• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.13.x RC5 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent all my anon tdrk away to the faucet and changed the settings to 2 tdrk, 8 rounds to pair with you. Let's see if it will work.

I have only been getting 7 payment to yourself. First time I have gotten ones that weren't 0.001. I have received in oldest to recent order: -0.001, -0.003, -0.004, -0.003, -0.005, -0.004, -0.004

I have only been getting 7 payment to yourself. First time I have gotten ones that weren't 0.001. I have received in oldest to recent order: -0.001, -0.003, -0.004, -0.003, -0.005, -0.004, -0.004
Interesting... I have received 4 "Payment to yourself" fees, the first two were 0.00, the third fee: 0.006, fourth fee: 0.005. And 0 anonymized tdrk. Not sure why.

I'm going to change settings to 4 tdrk / 8 rounds to see what's next.

Submitted wallet.dat and debug log to a new open bug (90)

Is there any way to install 3 testnet wallets + 1 mainnet wallet on one Ubuntu 14.04 laptop? Would that be difficult?

But, on main net, this doesn't give you the absolute anonymity if you mix your own coins with each other, right?

on main net there is a much higher chance that a large part of yr own coins get mixed with other users and not that of yr other running clients because there is a lot more
same amount pairing going on there. Even on Testnet i noticed my own clients not always pairing with each other.. so there will always be a mix with other users.

edit : also each running client seem to have a certain randomness with the pairing process, leading to a different route of pairing. So two wallet of the same size and trying to anonymize the same amount can each end up searching for a different amount to pair with..

Last edited by a moderator:
on main net there is a much higher chance that a large part of yr own coins get mixed with other users and not that of yr other running clients because there is a lot more
same amount pairing going on there. Even on Testnet i noticed my own clients not always pairing with each other.. so there will always be a mix with other users.

edit : also each running client seem to have a certain randomness with the pairing process, leading to a different route of pairing. So two wallet of the same size and trying to anonymize the same amount can each end up searching for a different amount to pair with..
Sure. What I'm trying to say is if I run multiple clients on one computer or multiple clients on several computers from the same IP in trying to get my coins anonymized quicker because they can pair quicker, then the hope that they will pair with the coins from other users is slim and uncertain. More likely my coins will pair with each other, and the anonymity isn't accomplished. This is why you see Evan said pairing your own coins is only for testing.

Yes, flare adds a coingecko API to JIRA xD
:p - btw, i passed you :)

urm6g.jpg

So I tried to pair with Vertoe for 50 tdrk, 2 rounds, but my wallet didn't move, and Vertoe got all 50 tdrk anonymized, Probably already paired with someone else.

Now I'm running my wallet with 50,000 tdrk, 2 rounds. If anyone wants to do the same, please join in. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back