
There is good export button...

Just finished my last round of testing with the latest version which fixes Kristov's security concerns.

All 3 wallets varying sizes, rounds etc all denominated successfully, no major bugs in my opinion.

I am personally happy for RC5 mainnet release :smile:

Edit: I hope we can get the GUI upgrade going again soon as I think this will give it the polish it deserves. Then continue with Instant Transactions / IP Obfuscation!

I'm using windows wallet v.13.13. I started out attempting to anonymize 100 tdrk, 2 rounds. Got only 1 round when the wallet didn't seem to go further, I then switched to 10 tdrk, 4 rounds... The result ended with 7 tdrk anonymized on the wallet:

upload_2014-9-21_3-15-54.png

But as you can see that it should not be 100%, and my wallet keeps getting "Payment to yourself". Something is not working right with Darksend in this matter. Here's the transaction screen:

upload_2014-9-21_3-20-30.png

And here's the coin control screen:

upload_2014-9-21_3-23-12.png

I would like to see that DS would cooperate with users when they want to change from one setting to another, that it would go smoothly and successfully...

your wallet mentioning 100% but yr input amounts not having reached the rounds you set for them (some even still at round 1) and then getting endless self payments indicates a bug... pls sent yr debug.log and wallet to Evan asap with critical priority.

edit 1 : made some changes in text as i first misread moli's post
edit 2 : did you stop anonymization before you changed settings ? or did you apply the new settings
while wallet was still anonymizing with previous settings ?

Completion bar still seems a bit wonky .. sometimes it shows 100% but you can tell its still anonymizing by either a status msg
''Submitted to masternode, waiting in que'' or by looking at the input amounts directly and seeing some amounts not reached the set rounds yet.

UmoI9HD.jpg

MZXG67B.jpg

a true 100% is when status msg only shows a constant ''Darksend is idle'' and all input amounts reached set rounds.

Edit : i forgot that hoovering over the completion bar with your mouse gives you more info about the reached rounds. So no need to use coin control to check the input amounts for reached rounds, you can just hoover with yr mouse over the completion bar.

completion bar would be more accurate if it includes how near we are towards set amount as well how near we are towards set rounds,
it now looks like it only calculates how near we are towards the set amount .. it doesnt seem to include the rounds.

80 DRK / 8 rounds were completed.
increased to 200 / 8 rounds.

Now progress bar is at 46%, but when I hover it shows 8 of 8 rounds.
Hover is not correct.

Is that a bug? could it be that the 8 of 8 still referring to the previews anon?

80 DRK / 8 rounds were completed.
increased to 200 / 8 rounds.

Now progress bar is at 46%, but when I hover it shows 8 of 8 rounds.
Hover is not correct.

Is that a bug? could it be that the 8 of 8 still referring to the previews anon?
Yes, it's still a bug. It's been happening to me too.

That sucks for the JIRA. I hope that we all learned from that, though, I do applaud you for the backups no matter how old the backup is. Thanks flare!

Yes, it's still a bug. It's been happening to me too.
Yeah um the progress bar works fine until you change any settings, at which point unfortunately all bets are off. As much as I like the concept and think we should keep it, I'm pretty sure it's going to raise a lot of questions. Sure would like to see every little piece working correctly for release tomorrow, but this does not affect client functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back